Current Bodies of Two Sisters as Saudi Foreign Nationals Found in Canterbury Apartment - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

And to why the girls were frightened I really do not know. They could've been frightened because of their background. Or because they fled. That's a possibility. But they could've been mentally ill too. Just going by what the plumber said I think it was who said something strange is going on in that house and I never want to visit there again. Who was in the house when the girls were there? It was just the two girls and the plumber. What exactly were the girls doing/what environment were they creating to the point they made him say those comments? No one else was in the home. That can be linked to mental illness.

Whodovoodoo?

........ Just going by what the plumber said I think it was who said something strange is going on in that house and I never want to visit there again. Who was in the house when the girls were there? It was just the two girls and the plumber. What exactly were the girls doing/what environment were they creating to the point they made him say those comments? ...........
Possibly, the actions of the girls might have been what he was referring to as strange ie: if they were acting frightened of him, huddling away in the corner from him. I think it would be very unnerving for a trades man to go into some ones home and for the occupants to act in this way.

I don't know if you can just write off this is an uninformed nonsense bigotry.

Why the hell did the police set up a task force to investigate something that was so clear cut as a suicide?

Something stinks massively here and i'm not buying it

I never said it was a clear cut suicide. Obviously the cops think it's a possibility that they were murdered otherwise they wouldn't of gone public asking for more info.

But at this point they think it's likely they died by suicide as least that what was reported. I don't see anything that stinks actually.

I don't get your point too. So the cops set up a task force because they suspect it was more than just suicide. But now a week after asking for more information from the public it's likely the cops think it was suicide.

How do you not know they're not investigating the possibility that one sister killed the other and then disguised it by also dying and they are wanting to get more information from the public about each girls to see if that theory is probable?

That's a possibility too.

How do you not know they're not investigating the possibility that one sister killed the other and then disguised it by also dying and they are wanting to get more information from the public about each girls to see if that theory is probable?

This is where I was at a couple of days ago. One sister killed the other then suicided herself which would explain why they were in separtate beds. With a suicide pact, I'd expect them both to have died together.

In this scenario, there's still a possible murder to investigate, that might actually have been accidental.

This is where I was at a couple of days ago. One sister killed the other then suicided herself which would explain why they were in separtate beds. With a suicide pact, I'd expect them both to have died together.

In this scenario, there's still a possible murder to investigate, that might actually have been accidental.

Why do they have to be together for it to be a suicide pact? I don't get that theory.

I mean if they used chemicals like some reports then how come people don't think that yes they intended to kill themselves with chemicals but they went to their beds because they were sore or in pain and they thought they would survive after some sleep to rest instead of staying together or they went to their beds after taking the chemicals hoping yes they would die but they weren't sure their method would work.

It's not like everyone who ever tries to kill themselves with any method always succeeds.

I really don't get why they have to be together holding hands or next to each other for it to be a likely suicide.

Both couldve taken whatever they took went to their beds and slept hoping yes they would die but it's still a possibility they would survive so they slept separately.

It's suicide. Even those who commit it at least most don't really want to do it. It's not like they did it all happy.

I don't get the why they need to be together for it to be a suicide pact.

I don't get that theory at all.

Are they supposed to be holding hands and then be found that way? Seriously I don't support theory at all.

I don't think people think critically enough about this case. Just go with the reports. They were frightened about something which at this point there is nothing to suggest they were targeted. When the cops visited the girls at least one was behaving weirdly by hiding behind her sister.

Now let's think critically say one of them did commit suicide after she had informed her sister she wanted to do it and how she was going to do it. One sister is knocked out presumably dead so the other sister copies to not be alone. Considering one or both behaved so weirdly when the plumber visited or the cops came, that is another scenario.

One sister killed herself after repeatedly threatening to the other that she was going to do it and once it was done the other one panicked realised hey I'm going to be alone in this house and I'm in a foreign country and I've got no one and I'm already paranoid, the cops are going to think I killed my sister.

Bang she also goes and kills herself thus explaining why they were found in different rooms.

Just a suggestion of course not that I think that's what happened but it's a possibility.

Is it not?

Yeah I don't know anything about voodoo stuff so I won't comment on that.

The ABC radio Background briefing show with a special investigation segment on this case is on 8am this Sunday on Radio National.

The bit on the radio today on it was just a promo from the ABC investigative journo, Mahmood Fazal
promoting it, in talking with Josh Szeps (via a phone call).

There's a <2 minute short background briefing segment on it from yesterday

Which includes interviews with people the journos have spoken to about the case that claim to have info on it, and that claim that Police have not interviewed them.

