FTA-TV Bojack Horseman

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm only at Ep 5 in S4, but I'm realy not enjoying it as much. I don't get what the hell its doing.

Bojack finally stops sabotaging himself in time for all the others to f*** their lives up (Todd excepted, but that's just Todd and his zany antics for you).

If it wasn't for Todd this series would be the bleakest comedy series I've ever seen.

His Dentist Clown venture is the perfectly needed, absurdist cherry on a pretty bleak season.

The way it ends with them unleashed in the woods, all rabid, is the hardest I laughed all season by a mile.

Only watched the first two episodes, first one seemed to have Bojack revert to being a self-centred arsehole and not many of the jokes landed, but the second was so so good even as a Diane-centred episode. I hope the rest of the season can match it.

No spoilers, but is it better than Season 4? Hard to top the 'I'm a piece of s**t' and Bojack's mum flashback episodes.

I would say it's as good, definitely not worse. Episode 6 is an art piece, a departure on the level of the underwater episode. The pacing and handling of BJ's "obstacle" this season is perfect. And of course, in true BJ fashion, it has so much juicy, juicy foreshadowing which makes episodes 11 & 12 a massive punch in the gut.

Only been able to watch 2 episodes so far but the Diane ep ended up being a real kick in the guts.

Not that you'd expect anything less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only been able to watch 2 episodes so far but the Diane ep ended up being a real kick in the guts.

Not that you'd expect anything less.

Agreed, the show continues to amaze with what it can do. Thought it would just be a wacky animated show featuring anthropomorphic animals after the first few episodes of season 1, glad I persisted.

I would say it's as good, definitely not worse. Episode 6 is an art piece, a departure on the level of the underwater episode. The pacing and handling of BJ's "obstacle" this season is perfect. And of course, in true BJ fashion, it has so much juicy, juicy foreshadowing which makes episodes 11 & 12 a massive punch in the gut.

Just watched Episode 6, did not expect that feels trip and that twist at the end is brilliant, the only bit of levity in the entire episode yet so Bojack Horseman.

I know they don't give out Emmys for animated shows but it deserves recognition like the underwater episode. A monologue that held my attention throughout that was able to tell a story and sum up Bojack's relationship with his mother with typical Bojack humour in it. Wonderful stuff.

Princess carolyn wtf
Who/why/ did they change voice actor ? She sounds s**t now

Season 5 was kind of a bummer. Solid but almost definitely passed the point of being a comedy (even with a sex robot) and it didn't feel as creative as it has been in the passed. But it ended on a very poignant note - becoming a better person means taking responsibility. A lot of what I feel like Season 6 could be though is perhaps just what Maron Season 4 was, if perhaps far less forgiving then that show was on Maron (because BoJack is a much worse person and because the further we get into the show, the more I feel like it ends with the realisation that BoJack can't change).

Another quality season, I love the trajectory into darkness that most seasons seem to follow (from 2 onwards at least).

Started season 1 again straight after I finished season 5, wow talk about a gulf in quality. It's too bad more people don't persist beyond the weaker start because it's one of the best shows around these days imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back