Bomber alegedly on $900k as an assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Costa may have stuck by bomber but cook is a huge reason bomber left the cats.

How so? :confused:

Anyway, what's done is done. This is all last year. Geelong have moved on and are looking forward to the coming season under Chris Scott, and Essendon are doing likewise under Hird.

Come 7.45pm Friday night all this crap will be forgotten.

Anyway, what's done is done. This is all last year. Geelong have moved on and are looking forward to the coming season under Chris Scott, and Essendon are doing likewise under Hird.

Bomber felt cook stuck his nose in football dept business too much. They haven't been on good terms for awhile now.

I've heard the same, bad relationship from 06 not getting any better.

A few war bonds....

Throw in the 2,000 memberships needed to pay for the Rifleman this year and it's an interesting position to take. Still, if you can sell ice to the Eskimos...

900 k per annum to sit in the background and give James Hird some tips......

I dont care who he is, at that salary and with that minimal workload, there will be a lot of temptation for Bomber Thompson to be in cruise control the whole time and not give the Bombers anywhere near value for money......

The office girls will need to be careful if Bomber has too much spare time

I dont care who he is, at that salary and with that minimal workload, there will be a lot of temptation for Bomber Thompson to be in cruise control the whole time and not give the Bombers anywhere near value for money......

You make some strong points..:)

A few war bonds....

Throw in the 2,000 memberships needed to pay for the Rifleman this year and it's an interesting position to take. Still, if you can sell ice to the Eskimos...

Are we talking Bomber here or Sheeds?

Still no complaints.

Record membership and the man in question really wants to be at the club in any capacity.

People have to remember why he left when he did - and the people behind the scenes that caused him to go. Those people are no longer there.

Are we talking Bomber here or Sheeds?

Still no complaints.

Record membership and the man in question really wants to be at the club in any capacity.

People have to remember why he left when he did - and the people behind the scenes that caused him to go. Those people are no longer there.

Sheeds??:confused::confused:

Record membership - well, it'd want to be, eh. Big swing

If you ever make your way past being a warehouse supervisor you might work out that the reverse is usually the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Carlton's annual season kick off percentage booster the previous night isn't of any interest whatsoever ;)

Well, not since Ben Cousins isn't playing this time anyway...

If you ever make your way past being a warehouse supervisor you might work out that the reverse is usually the case.

All care, no responsibility = Bomber Thompson taking the piss and spending his time on real estate projects.

Interesting to see OTC tonight estimated Thompson to be on $600-650k. Who'd have thought that tip-rat Barrett would make up sensationist bullshit? What a ****ing shock :rolleyes:

What makes you think that OTC's estimate is any better than Barrett's?

If your answer is the Essendon FC press release then you really shouldn't be too impressed with the OTC estimate.

If your answer is the Essendon FC press release then you really shouldn't be too impressed with the OTC estimate.

that's the exact point... they are guesses, nothing more. Yet it didn't stop everyone taking Barratt as gospel did it?

Upto a 30% deviation between the guesses. You do the math

What do you estimate Malthouse will be on for 2012? Do you envisage a similar problem for Collingwood?

Cos Barrett's a muppet.

And yes, I am more likely to believe the EFC presser. "Categorically false" is fairly strong terms, they know the amount; Barrett would've phrased it as "it is believed" the contract is "up to"... ie giving himself a couple of out-clauses... and would know (at best) as a 2nd-hand rumour.

Cos Barrett's a muppet.

And yes, I am more likely to believe the EFC presser. "Categorically false" is fairly strong terms, they know the amount; Barrett would've phrased it as "it is believe" the contract is "up to"... ie giving himself a couple of out-clauses...

he didn't actually IIRC, he cataogorically stated that was the figure, and reasserted it when asked by the hosts. It's pure sensationalism

he didn't actually IIRC, he cataogorically stated that was the figure, and reasserted it when asked by the hosts. It's pure sensationalism
Well good on him for putting his balls on the line, but no-one I've spoken to has any idea on the breakdown.
Be very interested to know what sort of source (ie, a Cats person, a Dons person, an ex-Dons person , random AFL person) it came from.

Proof of the pudding...

Well good on him for putting his balls on the line, but no-one I've spoken to has any idea on the breakdown.
Be very interested to know what sort of source (ie, a Cats person, a Dons person, an ex-Dons person , random AFL person) it came from.

Proof of the pudding...

he said sources were not from the club which leaves his friends/family or most likely people close to his management company. The other way I've heard this information leaked out is through bank workers who see their transactions

that's the exact point... they are guesses, nothing more. Yet it didn't stop everyone taking Barratt as gospel did it?

Upto a 30% deviation between the guesses. You do the math

and it didn't stop you from saying Essendon can afford it so there's no problem with it.

We all went a bit early on Barrett's guess.

The point I was making about the OTC estimate is that there is nothing amazing about coming out after a press release that saying Bomber isn't on 900k, and saying that Bomber is on a salary that is less than 900k.

I'm not sure what doing the math between the two guesses achieves though.

The part I liked about the Essendon presser is that it said that at no stage will the club ever discuss player and staff salaries publicly. I thought that was a really strong, professional statement to make.

But we all know footy clubs leak more than just about any other organization type.

Question for Essendon fans: what do you think should be the salaries of Hird and Thompson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back