It’s out early with a 42m podcast at the below link and placeholder for a transcript which will be published on Tuesday.

It’s out early with a 42m podcast at the below link and placeholder for a transcript which will be published on Tuesday.

Alternative sources to listen to this to on Apple and Google podcast sites/apps

Trust the Daily Mail to attend the home open today.
:sick::sick::sick:

'EXCLUSIVE: GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING - Daily Mail Australia goes inside the apartment where the bodies of two Saudi sisters were left decomposing for a month - after being given a grim warning at the front door'

'PUBLISHED: 16:17 AEST, 6 August 2022 | UPDATED: 17:04 AEST, 6 August 2022'

'Before entering the property, prospective tenants received the same verbal disclaimer from the realtor - 'some people died in there but it's all been cleaned and it's all OK'.

'I just have to tell you that.'

The news didn't come as a surprise to anyone - most weren't interested in signing the lease.

Upon entering the unit on the relatively warm winter's morning, sun beamed through the large balcony doors and bounced off the tiles, white walls and laminated kitchen cabinets - filling the open-plan living space with light.

However, there was a curious smell that became increasingly difficult to ignore.

At first, it was easy enough to brush the smell off as chemical residue left over from the crime scene, or perhaps Pine O Cleen and Windex from the post-investigation cleaning blitz.'

'But even with fresh air streaming into the unit via the large balcony doors on Saturday morning, the aroma was present - particularly in the two small bedrooms - and it didn't smell like bleach or cleaning products.

In fact, the acrid smell that had initially been difficult to pinpoint was suddenly, unmistakably, one of death and decay.

'Unsettling' was an understatement and 'eerie' wasn't the right word. It felt like despair.'

'it's difficult to imagine living there and sleeping soundly.
Not due to any fear the new occupant would succumb to the same fate, but because it simply felt like tragedy inside.'

Trust the Daily Mail to attend the home open today.
:sick::sick::sick:

'EXCLUSIVE: GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING - Daily Mail Australia goes inside the apartment where the bodies of two Saudi sisters were left decomposing for a month - after being given a grim warning at the front door'

'PUBLISHED: 16:17 AEST, 6 August 2022 | UPDATED: 17:04 AEST, 6 August 2022'

'Before entering the property, prospective tenants received the same verbal disclaimer from the realtor - 'some people died in there but it's all been cleaned and it's all OK'.

'I just have to tell you that.'

The news didn't come as a surprise to anyone - most weren't interested in signing the lease.

Upon entering the unit on the relatively warm winter's morning, sun beamed through the large balcony doors and bounced off the tiles, white walls and laminated kitchen cabinets - filling the open-plan living space with light.

However, there was a curious smell that became increasingly difficult to ignore.

At first, it was easy enough to brush the smell off as chemical residue left over from the crime scene, or perhaps Pine O Cleen and Windex from the post-investigation cleaning blitz.'

'But even with fresh air streaming into the unit via the large balcony doors on Saturday morning, the aroma was present - particularly in the two small bedrooms - and it didn't smell like bleach or cleaning products.

In fact, the acrid smell that had initially been difficult to pinpoint was suddenly, unmistakably, one of death and decay.

'Unsettling' was an understatement and 'eerie' wasn't the right word. It felt like despair.'

'it's difficult to imagine living there and sleeping soundly.
Not due to any fear the new occupant would succumb to the same fate, but because it simply felt like tragedy inside.'

Now say these were your two daughters. Even if you weren't on good terms because they fled or even if you despised them because they again fled or didn't respect you/your principles, values and beliefs, would you still want stories like this which are being read and shared by people all over the world?

I'm a say most people would say no.

Take away the images of the two sisters and I highly doubt there would be a lot of stories on this case.

I guess the parents refusing to have their images released were right even though it's for reasons we don't agree with. Stories like this are now being run.

Not good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first thing the cops should be doing right now is speaking to this worker who claims he saw a middle eastern man and who said he was from the girls building.

Not saying I discount his story as it is possible they were being watched or harrassed by a man and in a slip up this man said he was from their building.

I just don't completely buy his story because the worker said he possibly looked Saudi Arabian. Most Arabs who live in the west can't tell what a Saudi Arabian looks like yet this random person who I'm assuming isn't arab could?

But regardless that should be the number one theory they are looking into right now. As although I do think it's likely it was suicide but because there has been so much mystery which has even led the cops to be confused then it's more than possible something very strange happened. Lots of unanswered questions can mean it was left this way to cause confusion by someone and usually it will not be by the victims(s).

