Bold Prediction...

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
By the end of the season one D.Bourke will have won us over... Don't get me wrong I am at just as much a loss to understand why we traded for him... but looking at the way he plays (with courage) he will win us over... just like Jason did... remember you heard it here first...

Originally posted by Rooboy 96
By the end of the season one D.Bourke will have won us over... Don't get me wrong I am at just as much a loss to understand why we traded for him... but looking at the way he plays (with courage) he will win us over... just like Jason did... remember you heard it here first...

Please... never mention or compare them in the same post again

I am willing to abuse Bourkey just as much as the next bloke, but look at it this way.

If he was, for example, one of North's rookie listed players, and we all saw him play his first game against Collingwood, he would be hailed as the next "big?" thing. I have the sneaking suspicion that he is a spaz, but as long as he pulls on the jumper, I will give him every opportunity to display his lack of spaziness.

Originally posted by NorthBhoy

If he was, for example, one of North's rookie listed players, and we all saw him play his first game against Collingwood, he would be hailed as the next "big?" thing.

Gotta agree with you there

Could you imagine some of the people on this board if that was one of the kids we drafted in November. They would be calling him the next Carey.

Originally posted by McCartney5

Gotta agree with you there

Could you imagine some of the people on this board if that was one of the kids we drafted in November. They would be calling him the next Carey.

After his first two games, I would have compared his skill level to that of a four year old. He still did some silly things against Collingwood - kicking one goal and taking a couple of chest marks does not make a match, much less a season.

Originally posted by Darky

After his first two games, I would have compared his skill level to that of a four year old. He still did some silly things against Collingwood - kicking one goal and taking a couple of chest marks does not make a match, much less a season.

Agree, it does not make a season, but it aint a bad start and that's all I was saying.

Come the completion of Rd 1 however, it will be likely that I will have out out a contract on him!!

Darky... Just out of curiosity... did you ask for #25 in the fantasy footy or was it given to you...

either way I didn't hear too much complaining...

Requested it, after the jumper has had a disastrous 20 years! Wanted to bring some respect and dignity back to the blue & white 25. :D

BTW, have you noticed how on Bourke:mad:'s jumper the 2 and 5 are about a millimetre apart. Maybe he should have got the #1 because it actually fits on his back.

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
and let me be the one to officially announce Darky's dare for the cocktail party....photo with Bourke and if hes really pissed, challenging him to an arm wrestle MWAAHAHHA why didnt we do this with Calthorpe last year! :D

I reckon it's fair - Bourke :mad: is a *******, and I will be too after about 30 pots.

Originally posted by Darky

I never said it did, but he played pretty well (by his standards) all I am saying is had it been a Rookie a lot of people would be saying he should get a game all year and hailing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was 17 I may well think this boy has the ability to get on the end of some good work up the field, a bit lucky, marks were uncontested and on the chest, skills need some work, has a good leap, still has a lot of work to do but, etc.

But He is In His Mid Twenty's!

DUD

I am prepared to live or die by this prediction... so just remember... you heard it hear first...

His couragous style of play will make you cheer him and eventually win you over... even though he is a dud...

I am prepared to live or die by this prediction... so just remember... you heard it hear first...

His couragous style of play will make you cheer him and eventually win you over... even though he is a dud...

I'm not sure if it's a bold or stupid prediction, but you shouldn't have to die if proven incorrect. Maybe just switch allegiances to Collingwood. You'd probably feel at home at Collingwood making fanciful predictions and hyping up nobodies.:D :D

Anyway I hope your proven correct

Originally posted by DEVO

I'm not sure if it's a bold or stupid prediction, but you shouldn't have to die if proven incorrect. Maybe just switch allegiances to Collingwood. You'd probably feel at home at Collingwood making fanciful predictions and hyping up nobodies.:D :D

Anyway I hope your proven correct

Devo... since when does a player have to be skilled to be loved by the North Melbourne throng... I never said he wasn't a dud... just that his courage on the field will turn us around... look at the Pie game... people started writing nice things about him... after one decent game... mark my words he will win you and most other over by the end of the year...

What's going on here? I keep agreeing with Rooboy 96. Any player who runs on in the blue and white and tries his guts out deserves our admiration. If he continually stuffs up with skill errors, bag the selection commitee.

I've only seen the Collingwood game so far, and it was exactly how Rooboy said. He really put in, he also buggered up a few times. But as long as his determination and selflessness stays at that level, I will be glad to cheer him on.

Devo... since when does a player have to be skilled to be loved by the North Melbourne throng... I never said he wasn't a dud... just that his courage on the field will turn us around... look at the Pie game... people started writing nice things about him... after one decent game... mark my words he will win you and most other over by the end of the year...

What the..???

I didn't comment on Bourke. I directed my comments towards you. Anyway I think you'll find that I'm one of the few shinboners on this board who was willing to give David the benifit of the doubt, at least until mid season.

Originally posted by DEVO

What the..???

I didn't comment on Bourke. I directed my comments towards you. Anyway I think you'll find that I'm one of the few shinboners on this board who was willing to give David the benifit of the doubt, at least until mid season.

Sorry Devo took of on my own little tangent[sp?] as usual...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back