Bomber Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you are trying to find something that isn't there. FastLane was actually offering something pertinent regarding sticking to a story. Ron Iddles (Vicpol Homicide Squad) often stated "Beware the witness whose memory improves with the passage of time". I'm glad Bomber remembered it was an A3 Excel Spreadsheet after a passage of time.
You police officer cliche is great but normally you need evidence for a conviction as I am sure Ron would confirm for you. He might also be able to put said quote into context. The person who started this thread suggested that Bomba and by extension the successfull Geelong football team that he was in charge of deserved more scrutiny. The evidence being how awesome they were and the fact that Robinson worked there at some point. Call me crazy but that isn't enough for me... Essendon were clearly up to no good and I can't speak for Bomba's involvement in that but what does deserve more scrutiny is the GC football club given the positive test result that has been buried as well as the fact that Travis Auld and Robinson were being payed by the AFL.

Stasi interrogators determined that prisoners who kept to the same story- especially under duress of torture- were lying.
A 'normal' person will change their story in various small ways when tortured.

A liar will keep repeating the same thing.

Where there is coke, there is fire
Let me know when Bomber keeps to ther same story under torture.

I particularly liked it when he tried to throw in that he'd seen the spread sheet, "it was an A4, no no A3 piece of paper with thymomodulin written across the top". Talk about Laugh!

Why did he say that?

I posted here a while back prior to Hird getting the chop, Bomber was out to get him. Thompson kept on bringing up old rubbish like that all the time. He kept on repeating rubbish Hird had claimed as if it was gospel. Long after Hird had said it, and I'm thinking long after Hird wanted it repeated.

Do you remember Bomber "defending" Hird in the months before Hird resigned?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ompson-drowning-comments-20150809-giv62i.html

Soon after the HS publishes a story on Bomber's Cats that was a huge beat-up. Remember that? Behind the scenes there was a lot going on between Bomber and Hird. A lot of bad blood. Bomber went to see Hird the night he resigned, and Hird was not in a good mood about him turning up. Now that is mean: going around there trying to put your arm around him and console, but really, you just want to be there on the day he crashes. That's what I reckon. I doubt Bomber and Hird are talking nowadays.

Why did he say that?

I posted here a while back prior to Hird getting the chop, Bomber was out to get him. Thompson kept on bringing up old rubbish like that all the time. He kept on repeating rubbish Hird had claimed as if it was gospel. Long after Hird had said it, and I'm thinking long after Hird wanted it repeated.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ompson-drowning-comments-20150809-giv62i.html

Soon after the HS publishes a story on Bomber's Cats that was a huge beat-up. Remember that? Behind the scenes there was a lot going on between Bomber and Hird. A lot of bad blood. Bomber went to see Hird the night he resigned, and Hird was not in a good mood about him turning up. Now that is mean: going around there trying to put your arm around him and console, but really, you just want to be there on the day he crashes. That's what I reckon. I doubt Bomber and Hird are talking nowadays.
I reckon the issues between Hird and Bomba stem from just prior to the fateful B & F where Hird was asked not to attend and Bomba made comments alluding to the fact that he would be coaching the following year (I believe he was instructed by the board that the job was his only for the board to renege after Bomba's comments at the Crichton and Hird threatening legal action once he got wind of the manoeuvres).
Then came rumours of substance abuse and odd behaviour through the AFL mouthpiece Caroline Wilson when he was in the running for the GC job once it was clear that he would not be back at the bombers in the role he wanted.

Why did he say that?

Or.. It could just be he's a picnic short of a sandwich.

well you don't need to worry I wouldn't have thought. S0 wasn't invented until 2011 so Bomber and the Wep could have been randomly jabbing every Cats player on the list with their special sauce and it wouldn't matter.

Personally I have absolutely zero doubt the Cats were on the peptides but back then they weren't doing anything wrong *shrugs*

"Like boys against men" - Dean Laidley on the 2007 Qualifying Final. After North had beaten Geelong in Rd3 at Kardinia Park in what we are told sparked them into action.

I reckon the issues between Hird and Bomba stem from just prior to the fateful B & F where Hird was asked not to attend and Bomba made comments alluding to the fact that he would be coaching the following year (I believe he was instructed by the board that the job was his only for the board to renege after Bomba's comments at the Crichton and Hird threatening legal action once he got wind of the manoeuvres).
Then came rumours of substance abuse and odd behaviour through the AFL mouthpiece Caroline Wilson when he was in the running for the GC job once it was clear that he would not be back at the bombers in the role he wanted.
This is accurate (IMHO). Knowing influential people at Essendon (major sponsors) this is the story they have told me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Bock tested positive to CJC. To test positive one has to be tested within 30 minutes of being injected. That is almost impossible.
One can test positive to unusually high hGH though (the effect of CJC) but the testers won't know which secretagogue was used.

