Star Wars Bobba Fett - A Star Wars Story - Rumors and Spoilers

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Confirmed just a day or two ago that there will be a Bobba Fett anthology movie.

http://www.nme.com/news/film/boba-fett-standalone-confirmed-logan-director-james-mangold-2325192

Boba Fett standalone movie confirmed with ‘Logan’ director James Mangold
boba-fett-solo-movie-james-mangold-920x584.jpg

Credit: Getty

By Will Butler May 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Is this the right call for Star Wars' third spin-off?

James Mangold – director of Logan – will write and direct Star Wars‘ Boba Fett stand-alone movie centred on the fan-favourite bounty hunter.

As reported by Hollywood Reporter, the news comes from Lucasfilm who are also in the process of developing movies of a slew of characters across the Star Wars universe. The highly-anticipated Obi-Wan Kenobi solo film is currently in negotiations with Stephen Daldry of Billy Elliot fame to direct.

The script for the Boba Fett film will be written with X-Men franchise veteran Simon Kinberg, sources suggest. Despite Fett’s lack of screen-time (less than 20 minutes across the whole franchise) the bounty hunter has become legendary among fans of the sci-fi series.

Meanwhile, Donald Glover has shared one of his ideas for a possible Star Wars spin-off film about his new character, Lando Calrissian.

Glover will play a younger version of Lando in the upcoming Han Solo spin-off Solo: A Star Wars Story, which hits cinemas today (May 25)

“It would be cool to see, like, Frasier in space— like, a high-end guy in space,” Glover said.

“All of these characters are very specific and they have very specific points of view, so it’s always going to be fun to see them traveling around to a planet that is the opposite of what they’re used to. And all of that seems like it would be fun to write, for sure.”

Harrison Ford has given his verdict on Solo: A Star Wars Story, with the film’s director Ron Howard claiming that the actor was “raving about it” after seeing the finished version.

Mangold brought prestige to the superhero genre with Logan, which he co-wrote and directed, and was produced by Kinberg. The X-Men stand-alone featuring Wolverine earned the filmmaker plaudits as well as an Oscar nomination for best adapted screenplay.

The writer-director, who also counts the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line, the Tom Cruise action movie Knight and Day and the Western 3:10 to Yuma among his credits, is prepping to step behind the camera this summer for a Ford vs. Ferrari drama for Fox. Mangold is repped by WME, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.

Boba Fett movie is a bad idea imo. Shameless ca$h grabbing by Di$ney and pure exploitation of Star Wars fans.

Boba Fett movie is a bad idea imo. Shameless ca$h grabbing by Di$ney and pure exploitation of Star Wars fans.
They're obviously going to follow the Marvel model here. Where actors/characters spill across from one stand-alone anthology to the next, all fitting in between that era between ROTS and ANH. Just cramming adventures into that gap in time. Once we have a Fett and Obi movie, then there'll be some other movie, where we'll see Solo, Lando, Fett, Obi, Maul etc all interacting in a following movie.

Everybody from the original trilogy is going to get a movie.
Can’t wait for the Uncle Owen movie. Should be a ripping tale about a lonely, jaded moisture farmer on a desert rock.

Can’t wait for the Uncle Owen movie. Should be a ripping tale about a lonely, jaded moisture farmer on a desert rock.
You could actually make something of that. A $20m Star Wars film...

Clock is ticking until Jar Jar is reintegrated into the universe. Jar Jar and Utini can be the Star Wars equivalent of Thor Ragnarok.

Most ordinary people (not mega fans and uber nerds) would have no idea who Bobba Fett is. Strange move.

I've never understood the fascination some of the mega fans have with the character.

Most ordinary people (not mega fans and uber nerds) would have no idea who Bobba Fett is. Strange move.

I've never understood the fascination some of the mega fans have with the character.

+1
I’ve never got why he’s so popular. Boring as batshit character that went out like an amateur in ROTJ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero excitement to this! Just doesn’t seem right interesting enough for me..

I’d love to see a film on the rise of the Empire, between Revenge of The Sith and A New Hope. Emperor and Vader as the main characters, Vader trying to find remaining Jedis and trying to grapple with his new life and the Emporer trying to grow the Empire

Zero excitement to this! Just doesn’t seem right interesting enough for me..

I’d love to see a film on the rise of the Empire, between Revenge of The Sith and A New Hope. Emperor and Vader as the main characters, Vader trying to find remaining Jedis and trying to grapple with his new life and the Emporer trying to grow the Empire
That can always be a backdrop to whatever "Between ROTS and ANH" anthology movies they keep doing, tho they're focusing on Fett or Obi in those movies, the backdrop can still have that going on, with cameos by Palpatine and Vader.

Joel Edgerton is available.

Has this actually been confirmed or just reported as confirmed. I get the feeling they are setting up an unofficial trilogy with Solo, Boba Fett and Kenobi but I'm not really feeling it myself; too locked into the one era and not showing enough creativity.

Also, not sure they will commit to a Boba Fett movie, they'll either turn him into a bit of a good guy (since all films need a hero) or it will be a quasi-sequel to Solo. At least Mangold would do a good job if they do commit to the premise.

Which means the news comes from the Hollywood Reporter? After the Kenobi misfire, I'll wait to hear it from Lucasfilm directly or Mangold.
From Yahoo....

Reps from Lucasfilm and Disney did not immediately return calls for comment. Some sources close to the project stress that the Boba Fett movie is in development, and not yet greenlit or dated. As they have before, things could always change.

Another standalone movie rumored to be in the works includes an Obi-Wan Kenobi film, which Stephen Daldry was considering directing. But so far, Lucasfilm hasn’t confirmed anything beyond J.J. Abrams’ Episode IX, which will come out in December 2019.

Don't get the facisnation with Bobba Fett a character didn't reall give a **** about.

A movie about young Palpatine and the rule of two would be great
Apparently, that OP report by THR says that Disney are planning a SLEW of characters in upcoming stand-alones. So there could very well be one there for the Empire side of things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back