FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
I am still baffled at how easily Bomber has escaped scrutiny through all of this.

Let's break it down.

Bomber employs The Weapon at Geelong- Geelong players all of a sudden become muscle men and dwarf the average AFL player in muscle mass.

Bomber quits Cats and returns to mentor Albert at Dons.

His main focus is getting the squad 'fitness' up to AFL standard.

Brings in The Weapon who brings in his mate Dank(s).

One could assume that Malcolm Blight and Bomber have a relationship of sorts- so he would be well aware of what transpired at Gold Coast with Dank and Bock, et al.

Bomber says he told club chiefs he thought the program was dodgy.

Bomber escapes with $20k fine and ends up coaching the club during Alberts sabbatical.

How the bloody hell has this bloke escaped without further scrutiny??

Perhaps, like his good mate Dean wallis, he has some photos we ahven't sene yet?

I am shocked to be sitting here writing this.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am still baffled at how easily Bomber has escaped scrutiny through all of this.

Let's break it down.

Bomber employs The Weapon at Geelong- Geelong players all of a sudden become muscle men and dwarf the average AFL player in muscle mass.

One could assume that Malcolm Blight and Bomber have a relationship of sorts- so he would be well aware of what transpired at Gold Coast with Dank and Bock, et al.

Bomber escapes with $20k fine and ends up coaching the club during Alberts sabbatical.

Perhaps, like his good mate Dean wallis, he has some photos we ahven't sene yet?

*Geelong Cats 07, 09, 11

NoAFLinmycomp

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Central District
Had to dig around to find a "Bomber" thread to post in ... he has been staying out of the limelight!

Looks like Bomber Thompson is back on the speak-easy circuit.
Anyone want to come over and join me at The Ponderosa, in April?

Of course any coinage spent whilst there goes to a needy, SANFL club!! :)

resizedimage423600-Bomber-Thompson-Poster.jpg

Last edited:

Dugdale2Dwyer

Premiership Player
May 31, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His behaviour on AFL360 during the saga was very strange, if you were a cop interviewing a murder suspect, he would be high on the list, might not have killed the guy but he seen who dunnit.

andrewb

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmmmph nothing to see here hmmmpfh.

It was all the reckless actions of a first year coach with no prior coaching experience.

Thompson didn't inject anyone

Had to dig around to find a "Bomber" thread to post in ... he has been staying out of the limelight!

Looks like Bomber Thompson is back on the speak-easy circuit.
Anyone want to come over and join me at The Ponderosa, in April?

Of course any coinage spent whilst there goes to a needy, SANFL club!! :)

View attachment 224147

That is probably the worst graphic design I've seen outside of restaurant menus in Asia.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Let's break it down.

Perhaps because unlike everyone else on the EFC side, he has one consistent story and has stuck to it ie he tried several times to get the program shut down. The rest have flipped and flopped in the wind.....

Don't forget that Robinson and possibly Dank were employed by the AFL post Geelong and prior to Essendon.

Bomba was on a similar page to Doc Reid and as such refused to pay his fine. Reid successfully had the sanctions imposed on him removed. I suspect the club looked after Bomba's fine.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
You're right. They should have used this picture instead:
69099_29d577cbd984738b9c912a62970cf21a.png

One of the most enjoyable games I have watched, it had:

Us flogging the Eagles by 100+ points at their home ground

A deadly silent WA crowd; and

Our coach kicking back eating a sandwich in the fourth.

In hindsight he should have had a beer as well.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't forget that Robinson and possibly Dank were employed by the AFL post Geelong and prior to Essendon.

Bomba was on a similar page to Doc Reid and as such refused to pay his fine. Reid successfully had the sanctions imposed on him removed. I suspect the club looked after Bomba's fine.

"Possibly" employed. Nice example of EFC style misinformation. Was he employed or not? You've had three plus years to find out.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Weirdly enough as much as I love stirring Cats posters I'd be devastated if there was something untoward going on at the Cattery - and without any evidence to suggest there was something dodgy going on Ill assume there wasn't

The Hawthorn/Geelong rivalry has been wonderful for the game so to tarnish that would piss me off no end.

"Possibly" employed. Nice example of EFC style misinformation. Was he employed or not? You've had three plus years to find out.
Robinson was certainly employed by the AFL at the Gold Coast start-up and Dank was possibly employed or at least used given Bock and his positive sample for a performance enhancing drug that seemed to receive little publicity.

Pesky facts.

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of the most enjoyable games I have watched, it had:

Us flogging the Eagles by 100+ points at their home ground

A deadly silent WA crowd; and

Our coach kicking back eating a sandwich in the fourth.

In hindsight he should have had a beer as well.
The silent crowd would have been due to all the WC fans leaving at quarter time

Read my post carefully and you will find that it has been answered in the context of the OP. Maybe Gold Coast should be more thoroughly investigated as after all, they did have a positive test for banned performance enhancing drugs which seems to have been swept under the carpet and no, that had nothing to do with Bomba Thompson.
It should be a fairly simple fact for you to determine, was he employed or not?

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Read my post carefully and you will find that it has been answered in the context of the OP. Maybe Gold Coast should be more thoroughly investigated as after all, they did have a positive test for banned performance enhancing drugs which seems to have been swept under the carpet and no, that had nothing to do with Bomba Thompson.

It's a simple question why are you not able to answer it? Was he employed or not?

It's a simple question why are you not able to answer it? Was he employed or not?
What are you talking about? Read my post, I answered your question or do you struggle with reading and comprehension? Bomba Thompson was not employed at Gold Coast but Dean Robinson was. Steven Dank and Robinson worked together at Gold Coast before working together at Essendon. There was a positive sample for a banned substance at GC. Pretty hard to put that on Bomba Thompson.

Back