Or.. It could just be he's a picnic short of a sandwich.
Maybe. But his "picnic short of a sandwich" schtick was all in one direction. And I can recall the attacks on Bomber by Robbo and Goddard. Two of Hird's attack dogs at the time.

Bomber's routine was: say something outrageous which undermines/embarrasses Hird and puts a wedge between Hird and the club. When a Hird media fan attacks him on it, strenuously deny and agree with the commentator enthusiastically stating how loyal he is to Hird. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe. But his "picnic short of a sandwich" schtick was all in one direction. And I can recall the attacks on Bomber by Robbo and Goddard. Two of Hird's attack dogs at the time.

Bomber's routine was: say something outrageous which undermines/embarrasses Hird and puts a wedge between Hird and the club. When a Hird media fan attacks him on it, strenuously deny and agree with the commentator enthusiastically stating how loyal he is to Hird. Rinse and repeat.
Maybe you are right. Maybe he outsmarted everyone with his dumber than dog doo doo act. I'm not convinced.

I don't think Bock tested positive to CJC. To test positive one has to be tested within 30 minutes of being injected. That is almost impossible.
One can test positive to unusually high hGH though (the effect of CJC) but the testers won't know which secretagogue was used.
Regardless, it has been swept under the carpet.
This is accurate (IMHO). Knowing influential people at Essendon (major sponsors) this is the story they have told me.
He was openly coveting the role despite Hird being due back. I have no doubt in my mind the comments would not have been made had the club not given Bomba an assurance that the job would be his. I am also quite certain that James Hird threatened legal action to keep his job, essentially putting himself before the wishes of the club.

Well no, not regardless. You claim he tested positive. He didn't. He was just another player caught up in the Dank web. Perhaps it's due to the fact that Bock played only 4 games early in 2012, and 2 games late in 2013 and then retired? Perhaps if he'd been playing every game and a key player for the Suns, they may have taken more notice?

He was openly coveting the role despite Hird being due back. I have no doubt in my mind the comments would not have been made had the club not given Bomba an assurance that the job would be his. I am also quite certain that James Hird threatened legal action to keep his job, essentially putting himself before the wishes of the club.
I agree with your premise that the AFL have protected GC. I also do not think Geelong have much to answer for as there is zero evidence against them. Lance is probably right though. What was used in those days was probably not banned at the time so they may have been fortunate to be "on the edge" but not over. If so, good luck to them.
There is little doubt that Hird held the club to ransom. I heard he personally threatened each board member with litigation if he was dismissed as coach. Again, this is from someone who personally knows members of the board.

Geelong players all of a sudden become muscle men and dwarf the average AFL player in muscle mass.
All of a sudden? You do realise Bomber started at Geelong in 2000, they played finals in 2004 and 2005?

"Like boys against men" - Dean Laidley on the 2007 Qualifying Final. After North had beaten Geelong in Rd3 at Kardinia Park in what we are told sparked them into action.
:D

I just checked footywire stats from 2007 on the NM/Geelong matches. Geelong players were about the same. Put on 0.1 Kilo. Wow!

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=2949
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=3090

If anything, on average NM were about a kilo heavier in the final. Say, what were you guys up to at Arden St in 2007? :eek:

Geelong's gameplan changed dramatically after R5 in 2007. Bomber just gave up on his defensive gameplan. They played much more attacking, and it suited the players to a tee. They took off from there. Most ppl know this history.

I just checked footywire stats from 2007 on the NM/Geelong matches. Geelong players were about the same. Put on 0.1 Kilo. Wow!

If anything, on average NM were about a kilo heavier in the final. Say, what were you guys up to at Arden St in 2007? :eek:

Geelong's gameplan changed dramatically after R5 in 2007. Bomber just gave up on his defensive gameplan. They played much more attacking, and it suited the players to a tee. They took off from there. Most ppl know this history.
And the other thing overlooked by the conspiracy theorists is that North played favourite son, Glenn Archer, in the QF. Geelong unashamedly exploited this to the maximum. Archer was well and truly cooked, and was completely beaten. I watched the game on Foxtel a few months back and could not believe just how bad Archer was in that game.

The fact that Weapon was on the phone to Danksy every day that year has nothing to do with it.

It was Archer's fault. FWIW I'm with Lance, it wasn't banned then, play on.

In fact, I'm 100 per cent sure North are using stuff now, just stuff not banned and not doing it team wide.

The speed and ferocity at which cats fans jump on the defensive is hilarious.

dude, I know people like TerryWallet will laugh at me having a go at you for gatekeeping but what the hell. You don't have to be so defensive about it. The Wep and Dank's daily calls were not likely to be about how much whey powder to put in the water bottles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back