Bob

Remove this Banner Ad

Changed my opinion on him. I find myself enjoy his viewpoint more and more these days rather than being irritated by him trying too hard.

Also pretty obvious it's meant to be conversation rather than an interview.

Last edited:

Also pretty obvious it's meant to be conversation rather than an interview.
Yeah but the trick to any great interview is that it seems just like a conversation a la Parkinson or Denton but it isn't. It's an interview. A lot of Bob's stuff is like a conversation.. with a mildly annoying person who keeps cutting you off mid sentence to talk about themselves.

Yeah but the trick to any great interview is that it seems just like a conversation a la Parkinson or Denton but it isn't. It's an interview. A lot of Bob's stuff is like a conversation.. with a mildly annoying person who keeps cutting you off mid sentence to talk about themselves.

Parkie was an obnoxious oaf that interrupted guests all the time. Andrew Denton is my favourite interviewer. Particularly his older stuff.

Lehmo wrecked an interesting chat.
Lemme guess, with a lame "joke"? I'm not saying he's s**t, but one of my pet peeves is when "comedians" are mixed in with serious or semi-serious interviews, because they constantly interrupt interesting stuff by trying to be funny, which often derails the conversation.
Des Farkin Dowling used to do it all the time on SEN. Thank GORD he's not on This Is Your Sporting Life interrupting Peter Donegan and his guests

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gillard show wasn't bad - but wanted to hear more about her thoughts on football and the dogs not her post PM career.

Would have thought asking how a former #1 ticket holder felt about the end of the Premiership drought would have been interesting no?

Gillard show wasn't bad - but wanted to hear more about her thoughts on football and the dogs not her post PM career.

Would have thought asking how a former #1 ticket holder felt about the end of the Premiership drought would have been interesting no?
I always felt the no 1 ticket holder status was more convenience than her being a rusted on supporter.

Agree re the interview.

Good show

Typical Big Footy thread with every flog finding faults where there are none

What if I said it's boring as batshit? Or I don't find Fitzgerald even slightly interesting (a nobody) or Tex Perkins?
There are different opinions, yours isn't always right, no right or wrong. Silly post really.

I enjoyed the Gillard chat. the Parallels between politics and footy were interesting, then onto her work with Beyond Blue was about as much as can be fit into a short time like this show.

She is an incredible speaker.

I thought it was a wasted opportunity. The second half was more an advertorial for Beyond Blue than anything else.

I did enjoy hearing about the adrenaline rush and heightened senses required for Question Time - the closest the chat came to analysing preparation and performance in different fields.

You think she cares? I like Julia a lot, she was unfairly treated, but she’s not an actual footy fan.

What if I said it's boring as batshit?

Or I don't find Fitzgerald even slightly interesting (a nobody) or Tex Perkins?
Those would be valid criticisms and they'd be countered by saying, don't watch it. It's a pre-recorded one-on-one interview show. It's not The Sopranos. You know in advance who's on that week so if Fitzy or Tex doesn't float your boat, then watch some gay pr0n instead.

There are different opinions, yours isn't always right, no right or wrong. Silly post really.
I was simply responding to all the armchair critics who think they know best how to shoot a TV show. People love finding faults with anything that doesn't conform to their narrow expectations. Similar in a way to criticisms of Bob Murphy being a "pretentious wannabe hipster." He just seems like a perfectly normal fella to me. Not your typical AFL bogan who can't string two sentences together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back