AFL Toast Bombers by 35 against the Giants!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing to do with when the ball goes into our defence, many times today it got banged into our defence and we held on, usually we give up goals too easily when that happens. Every defender is playing better since hurly went out...
No ******* way. You're so wrong it's not funny.

If you think the turnaround in "defence" is due to Hurley's absence then I don't know what to tell you, except get a ******* clue

No thanks Hurley is a defender. We already tried that forward experiment with him.
Stewart will come good.

Yeah nah Hurley was great up forward. Expectations were too high in regards to goal tallies, as it was on the precipice of a changing forward game where massive bags were a thing of the past and people didn’t realise it yet. The lack of other options left too much for him to do to meet expectations.

His ability to create a contest and hit up at the ball carrier was far better than any forward we currently have. Would have averaged 10-12 score involvements a game.

Yeah nah Hurley was great up forward. Expectations were too high in regards to goal tallies, as it was on the precipice of a changing forward game where massive bags were a thing of the past and the lack of other options left too much to him.

His ability to create a contest and hit up at the ball carrier was far better than any forward we currently have. Would have averaged 10-12 score involvements a game.

Lets agree to disagree because you and I remember his time up forward pretty differently. I regard him as ok up forward at best. Couldnt mark and misjudged the ball time and time again. Stewart is a far more natural and superior forward to Hurley. They are both having minor form slumps even though Stewart was very good early in the season there is zero need to change anything.

Also, a couple of Conor's mates from Ireland were sitting in my bay. At the end of the game they called him over and one of them hopped the fence onto the ground to get a photo with him. Was funny to see Conor saying "No no no no" to him. Security didn't do anything though...

Lets agree to disagree because you and I remember his time up forward pretty differently. I regard him as ok up forward at best. Couldnt mark and misjudged the ball time and time again. Stewart is a far more natural and superior forward to Hurley. They are both having minor form slumps even though Stewart was very good early in the season there is zero need to change anything.

Hurley’s stats were slightly better than Stewart’s currently. In regards to inability to mark he averaged more marks, including marks inside 50. He was also double teamed a fair bit which Stewart hasn’t really experienced and our ball movement wasn’t as good as it is now.

A big issue for him was getting injured and then struggling the week or two after return, before finding form in time to get injured again. Which certainly gave a stunted reflection statistically as to what he was capable of. Averaging only 16 games a year during those years.

Him competing was related to his injuries for sure, and that’s a valid argument against it. The question for mine is whether or not a more mature body would experience the same misfortune and subsequent inconsistency.

I love SMACK.
Remember when he arrived?
Kept getting reported in the two's!
Teams thought they might test him. He doesn't take s**t and paid with suspensions.
I reckon players know it and think twice. NO PRISONER approach.
HE has PRESENCE and love the way he celebrates with definite aggression.
Looked like all players had that Johnny Worsfold aggression tonight!
YESSSSS!!!!!!!
AT LAST!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBC beat Ryder and Mumford last year.
He is one of our best and is underrated.
Strong and good at his game.
No ruck gets the better of him and certainly doesn't push him around.

The whole team is playing better and it has nothing to do with Hurley being out. Thats like saying we are better off without Daniher. Its simply not true.
Hurley’s Defence and intercept is all Australian.
But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worsfold et al made him the quarterback and distributer from the back half.
He’s slow in deciding...
then he’ll kick it on the full...
Or a short chip to a one on one...

Send hurls back to playing one on one against on J Riewoldt or similar.
Hooker on the number 2 forward

Surprisingly, we have skilled half back flankers that can run and carry and can hit targets.

Tonight was the perfect example where quick movement of the ball enabled our forwards to find space.

And yes I have had a couple of drinks but I stand by my comments/rant

How many times tonight did you see our Kpd play as our quarterback? Answer: 0

I assume previously that was a Neeld masterstroke.
Let’s slow the play down so the op can lock it in. Great idea *stick neeld

No ******* way. You're so wrong it's not funny.

If you think the turnaround in "defence" is due to Hurley's absence then I don't know what to tell you, except get a ******* clue
Exactly. It should be very clear the difference between the last two weeks and previous rounds.

We have won our fair share of centre clearances and, just as importantly, when the other side wins them they aren't just running it out of there with no pressure.

Myers was winning clearances for us and every one he got was worthless. The last two weeks we have got clean ball from the centre of the ground.

We were always going to get better (OK we had some doubts) but that Carlton game could prove very costly.

Didn't see any of the game (Parents held the TV until 9 by which time I needed to sleep to get up this early) but sounds like a really pleasing game. How did the Riddler go?

Reckon Stewart may be the one in danger of Daniher's return, he hasn't had as much of an impact these past couple of weeks as he did at the start of the year.
Stewart's opponent was getting into his head all game long and seemed to affect Stewart big time. Part that was pleasing was that Stewart fought back and got a critical goal and contested everything that came his way.

No thanks Hurley is a defender. We already tried that forward experiment with him.
Stewart will come good.
Hurley was not playing well pre injury. He appeared to be very slow to work out where to kick the ball to.

Perhaps he was confused by the game plan which appears to have been tweaked post Neeld leaving.

There was lots of the 2017 game plan in this win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back