News Bomber Thompson Thread - Police investigation - Post wisely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the perception will be far worse than the reality here.

The stigma of the dropped offenses will hang around even as innocent.

Possession is still an issue clearly - but the intent to traffic and distribute is whole different ballgame.

Sad that possession and use is there.

GO Catters

Hard to imagine some random bikie knocking on your door and then you agreeing to let him stay in your house... Clearly had a lot of issues upstairs - hope he can sort himself out.

One has to wonder why a guy as rich as Thompson is living with a bunch of 20 year old men. That is what is weird here.

You can only hope this episode is enough to get the guy straight, you'd expect so.

A lot of it doesn't make sense, so inevitably a perception will be attached to the guy forever. I wouldn't be defending him on a forum or the like with the resulting court decision. Most of us know how these things work.

End of the day, a perception (which is probably truer than not) is better than a jail term.

lol... amazing amount he had there for personal use...
There is much more to this than we know i think it is fair to say, he is a very very lucky individual.
If some stigma is all he gets from this, he has done far better than he could have hoped

I'd assume the police found no evidence to support the trafficing charge. He should have had no reason to traffic. Not like he needed the money to support his habit. Even though the quantities he had were of a trafficable amount. Lucky they didn't find scales, deal bags, text messages and tick lists. Then he would have been going to jail for sure.

Why the hell you would let a bikie dealer live at your house though is beyond me.

I'd assume the police found no evidence to support the trafficing charge. He should have had no reason to traffic. Not like he needed the money to support his habit. Even though the quantities he had were of a trafficable amount. Lucky they didn't find scales, deal bags, text messages and tick lists. Then he would have been going to jail for sure.

Why the hell you would let a bikie dealer live at your house though is beyond me.
As part of his pre-sentencing, Mr Reynolds released 16 pages of reasons for dismissing the drug trafficking charges laid against Thompson.

He conceded Thompson was unable to explain the handwritten notes detailing cash transactions and that “suggestive” items associated with dealing were found in the home, including deal bags, scales, 481 ecstasy pills and 33 grams of ice.

“The evidence in this case gives rise to suspicion that Thompson was trafficking in drugs of dependence. There is his association in unusual circumstances with a proven drug trafficker [Thomas] Windsor,” Mr Reynolds said.

Also, the large number or pills and significant weight of the methylamphetamine found.

“I am not satisfied on the whole of the evidence that Thompson intended to sell either drug,”

It’s unclear whether the Office of Public Prosecutions will appeal the magistrate’s decision to dismiss drug trafficking charges despite 44 times the traffickable amount of ecstasy being found inside Thompson’s home.

Methamphetamine weighing 33 grams was also found inside the Rouse Street home – 11 times the amount needed to reach a traffickable quantity under state legislation.

There was no dispute over what was found inside the property, but Thompson claimed all the drugs belonged to his housemate Thomas Windsor.

As part of his pre-sentencing, Mr Reynolds released 16 pages of reasons for dismissing the drug trafficking charges laid against Thompson.

He conceded Thompson was unable to explain the handwritten notes detailing cash transactions and that “suggestive” items associated with dealing were found in the home, including deal bags, scales, 481 ecstasy pills and 33 grams of ice.

“The evidence in this case gives rise to suspicion that Thompson was trafficking in drugs of dependence. There is his association in unusual circumstances with a proven drug trafficker [Thomas] Windsor,” Mr Reynolds said.

Also, the large number or pills and significant weight of the methylamphetamine found.

“I am not satisfied on the whole of the evidence that Thompson intended to sell either drug,”

It’s unclear whether the Office of Public Prosecutions will appeal the magistrate’s decision to dismiss drug trafficking charges despite 44 times the traffickable amount of ecstasy being found inside Thompson’s home.

Methamphetamine weighing 33 grams was also found inside the Rouse Street home – 11 times the amount needed to reach a traffickable quantity under state legislation.

There was no dispute over what was found inside the property, but Thompson claimed all the drugs belonged to his housemate Thomas Windsor.
Well i got that wrong then. Maybe he was. But for the life of me can’t figure out wtf he would. He had everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Looking for thrills maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i got that wrong then. Maybe he was. But for the life of me can’t figure out wtf he would. He had everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Looking for thrills maybe?

I think he's someone that craves challenge, risk, etc. and it's not easy to find those on the same sort of level that footy can offer them at.

Pretty sure he invested in Bitcoin for a similar reason, looking for the challenge/new worlds to conquer.

Someone needs to get him hooked on DotA or LoL, he'll never touch a drug again.

After reading that - you can understand why the police must at times feel like banging their head into a brick wall in pure frustration - they must say - why do we bother catching these blokes

Got no sympathy for Thompson whatsoever - however if he came out and offered a full public apology - along the lines of - im ashamed of my behavour and i take full responsibility for it - then people have a tendency to forgive

But he wont do that - i will bet London to a brick on - that he comes out with - those boys at Essendon - that affected my head - that bloke is full of excuses

I hope the Public Prosecutor appeals the decision

From a football perspective - Geelong are very very fortunate - that they appointed Neil Balme when they did

After reading that - you can understand why the police must at times feel like banging their head into a brick wall in pure frustration - they must say - why do we bother catching these blokes

Got no sympathy for Thompson whatsoever - however if he came out and offered a full public apology - along the lines of - im ashamed of my behavour and i take full responsibility for it - then people have a tendency to forgive

But he wont do that - i will bet London to a brick on - that he comes out with - those boys at Essendon - that affected my head - that bloke is full of excuses

I hope the Public Prosecutor appeals the decision

From a football perspective - Geelong are very very fortunate - that they appointed Neil Balme when they did
He certainly would of said that. As if a lawyer is not going to play that card.
They would never get hired again.
It's hard to want the book thrown at him though for minor drug offenses or even minor trafficking offenses when Justin Murphy got only 6 months for burning his girlfriends finger off with a blowtorch.

He certainly would of said that. As if a lawyer is not going to play that card.
They would never get hired again.
It's hard to want the book thrown at him though for minor drug offenses or even minor trafficking offenses when Justin Murphy got only 6 months for burning his girlfriends finger off with a blowtorch.

He did what? Bloody hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah man 6 months! Something like 20 chargers of threatening to kill her, assaulting her, breaking into her house and then finally torturing her with a blowtorch.
6 months!

Unbelievable. I bet you she’s got a life of trauma from here on in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lol... amazing amount he had there for personal use...
There is much more to this than we know i think it is fair to say, he is a very very lucky individual.
If some stigma is all he gets from this, he has done far better than he could have hoped
As things stand he is now the possessor of a criminal record. So it's more than "some stigma"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back