Bomber article

Remove this Banner Ad

Really didnt say anything most of us havent thought out loud.

I did find this interesting in light of another thread on here

He missed several meetings, was late to other meetings, became flippant and distant in conversations. On one day after a game, he was seen by players asleep in his car, before the club arranged for him to be driven home.

What a load of s**t about 2014. He did a great job in very trying circumstances.

And is Costa still crying about him leaving Geelong? FFS, it was the best move for them all. Reckon 2011 is testament to that.
Did you read the article? He said he did a great job, and that it was probably his best year of coaching considering the circumstances of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what it reinforces is that no matter what goes on behind the four walls that is the AFL - nothing taints you - they won’t help you but nor will anything stick.

The guys obviously had issues for years and yet it’s only now that Barrett wants to give us a timeline of his erratic behaviour. For what purpose - it’s a total waste of space and just another intrusion in someone’s life that is unnecessary.

I think what it reinforces is that no matter what goes on behind the four walls that is the AFL - nothing taints you - they won’t help you but nor will anything stick.

The guys obviously had issues for years and yet it’s only now that Barrett wants to give us a timeline of his erratic behaviour. For what purpose - it’s a total waste of space and just another intrusion in someone’s life that is unnecessary.

If Bomber has obviously had issues for years, then the Bomber Diaries on AFL360 looks an odd decision. They didn't know he was unwell?

The other extreme is turning your back on someone. Fevola has returned to the Footy Show... the same people who egged him on and broadcast his antics, then cut him immediately following the outrage over that vision, and never threw him a days work during his crisis years. Welcome back "mate"

The guy is no longer involved in football in any capacity, this is flat out muck raking.
Hard to know what the point of the article is.

It ends like Barrett wants to be seen as though he is letting Bomber know there are people to help him. And it paints him as a victim of circumstance and dealt poorly by EFC.

But it also digs up a whole lot of unnecessary details of his private life with clickbait (eg 'accessible photos on public social media' - just to make sure everyone knows about it now). Completely hypocritical I reckon.

I remember that rumour about an AFL coach or official being found asleep in his car by one of the players (presumably the worse for wear). I always thought it was someone at North but looks like it was Thompson.

The timing is interesting though. Leads me to believe that some news concerning Thompson is going to come out in the very near future, and the AFL are softening what they feel will be a blow to their reputation by putting out a lengthy article detailing his idiosyncrasies.

It's obvious that purple feeds off misery.
So true.

I like to sink the boots into essendon and much as anyone, but Barrett has this little addictive glint in his eye whenever something half scandalous comes along. He twitches in his seat and stutters like a nervous schoolkid when he’s trying to make the big break that is going to take his career to the next level, at the expense of someone else.

He does feed off misery. He’s a miserable prick. I don’t know how else you can dress it up. He’s the kind of guy you tell your kids not to be like.

So true.

I like to sink the boots into essendon and much as anyone, but Barrett has this little addictive glint in his eye whenever something half scandalous comes along. He twitches in his seat and stutters like a nervous schoolkid when he’s trying to make the big break that is going to take his career to the next level, at the expense of someone else.

He does feed off misery. He’s a miserable prick. I don’t know how else you can dress it up. He’s the kind of guy you tell your kids not to be like.

I agree, but he is not alone either. What was street talk other than mostly making fun of people who were going through hard times.

Hardly, especially given he was recently big news for being linked to dodgy happenings.

Was not charged with anything.
Left EFC voluntarily.
Left GFC voluntarily.

The article is just a series of allegations trying to imply something that the writer does not have the balls to say - because he would lose in court if he said it. Cowardice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back