Movie Bohemian Rhapsody

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed it but definitely would have preferred it to have more of the outrageous antics of the band. Didn’t really take anything away but I would have thought a movie about a band like Queen would be catered for a somewhat older audience. Not for a bunch of kids.

Freddie was larger than life, the rest of the band were fairly loose from all reports too. So it was disappointing for the movie to basically only have one proper party scene and make out like Freddie only partied as he came to terms with his sexuality. It literally seemed as though it was Freddie playing with three bores.

The cinematography was top notch.

Last edited:
Malek got the mannerisms right but he wasnt perfect. He was too confident off stage, his voice he played too deep, and he really struggled with the prosthetic teeth in that he couldnt manage to do the enunciation of an english private school boy accent.

This movie is very enjoyable, but its very obviously the band sanctioned version. When they do the one that deep dives in on Freddy, they need someone who can act, not just mimick

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I enjoyed it, I didn't have an issue with the lack of outrageous-nous, at the end of the day, despite being huge rockstars, they were relatively sane people. I think theres varied reports from Freddie parties as opposed to the band themselves, (dinners vs wild parties). The others get painted got painted as a bit too clean though IMO.

That being said, one issue I had with the film is that it flows between a quasi Queen 'Road to Live Aid', and a Freddie biopic. Never really settled on what it wanted to be.

That being said, the production values on this film were amazing, and on top of the soundtrack makes it worth seeing. Get why some people might not have enjoyed it though.

I've watched Bohemian Rhapsody twice.
The only other movie I have ever watched more than once at the cinema is Titanic.

Went and saw it again yesterday and was still drawn into it.
Sat next to a bloke who said he was 80, and he loved it, but couldn't stand seeing blokes kissing (older generation).

Last night, I found and watched this on youtube.
I treated it as the second part of Bohemian Rhapsody as it focused quite a great deal on Freddie's last 7 years of his life to the end, and went into some detail.
It may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it, I didn't have an issue with the lack of outrageous-nous, at the end of the day, despite being huge rockstars, they were relatively sane people. I think theres varied reports from Freddie parties as opposed to the band themselves, (dinners vs wild parties). The others get painted got painted as a bit too clean though IMO.

That being said, one issue I had with the film is that it flows between a quasi Queen 'Road to Live Aid', and a Freddie biopic. Never really settled on what it wanted to be.

That being said, the production values on this film were amazing, and on top of the soundtrack makes it worth seeing. Get why some people might not have enjoyed it though.
Obviously Freddie was the most outrageous of the lot, but was a bit ridiculous the way they made the other 3 seem like well behaved bores. Guess that's what happens when they are involved in making it.

Also found it odd the way they basically turned the second half of the film into Freddie was a campaigner for a while and then came back knowing he had AIDS and it would be his swansong. Really strange.

I loved the movie. OK so there were liberties and timeline issues (did Thanos go back and alter events using the time stone?). but i didnt know of this until after the movie thanks to the internet.Was Littlefingers character real? Dunno.

I waited with baited breath as he sat at the piano and caressed the air with "ive paid my dues"......

having close to zero idea about the band other than freddie and brian, and the songs of course made this a roller coaster ride of sound, ambiance and wow factor. did not know about his partner (the waiter). didnt know he was from abroad.

didnt know.....a lot.

didnt matter.

Dat Live Aid performance. No big props, simple. Let the music do the work.

Was really looking forward to this but in then end I found it a bit boring. Knew the backstory of Freddie and being gay and aids etc but not much about the band. Still don't know much about the band.

Of course the music was awesome but felt the story was a bit bland - as my missus said, told a story that didn't need to be told.

Was interested in the bits where it showed who wrote what song etc and how they made some songs. The bass line for another one bites the dust was great to see he wrote the song and lyrics etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad i read reviews before I saw it because it lessened my expectations, I thought the acting was very good but the inconsistencies of the story annoyed me.

Also found it weird they included 'hammer to fall' but cut out 'we will rock you' when doing Live Aid.

I think they should of stayed true for the ending atleast and had Freddie telling them he had aids after live aid, It wasn't dramatic enough in the movie, apparently they were all devastated (especially John) when they found out.

And the movie should of ended with a quick scene at the end of whoever it was that went into his bedroom to find he had passed away.

Was really looking forward to this but in then end I found it a bit boring. Knew the backstory of Freddie and being gay and aids etc but not much about the band. Still don't know much about the band.

Of course the music was awesome but felt the story was a bit bland - as my missus said, told a story that didn't need to be told.

Was interested in the bits where it showed who wrote what song etc and how they made some songs. The bass line for another one bites the dust was great to see he wrote the song and lyrics etc.

Pretty much this. No real insights, seemed to take the soft safe option. Run of the mill.

I don't know the story of when they sacked Norman Sheffield but them making it out to be about creative freedom for which single to release off Night at the Opera was a bit rich. Death on two legs is on that album and is dedicated to him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Saw it last night. Entertaining but very sanitised and clearly not how some of it played out.

The other thing that bothered me was how different Malek’s build was to Mercury’s. Seriously, there’s video of the Live Aid gig next to the footage from this and Mercury looks about a foot taller and much broader.

He did a good job otherwise. Apparently they mixed his voice with Freddie’s and another singer’s. I wonder if that impacts on his awards prospects - others who have played famous singers have used their own voices but you couldn’t get away with that with Freddie.

Saw it last night. Entertaining but very sanitised and clearly not how some of it played out.

The other thing that bothered me was how different Malek’s build was to Mercury’s. Seriously, there’s video of the Live Aid gig next to the footage from this and Mercury looks about a foot taller and much broader.

He did a good job otherwise. Apparently they mixed his voice with Freddie’s and another singer’s. I wonder if that impacts on his awards prospects - others who have played famous singers have used their own voices but you couldn’t get away with that with Freddie.
This is why Sacha Baron Cohen would have been a better fit, similar build and looks to Freddie. But May and Co got their knickers in a twist and so instead we have this sanitised and inaccurate PG version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back