Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen it as I don't have Stan...

The Collingwood link was 3-4 days after he requested a trade to us though. Did he switch his preference on the basis of a 4 year deal and then switch back when it was no longer offered?

It's covered in the Stan 'Show Me The Money' documentary covering trade period and the draft.

Hill had settled on Collingwood, as they were offering the extra year however after Collingwood spoke with GWS, they realised there was no realistic prospect of a trade and pulled out.

Hill's agent then called Essendon and said it would have to be four to convince him to pick Essendon, Dodoro was (rightfully) pissed as Hill seemed to change his mind on decisions and only agreed to four years on the proviso that Hill himself actually got on the phone and committed to nominating Essendon.

Another tidbit, Hill's management try to suggest that Hill was the last piece of the puzzle to put Essendon over for a premiership and they should up their offer to a future second and third. Dodoro said "If I did that deal I would be sacked".
You wonder how this will impact on the next time Hill tries to be traded.

I doubt Dodo has much trust of his management team...

You wonder how this will impact on the next time Hill tries to be traded.

I doubt Dodo has much trust of his management team...

The documentary was an absolute mare for Young and McDougall.

Byond Hill, they had the Rory Lobb fail and kept telling Matthew Johnson he was getting selected between a certain range only to drop well below that and not even being drafted in the first round, despite attending the WA function.

Byond Hill, they had the Rory Lobb fail and kept telling Matthew Johnson he was getting selected between a certain range only to drop well below that and not even being drafted in the first round, despite attending the WA function.
I would surprised by the lack of agent contact with GWS too. They seemed to think GWS would just agree to release Hill at the 11th hour. Shouldn't they be getting more involved to make it happen.

Compare to the Finlayson trade by the same club... but his manager seemed far more proactive to get his client to SA in similar circumstances for family reasons.

I haven't seen it as I don't have Stan...

The Collingwood link was 3-4 days after he requested a trade to us though. Did he switch his preference on the basis of a 4 year deal and then switch back when it was no longer offered?
Pies were his 1st option until they said it was too hard with no trade capital.

Not sure they painted dodo in a very good light either.

Young is a flog.

I would surprised by the lack of agent contact with GWS too. They seemed to think GWS would just agree to release Hill at the 11th hour. Shouldn't they be getting more involved to make it happen.

Compare to the Finlayson trade by the same club... but his manager seemed far more proactive to get his client to SA in similar circumstances for family reasons.
Finlayson and his agent had been working with the club all year and had been up front.

Hill and Young(surprise) dumped it on the Giants at the 11th hour 1 week after being 100% about extending.
Players/managers say that stuff all the time but that usually happens at the end of the contract, not with another season on the books to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they thought they could convince him to stay

No issue backing your culture in as some times it works other times like this case it doesn’t

I think they thought they could convince him to stay

No issue backing your culture in as some times it works other times like this case it doesn’t
Yeah Papley seems the only one

Question marks still on weather Dunkley stays at the dogs imo

Haven’t watched much of GWS this year but his stats are pretty bad.
What does he do well?

Low possessions
Less than goal a game
Only 3 score involvements per match
Only 1 single goal assists in 8 games
Only 13 pressure acts / game
1 inside 50 tackle / match which is reasonable.

Historically not really a threat to kick multiple goals.

So not that good offensively or defensively this year at least.

Doesn’t seem to have got any better since debut year.

In the past when I’ve watched him, just seems to play very small. A real fly weight.

Haven’t watched much of GWS this year but his stats are pretty bad.
What does he do well?

Low possessions
Less than goal a game
Only 3 score involvements per match
Only 1 single goal assists in 8 games
Only 13 pressure acts / game
1 inside 50 tackle / match which is reasonable.

Historically not really a threat to kick multiple goals.

So not that good offensively or defensively this year at least.

Doesn’t seem to have got any better since debut year.

In the past when I’ve watched him, just seems to play very small. A real fly weight.

He marks overhead well for a small but it's not really what any coach wants from their small fwd.

GWS should have let him go last year now they will get less

They were caught hamstrung with his management requesting a trade two days before the deadline, plus they started the season without Toby Greene for 6 weeks or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back