Recommitted Bobby Hill [requested trade to Essendon but will be held to his contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely an interesting one. His actual stats are a bit underwhelming but one thing did stand out and that was he was 6th in goal assists per game.
I'd seen him play a few times and his pace definitely stands out but haven't seen enough to know exactly what sort of player is or what he'd be worth.
We do have a genuine need for a ready to go small forward. Tippa and Dev Smith are not that far from the end of their careers and then we have the Davey brothers coming through in the following draft but they'll need time to develop.

If GWS don't want a future 2nd, Dons should let him go elsewhere.

Not that special to warrant anything more than where he was drafted which was with a pick in the mid 20's. Our future second will probably be in the 25-30 range, which is spot on.

How does a bloke picked at the start of the second round who hasn’t exactly set the world on fire garner more trade value than where he was originally picked at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn’t. I mentioned a third rounder before but I’d probably do a future second for Hill and a future third in return given we need points for the Davey’s next year…

If GWS don't want a future 2nd, Dons should let him go elsewhere.

Not that special to warrant anything more than where he was drafted which was with a pick in the mid 20's. Our future second will probably be in the 25-30 range, which is spot on.

Completely agree.
Think he suits the bombers, makes you better straight away and a Fr2 would be bang on for mine.
Do GWS have an academy player in Fahey that they need points for?

I'd be keen on the cats offering one of our picks in the 30's. we have (30, 32, 34).
Given that the giants do need some space if they want to bring lobb in, that may suffice.
Not that he has been linked to the cats, I just like him.

From a pure football perspective I think it’s in his best interest to stay at GWS.

He is just starting to play some good footy and really establish himself as player. He will lose momentum and stability moving clubs andhavibg To learn a new system and team mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough. I was just interested in your hypothetical preference. Understand if you’d prefer to walk away and miss out on hill than offer more.
Nah all good mate. Too me i look at Tyson Stengle and think does Hill offer us that much more than Stengle does? Also stengle is free.

If getting Hill affects us targeting a tall forward or bigger body mid in the future then I don’t want him. Nice player but not one you break the bank over.

From a pure football perspective I think it’s in his best interest to stay at GWS.

He is just starting to play some good footy and really establish himself as player. He will lose momentum and stability moving clubs andhavibg To learn a new system and team mates.
while this may be true if things aren’t good off field for him then it will affect his football performance.
Very much of the opinion if you want to leave while under contract then while it may be fair to say I have a preference for club A or B I just want to be in Victoria so if someone else can offer you something better send me there.

How does a bloke picked at the start of the second round who hasn’t exactly set the world on fire garner more trade value than where he was originally picked at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn’t.

Some of the trade suggestions in here are laughable.

This might even get done for a future 3rd.

Contracted and wants to go home for personal reasons. Shouldn't be allowed to nominate a club. I have no issue with club nominations for players who have seen the end of their contracts and may have legitimate reasons for not going to a particular club, but in Bobbys case is there reason why GWS shouldn't be allowed to just take the best offer from whichever Victorian club provides it?

In saying that, pretty certain he'll end up at Essendon.

Contracted and wants to go home for personal reasons. Shouldn't be allowed to nominate a club. I have no issue with club nominations for players who have seen the end of their contracts and may have legitimate reasons for not going to a particular club, but in Bobbys case is there reason why GWS shouldn't be allowed to just take the best offer from whichever Victorian club provides it?

home is WA not Victoria

It’s all bs.

Ian Hill is from WA.

Both WA clubs didn’t want him.

Hill isn’t in the Giants best 22 and the real reason he wants to go is get an opportunity to play.

The connection with B Hill is laughable.

GWS need more forward pressure. Hill has no tank, but is electric. So trade Hill to Hawthorn swap 2 for 5 and O’meara (Hawks and pick up some of his salary or get a second rounder fo get) make Cog a pure pressure forward (O’Meara’s best mate), compliment Bruhn and Stone( Cogs when he is fit he is a gun mid forward). O’Meara rotates with Green, Hopper, Taranto and Ward. At the draft get another mid, tall defender, Lobb replaces Keefe and pick up Fahey (Academy) and maybe a small forward. Flag fancy for 2022

GWS need more forward pressure. Hill has no tank, but is electric. So trade Hill to Hawthorn swap 2 for 5 and O’meara (Hawks and pick up some of his salary or get a second rounder fo get) make Cog a pure pressure forward (O’Meara’s best mate), compliment Bruhn and Stone( Cogs when he is fit he is a gun mid forward). O’Meara rotates with Green, Hopper, Taranto and Ward. At the draft get another mid, tall defender, Lobb replaces Keefe and pick up Fahey (Academy) and maybe a small forward. Flag fancy for 2022
2+Hill for 5+Gunston and maybe a swap of 13 and 21 and Hawthorn pay the majority of the contract and take on a salary cap dump.

For his partner. Wherever family is. Whatever. Point remains, in these circumstances should have to forgo the right to nominate a club.
I just can't stand the 'home' to Melbourne comments when it's incorrect.

People were saying the same for Stephen May, even though he'd only spent 2 years at boarding school there and lived 16 years in the NT and 8 years on the GC, but somehow Melbourne was 'home'.

The concern for me was he would want a return to WA for family reasons.
This attempt to go to vic has me thinking it isn’t family, but a big $$$ contract.
The aim to have O’Meara is to increase the pressure in the middle and help his mate Cogs to get better. If the Hawks want Callaghan, to replace O’Meara the draft, GWS don’t want Gunston with his sore back. It’s getting a younger version plus Bobby Hill

If the trade is the Hawks I would ask for Breust or Dylan Moore (Unlikely) but Breust could be a chance and the Giants have been asking every year since 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back