Recommitted Bobby Hill [requested trade to Essendon but will be held to his contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would he get a game in Geelong’s best 22 or would he be required to fulfil the standard 3 years in VFL?
Best 22, contracted and wanted, young.

People talking late or future 2nds and 3rds are going to have some bad news coming.

But but the player…

The irony.

Geel In: F1 (Ess) + F2 (Ess)
Geel Out: J.Clark + F1 + F4

Freo in: J.Clark
Freo out: R.Lobb

GWS in: Lobb
GWS out: I.Hill

Ess In: I.Hill + F1 (Geel) + F4 (Geel)
Ess Out: F1 + F2
To be honest, I think Essendon gets the worst deal here. Straight up future 2nd is reasonable for Hill without likely downgrading your 1st

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both want out. Apparently. Both for personal reasons.

Whats not to compare?

Your comments yesterday are hilarious when 24 hours later it’s exact same scenario with Hill and your tune changed to sound exactly how Freo supporters feel about Lobb.

Funny that.
Not at all the exact same case.
A bloke at the end of his career vs someone at the beginning.

Not at all the exact same case.
A bloke at the end of his career vs someone at the beginning.

Nothing to do with my comment.

Yesterday you were saying Freo should just deal to release Lobb. We were offered well unders. Most supporters would be ok with moving Lobb or any player for that matter so long as it was fair. But he is contracted and very much needed, so fair possibly wouldn’t get it done. That was all we are arguing. Future 2nd isn’t in any way a good deal.

Now Bobby wants out and you’re singing the exact same tune. THE EXACT as what we are.

Doesn’t matter if he’s young and Lobbs old.

You want overs. Rightfully so. That is what is the EXACT nature of my comment.

Laughable.

Nothing to do with my comment.

Yesterday you were saying Freo should just deal to release Lobb. We were offered well unders. Most supporters would be ok with moving Lobb or any player for that matter so long as it was fair. But he is contracted and very much needed, so fair possibly wouldn’t get it done. That was all we are arguing. Future 2nd isn’t in any way a good deal.

Now Bobby wants out and you’re singing the exact same tune. THE EXACT as what we are.

Doesn’t matter if he’s young and Lobbs old.

You want overs. Rightfully so. That is what is the EXACT nature of my comment.

Laughable.
Don’t want overs at all.

also never said that it was wrong that Freo demand overs for Lobb.
I said Freo were well with in their rights to demand what they want.
I also said that the Giants shouldn’t, hopefully wont, pay overs.
All I said yesterday was Young was playing both clubs. Again.
Think you have your Giants fans mixed up.

Don’t want overs at all.

also never said that it was wrong that Freo demand overs for Lobb.
I said Freo were well with in their rights to demand what they want.
I also said that the Giants shouldn’t, hopefully wont, pay overs.
All I said yesterday was Young was playing both clubs. Again.
Think you have your Giants fans mixed up.
Probably do have wrong poster. Apologies.

Good luck with rest of trades.

If Hawthorn were to be involved I’d love it if freo were interested in O’meara for example. Build it into a lobb trade with picks to square up between us and it could end up a very good win win

A find it a little amusing that some of the prices thrown around are similar or less than the likes of Tom Mitchell or Jaeger O'Meara.

I get there is a difference in age but Bobby Hill is a fringe small forward who not once has had more than 15 touches in a game (averaging less than 10). He doesn't lay that many tackles (less than 3) or kick many goals (0.8 per game). He's a nippy little player that could develop into a handy small forward.

The old Bigfooty adage of "better to be young than good" springs to mind.

(Please note this is not a go at Bobby Hill. I would be happy for Hawthorn to pick him up. Just noticing the contrast with some posters where multiple All Australians/Brownlow winners, etc. are worth less than fringe players)

Would he get a game in Geelong’s best 22 or would he be required to fulfil the standard 3 years in VFL?

But but the player…

The irony.

Nah he would play.

A find it a little amusing that some of the prices thrown around are similar or less than the likes of Tom Mitchell or Jaeger O'Meara.

I get there is a difference in age but Bobby Hill is a fringe small forward who not once has had more than 15 touches in a game (averaging less than 10). He doesn't lay that many tackles (less than 3) or kick many goals (0.8 per game). He's a nippy little player that could develop into a handy small forward.

(Please note this is not a go at Bobby Hill. I would be happy for Hawthorn to pick him up. Just noticing the contrast with some posters where multiple All Australians/Brownlow winners, etc. are worth less than fringe players)
Age does matter.

I can’t believe some of the suggestions being thrown around for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back