The first thing the cops should be doing right now is speaking to this worker who claims he saw a middle eastern man and who said he was from the girls building.

Not saying I discount his story as it is possible they were being watched or harrassed by a man and in a slip up this man said he was from their building.

I just don't completely buy his story because the worker said he possibly looked Saudi Arabian. Most Arabs who live in the west can't tell what a Saudi Arabian looks like yet this random person who I'm assuming isn't arab could?

But regardless that should be the number one theory they are looking into right now. As although I do think it's likely it was suicide but because there has been so much mystery which has even led the cops to be confused then it's more than possible something very strange happened. Lots of unanswered questions can mean it was left this way to cause confusion by someone and usually it will not be by the victims(s).

He may have been misquoted because I'm sure in one press report this witness said he simply looked 'arab' not Saudi, agree nobody could identify a Saudi unless they were wearing traditional dress and headwear which isn't likely at all.

The middle eastern man might have been the 2 sisters security detail.

Or someone they sublet, AirBNB'ed or took in as a lodger for a while or less.

When running short of money, the sisters might have shared a bedroom together for a bit, whilst someone else paid them $ to stay in the other bedroom.

The middle eastern man might have been the 2 sisters security detail.

Or someone they sublet, AirBNB'ed or took in as a lodger for a while or less.

When running short of money, the sisters might have shared a bedroom together for a bit, whilst someone else paid them $ to stay in the other bedroom.

No I don't buy that. The girls moved in late 2021. Early 2022 they were paranoid.

Then we have this unknown middle eastern man in the middle of this. Would they really be letting a random middle eastern man live with them if they were so paranoid?

If this man exists has the police spoken to him since he saw the girls in the last weeks of their lives?

Has he come forward?

Do we also know if the bodies are baxk in SA as if they are and the ABC reporter indicated so then I Think it's more likely it was a murder. Can't really see the family taking the bodies back if it was suicide especially if they weren't on good terms to begin with which looks likely.

Would they really be letting a random middle eastern man live with them if they were so paranoid?
More likely a lodger that they knew or was recommended to them by someone they trusted.
If this man exists has the police spoken to him since he saw the girls in the last weeks of their lives?

Has he come forward?
Possibly.

The Police are under no obligation to reveal in public at this point in time, whether he has come forward or they have worked out who it is and spoken to them.

Rejected why?????? :'(

The sisters were seeking asylum in Australia and it has now been revealed their application for permanent protection visas had been rejected, reported on Tuesday.

A source familiar with the sisters’ application told the newspaper one of the women had applied for the visa on the basis she was a lesbian and the other applied on the grounds she was an atheist.

There was a further claim one of the sisters was escaping a forced marriage.

The sisters applied for subclass 866 protection visas, reserved for people who arrived in Australia on a valid visa and want to seek asylum.

it has now been revealed their application for permanent protection visas had been rejected, reported on Tuesday.
'PUBLISHED: 12:15 AEST, 30 July 2022 | UPDATED: 12:22 AEST, 30 July 2022'

'Both were in touch with settlement providers and were on bridging visas.'

We can assume that the 2 sisters bridging visas had not expired before the 2 sisters bodies were allegedly first reported discovered, otherwise I envisage that Australian authorities would have been monitoring to make that they left Australia by the required expiry date of their bridging visa, and if there was no evidence that they had left, obtained a spare key from their landlord and likely entered their apartment to see if they were in there, if they got no reply from knocking on their door.

Assuming that they were on bridging visas as a result of instigating an appeal process (possibly not the first of a number of available appeals) from an initial rejection of their permanent protection visas, might any private detective that was monitoring them in some way, have been doing so on behalf of Australian authorities, in Australian authorities assessing any permanent protection visa appeal of theirs that was not yet finalised?

Well that makes suicide seem more likely
Maybe only if all permanent protection visa appeal avenues had been exhausted and all possible and doable visa appeals or alternative visa options been rejected.

Possibly including any asylum claims to countries other than Australia, where Australia might have issued a temporary bridging visa to the 2 sisters, pending the outcome of asylum claims to other countries like NZ or Canada?

Wow. This case just keeps throwing up curve balls and remains important to keep an open mind.

Is it possible the Saudi focus was leaked to the media to distract from the failings in regards to visa/asylum protections? Seems potentially

Wow. This case just keeps throwing up curve balls and remains important to keep an open mind.

Is it possible the Saudi focus was leaked to the media to distract from the failings in regards to visa/asylum protections? Seems potentially

They were doing all the right things for five years, paying their rent, going to school and working, making an effort to attend groups and find others they could connect with, not causing any trouble. It's hard to believe they could have been refused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back