News Bombers eSports - Licence sold to Pentanet.GG - 2/11

Mercurial89

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It's attracting big sporting corporation these days - The owners of Arsenal have a team in LA, the patriots Owners have Boston, The Mets COO owns the New York team and the Philadelphia Flyers owners have a Philadelphia team. They each paid $20 million to be involved in the start up of the league.

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/22386533/overwatch-league-expansion-face-serious-stumbling-blocks-overseas

It's insane the numbers being thrown around. It's all because of the target viewership - mostly young males between 12 and 30. That's the dream target market for a lot of big advertisers. If it wasn't such a huge amount I'd want Essendon to try to get into the Overwatch league as well - there's no teams based in Australia yet and we're a great time zone for East Asian viewership, which is a massive esports market, especially China. The potential rewards would be huge.
Cheers for the info.
Like i said i was interested a few years ago and paid attention to some of it when games i liked featured i had no idea Overwatch was that big money wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noooch

Draftee
Nov 21, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
So from the ladder I take it we have to work up a rage for those absolute rats like 'Legacy ESports' and 'Dire Wolves'.

Legacy Esportse and Dire Wolvese more like it. **** Dire Wolvese.
Well Legacy is owned by Adelaide FC so I guess there would already be some form of rivalry there.

Top Bottom