Bombers inintiate talks for White..

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by melbournemartin
i think stevens is worth more than solomon

no matter wat type of midfielder he his and wat we need he is still better than solomon

Obviously Stevens is better than Solomon, I'm not arguing that. You wouldn't give up as much to get Solomon as you would for Stevens, but I think you'd be more interested in Solomon than in Stevens, simply because you've already got Stevens type players but not Solomon type players. Sure, you've got half back flankers. But you don't have someone who intimidates the opposition, crashes a pack, and gets through heavy traffic like Solomon. That's the value of Solomon.

Originally posted by melbournemartin
ok maybe stevens aint the best available

jacobs, solomon, 28 for white and 20

that aint bad

i think that if we aint trading 5 for stevens then we need to keep picks 3 and 5

That deal isn't bad, but we'd want a little more. A fourth round pick, perhaps. But I don't think we'll want White, he'll cost us too much.

I think if we can't get your #5 pick, we won't trade Solomon to you.

yeh well what do u think of solomon, jacobs and 28 for white and 20?

i dont think essendon will be too worried about offloading jacobs to free up some salary cap pressure

perhaps if white isnt as appealing then pick #5 and maybe pick #20 instead of white and pick #20

Originally posted by Addam18
WHOZ POSTING BULL**** NOW D|CKHEAD

The guy who's typing solely in capitals, with "z" and on the end of words to make him sound that tad bit more "Xtreme" and using computer type to make himself sound like a R33L 3L33T3 HAXOR D00D!~!LOL2002!

Why? Who did you think?

I'm not that keen on Jacobs but Solomon is just what we need.

Solomon for White straight up is fair and would benefit both sides.

If you want pick 5 I'd be asking for Solomon + Jacobs or Solomon + Shane Harvey at the very least.

If you're after pick 5 AND White give us Solomon, Jacobs and pick 13 and you have a deal.

I don't want stevens, and i want to keep picks 3 and 5. and Jeff White.

Jeff White when on song is in the top three ruckmen in the league. I thought he was pretty good last year, just had an ordinary one this year. If we had to trade him how about...

White plus pick 20 for Solomon and pick 13, I know you dons fans wouldn't like that but I think White would be a lot more valuable to your team than Solomon.

White plus pick 20 for Solomon and pick 13, I know you dons fans wouldn't like that but I think White would be a lot more valuable to your team than Solomon.

A core of tough nuts is invaluble..we lose solly then who have we got...JJ and MJ..barney has retired and wallis a couple of years ago and hardwick traded. Look at the lions and see how many enforces they have. We lose solly then we end up like essendon in the mid nineties...soft...no thanks we will keep solly you can have white

Originally posted by marcuz
no thanks...you can keep pick 5 and white
Exactly. These Melbourne clowns seem to be overrating their sides' players who did **** all this year and finished 14th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by bozza
Exactly. These Melbourne clowns seem to be overrating their sides' players who did **** all this year and finished 14th

Hey it is definately true some of my fellow Demon supporters overrate some of our list but Jeff White was having a pretty good year until he did his knee against West Coast then the shin problems so i wouldnt say they are overrating him.

Hey it is definately true some of my fellow Demon supporters overrate some of our list but Jeff White was having a pretty good year until he did his knee against West Coast then the shin problems so i wouldnt say they are overrating him.

Much like his career...promising and injury riddled...too much of a gamble unless your on the cusp of a flag and we aren't......not yet anyway

How about White,pick5,McDonald and Walsh or Wheatley for Solomon,Jacobs,Bolton and pick13?

Get a clue bombers fans,
Solomon and Jacobs are flankers, that is essentially why Essendon won't ante up the cash for Solomon. Jacobs has nothing like that trade value, he another Jason Cloke who plays off his man, sweeps, and relies on his opponent to lead him to the ball. Your football departments know this.

White is still a gun ruckman, so he had a poor year, you underestimate his talent and VALUE.

You may want him, but he will cost a lot, and any hope of getting pick 3 or 5 as well is just adolescent fantasy.

i will gladly keep pick 5 and WHite.

Much prefer a dominant ruckman and one of the best kids in the country, than jacobs and solomon

they are solid players, but they dont set the world on fire

Thank you Crow-mosone. Finally someone with some idea.
3 Facts:
1. Ruckman with any kind of talent are worth more trade-wise than flankers like soloman. No ifs, no buts.
2. Melbourne traded Woey away last year because of salary cap problems. Even though they need a tough player, Melbourne WILL NOT pick up Soloman this year if he is asking for anything over $250,000-$300,000 (which the Bombers were offering him) and a 4 year deal. Those terms are absolutely ridiculous and Essendon were correct not to match them.
4. White will not be traded unless a trade is offered that we can't knock back, ie clearly favouring us. ND has already said he is a required player (sometimes not reliable indicator as to whether or not traded tho) and IMO when fit he is the BEST ruckman in the league (Gardner possibly better but it would be very close).

None of these trades will happen. I think most of you need to go to God and ask for some common sense because it is really lacking in this thread.

we have excess back flankers

maybe walsh and ward for solomon? 2 good and improving back flankers for solly

jsut because walsh and ward look old they are relativly young just a think that happens to red heads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back