Bomber Proclaims His Innocence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dank isn't the only one to blame for the governance failings at Essendon. He's the most culpable, but the fault also lies with (in no particular order) Dean Robinson (the weapon), Paul Hamilton and Danny Corcoran. After those four you'd begin looking at the board.
I think you forgot the man who said it was his responsibility initially and then threw everybody else under the bus.

I give you Mr James HIRD! MR RESPONSIBLE!

The important question is, did he sign a consent form to give the interview?

He rang Faine and said he was coming over for the interview. But in the time he did that, and a person turning up on the studio looking just like Bomber, was there a switch? We can't be sure. I'm not satisfied it was him.

And whoever signed the consent form is not taking calls.

He rang Faine and said he was coming over for the interview. But in the time he did that, and a person turning up on the studio looking just like Bomber, was there a switch? We can't be sure. I'm not satisfied it was him.

And whoever signed the consent form is not taking calls.
I think the new security guy there Dean has a photo of the supposed Bomber who rocked up but it is hard to tell as it is a photo of a photo of the security monitor

Robson fell on his sword for good reason, he's a pro & accepted responsibility for the failings as he should have.

The footy dept was not accountable and failed miserably - has Paul Hamilton ever spoken publicly ? That he's on the AFL payroll these days further confuses what role he actually played.

Could not agree more. And yes, I really am an Essendon fan (and member).

It was amateur hour. The governance was rubbish. Any Essendon fan who denies this is delusional.

The reason, however, Essendon fans are so filthy on the governance front is because:

1 - Other clubs and the AFL itself also had governance issues.

2 - The general public, with help from gutter trash media, are blaming the wrong people for said dodgy governance.

I have no problem with the club getting the book thrown at it. Just apply this justice consistently and direct it towards the right parties.

Interesting if true that Hamilton now works for the AFL :)

It was amateur hour. The governance was rubbish. Any Essendon fan who denies this is delusional.

The reason, however, Essendon fans are so filthy on the governance front is because:

2 - The general public, with help from gutter trash media, are blaming the wrong people for said dodgy governance.

I have no problem with the club getting the book thrown at it. Just apply this justice consistently and direct it towards the right parties.

A paul hamilton does
http://aflcentralvic.com.au/AFL-CV/Contact

No one has bothered to get the truth of it all out of anyone. Australian Rules football media in Melbourne is ran by....yep, you guessed it, the AFL. Dude, EFC isn't run by the AFL (if they were they would have accepted theyd been bad boys and taken a token penalty) and EFC have been trying to bury this and hide the truth from day 1. Don't blame the media, or the League, this is EFC's stuff up, wear it.

EFC want their dirty little secrets kept under wraps as much as possible.
Just corrected that[/QUOTE]

When did I say that that the EFC was run by the AFL? Odd thing to say but I think their might be some confusion on your part because I totally ballsed up the quoting in my response to the previous comment. Sorry bout that! :)

The club accepted it had been 'bad boys' and received a penalty in 2013 that was anything but tokenism.

And what 'dirty little secrets' might surface that would further damage the EFC? Let's think about this for a second...

Fined a s**tload of money.
Club champion disgraced.
Failed it's duty of care to the players.
Loss of draft pics.
Suspended from 2013 finals series.
Seen by nearly all and sundry as systematic dopers.

So....what else could come out that would make the club look worse?

Has anybody considered the possibilty that maybe, just maybe, the club didn't dope?

Bury and hide the truth? I'd love the truth to come out.

I think you forgot the man who said it was his responsibility initially and then threw everybody else under the bus.

I give you Mr James HIRD! MR RESPONSIBLE!

Do you think the fact that Hird has since stated that he was strong armed into this is a factor? Also, who did he throw under the bus?

No issue with your points but if the AFL was to throw the book at other clubs, it would be a few clubs competition.

The reason EFC got what it did is because the AFL couldn't hide it. They tried but once the genie was out of the bottle, they lost control of the situation.

Other clubs didn't have a single point of accountability, something that the AFL only began recommending after Essendon screwed up. Of course not all clubs had been able to comply with an AFL recommendation before it was made.

Also note that no other club had HGH, AOD, TB4, and experimental Mexican horse steroids being delivered to their door paid for by the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other clubs didn't have a single point of accountability, something that the AFL only began recommending after Essendon screwed up. Of course not all clubs had been able to comply with an AFL recommendation before it was made.

Also note that no other club had HGH, AOD, TB4, and experimental Mexican horse steroids being delivered to their door paid for by the club.

There were governance issues at other clubs beyond the one particular aspect mentioned.

I would say that no club at all had HGH, TB4 and a Mexican drug. Essendon club certainly had AOD-9604, which was legal at the time. FWIW, it has since been banned.

There were governance issues at other clubs beyond the one particular aspect mentioned.

I would say that no club at all had HGH, TB4 and a Mexican drug. Essendon club certainly had AOD-9604, which was legal at the time. FWIW, it has since been banned.
Yet if Carlton had those drugs invoiced and delivered I have no doubt you'd quickly change your mind

When did I say that that the EFC was run by the AFL? Odd thing to say but I think their might be some confusion on your part because I totally ballsed up the quoting in my response to the previous comment. Sorry bout that! :)

The club accepted it had been 'bad boys' and received a penalty in 2013 that was anything but tokenism.

And what 'dirty little secrets' might surface that would further damage the EFC? Let's think about this for a second...

Fined a s**tload of money.
Club champion disgraced.
Failed it's duty of care to the players.
Loss of draft pics.
Suspended from 2013 finals series.
Seen by nearly all and sundry as systematic dopers.

So....what else could come out that would make the club look worse?

Has anybody considered the possibilty that maybe, just maybe, the club didn't dope?

Bury and hide the truth? I'd love the truth to come out.
When you shred the paper work to cover everyones arse you can blame governance it doesnt have a name .

Suggest you go and read the many times the illegality of AOD-9064 at the time has been discussed in this forum - it was banned and for various reasons ASADA is not (and even can not) prosecute AOD-9064 but this does not mean it was legal....

But can we be sure it was Bomber at that interview?

Haha, yes, quite. Although he kept doing that 'yes, hmmpf' thing at the end of every damn sentence. A posted a while back described it as 'Bomber audibly agreeing with what the voices in his head are saying'. Cruel, but accurate. If it was an imposter they did a terrific job of studying and apeing his mannerisms.

Suggest you go and read the many times the illegality of AOD-9064 at the time has been discussed in this forum - it was banned and for various reasons ASADA is not (and even can not) prosecute AOD-9064 but this does not mean it was legal....

Sorry but that's incorrect.

The ACC report published in Feb 2013 (composed in conjunction with ASADA) states clearly that AOD-9604 was not prohibited.

Suggest you read that file rather than believing what you read in footy forums :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back