Club Mgmt. Bombers eSports - Licence sold to Pentanet.GG - 2/11

Bizarre. That headline just looks like random words put together. Had to read the article for it to make sense.

Yeah, its all a big buzz at the moment after it occurred.
I don't play Fortnight but a lot of the streamers/You tubers that cover games I do play have been going on about it.

If it is the same streamer I think it was I used to watch him play halo years ago.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Wtf is with that article discussing them like they are actual athletes. My god I hate e"Sports".

I get why the club is doing this from a commercial perspective but the players literally sit on their asses for weeks and months on end playing video games. They aren't ******* athletes.

Elite thumb skills rarely get the respect they deserve.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
BtzuEL_CAAEK2yD.jpg

Ozzie93

All Australian
Feb 3, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
EFC needs to get into CSGO and invest in a team overseas. It will give them more exposure as a brand and it will be great watching a team that doesn't suck. The Aus scene for esports here is s**t and will continue that way for a while. Not really worth investing in, imo.

For those that don't know what CSGO is, its Counter-Strike Global Offensive. I'm sure some of you old campaigners on here will know what CS is, in its former iterations (1.0, 1.3, 1.6, source etc).

More in depth about the game, for the people who have no clue -

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
EFC needs to get into CSGO and invest in a team overseas. It will give them more exposure as a brand and it will be great watching a team that doesn't suck. The Aus scene for esports here is s**t and will continue that way for a while. Not really worth investing in, imo.

For those that don't know what CSGO is, its Counter-Strike Global Offensive. I'm sure some of you old campaigners on here will know what CS is, in its former iterations (1.0, 1.3, 1.6, source etc).

More in depth about the game, for the people who have no clue -

I played source against Mitch Robinson and he was ******* s**t.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Haha so did I!

Under his handle saba

I actually employed him briefly as an eSports journo for GotGames and CGS (going back 8-10 years ago)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep Saba! I remember him telling us all in a server when he got drafted. It was pretty cool actually

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
Interesting comparison with the footy team, based on that article (i.e. I haven't followed the eSports team at all).

eSports:
  • Struggled in the first half of the year.
  • Turned it around in the second half of the year and look quite competent.
  • Everyone delisted.
AFL team:
  • Struggled in the first half of the year.
  • Turned it around in the second half of the year and look quite competent.
  • Expecting finals in 2019!

Back