Media Bombers Legend plays his 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 730786

Good folk of the SFA,

It is on occasions like this when the 'thrust and parry' of match thread banter takes a back seat as teammates, opponents, friends and foe put aside their differences and put away the 'tribalistic chest beating' to recognise a magnificent achievement by one of the legends of the SFA.

I speak of League and Bomber Legend, beez who plays his 300th game this week against the Furies.

View attachment 730775

beez was my first Captain at the Bombers and led the club with distinction in S.15 and again for a second spell in S.21 and S.22. A five time All-SFA representative, beez won the League's MVP in S.15, won a Best and fairest in S.19 but most importantly, his service to the SFA was recognised when inducted in the SFA Hall of Fame in S.22. The former skipper took a step back from the SFA in recent seasons, but thankfully, for the Bombers and the wider SFA community, he has found the passion to post again this season.

The League is truly a better place for it.

What beez has brought to the SFA transcends mere stats. But for those interested, beez's record stands the test of time; (up to S.27)

Mobbenfuhrer Medal Votes 29
3x Premiership Player - (S14, 23, 24)
All SFA Selections (S14, 15, 20, 21, 22)
Sweet F.A Players Association - MVP (S15)
Sweet F.A Hall of Fame (S22)
Inaugural Baghdad Bombers Hall of Fame member (S.26)
Baghdad Bombers Captain (S15, 21-22)
Baghdad Bombers Best and Fairest (S19)
Win/Loss/Draw Record - 146 Wins, 146 Losses, 4 Draws
On 70 occasions beez has racked up 20 or more Disposals
On 12 occasions beez has racked up 100 or more Dream Team Points
Highest Disposals: 35 Disposals - Season 16, Round 5 - vs. Dragons FFC
Highest Goals: 6 Goals - 2x Season 21, Rounds 6 & 7
Highest Dream Team Points: 145 - Season 20, Round 14 - vs. Roys FFC
As a mark of respect for this great SFA servant, the Bombers will be running out in the first jumper beez wore;

View attachment 730781

Below is the S.15 Bombers squad that beez skippered;

View attachment 730780

There is no greater recognition in the SFA than having an award named in your honour. Such was the impact he had on the League, the award that many rate to be the most coveted in the SFA, The beez Medal for the best poster rated by their peers was named after him.

pantskyle said this about beez;

'When I first joined the league beez was probably the first poster to attack me, from that moment I was in love. Smart, witty, crafty, these are three things we have in common. Already well respected upon my arrival in the league his status only grew. 300 games is a huge achievement, and although at one point it seemed beez was lost to us all he being able to bring up this milestone whilst still being here cracking the whip when it suits just adds to the glamour of the whole thing. I genuinely give a fu** about his opinion because it's one of a few I respect in this league. beez speaks, you listen, got it? So for this moment I salute you beez and congratulations on 300 games. RIP mate.'

okeydoke7 said;

'Beez is an enigma. For someone affectionately referred to as a grammar nazi early in his career, it was always strange to me that he didn’t capitalise his username. I did anyway. It was a sentence starter.

I am reminded that beez was one of the top quality posters in a golden age of the Sweet FA. Funny, always on topic, and the creator of controversy.

The controversy was sometimes based on others, and sometimes on himself. Think of the overrated, overhyped book ‘The Subtle Art of not Giving a F*ck’ and remove the ‘subtle’. He could get fired up. It was a thing of beauty.

Choosing my favourite poster after 20 seasons in the Sweet FA is a bloody tough ask, but beez would be in the conversation.

He now has the longevity to match his quality. He is a league legend. But not perfect. Because this post was acrostic.'

Mobbs said;

'I like beez. He goes for it. Opinionated and verbose. Possibly even a decent person. Hashtagged more than any other Sweet FA player. Congratulations on your 300th.'

beez, congratulations legend, I hope we can break our drought this week and bring home a win for you.
Congrats beez, great effort.

Good piece KohPhi.

But that Jumper is hideous.

beez. Congrats mate. A legend of the game. A great calming influence on and off the field. You won't find too many blokes like him floating around in the SFA.

KohPhi brilliant piece mate but you didn't need me to confirm that :)

Last edited:

Yeah I started off at the Wonders but ClarkeM didn't laugh at my jokes so I stopped coming to training. Plus, he smells.

Lol the Wonders train? Amateurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can no one see that this dude just ripped off the name of one of our league awards? What a genuine phoney, I hope you lose your 300th game, the same way you've lost every other milestone game.

Lol, this guy sucks!

As posted in our match thread -

beez in Milestone Matches:

50th​
100th​
150th​
200th​
250th​
300th​
:crossmark:
6pts​
38pts​
50pts​
55pts​
35pts​
probably
bylotspts​

Congratulations beez & thank you for all your contributions to the league!

Last edited:
I'm not about to play my 300th and I'm not called beez. You sure this is dedicated to the correct Bombers legend?*

* Congrats beez, well deserved
You're about to have 9 goals kicked on you.

I'm not about to play my 300th and I'm not called beez. You sure this is dedicated to the correct Bombers legend?*

* Congrats beez, well deserved
5 more matches ....round 9 ...and it's Shermy 's 200th

giphy.gif

Have you been named ? ......story doing the rounds, you may have been dropped
Can't get dropped if you didn't play the week prior mate, try to keep up, I dominated for the Tittybongs last weekend.

Where have you been, genuinely haven't seen you in our match thread this week.

Can't get dropped if you didn't play the week prior mate, try to keep up, I dominated for the Tittybongs last weekend.

Where have you been, genuinely haven't seen you in our match thread this week.
Correct ...lower profile this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

onya beez! Been swell having you up and about this last stretch. Av a goodun.
Hi, JoshWoodenSpoon spoon. I do appreciate the sentiments; although the "av a goodun" did make me shudder a little.

I see that for Headless's 300th you had a poster made up for him with a few well wishes on there. I just want to enquire about what poster you are having done up for me? And could you please have it done by Sunday so they can be ready for me to sign for all of my fans.

Thanks mate.

Hi, JoshWoodenSpoon spoon. I do appreciate the sentiments; although the "av a goodun" did make me shudder a little.

I see that for Headless's 300th you had a poster made up for him with a few well wishes on there. I just want to enquire about what poster you are having done up for me? And could you please have it done by Sunday so they can be ready for me to sign for all of my fans.

Thanks mate.
Selfish much? Try playing 400 games then people might write something...
You still out this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nah might play this one. JoshWoodenSpoon said I could play the two's on Sunday morning, the roll across the road to smash the Bombers on Sunday night.

I just want to enquire about what poster you are having done up for me?
I've gone with WFL, just securing the ribbons now!

Nah might play this one. @JoshWoodenSpoon said I could play the two's on Sunday morning, the roll across the road to smash the Bombers on Sunday night.
I've heard you've become an abrasive personality at the Permas and they want you out.

I've heard you've become an abrasive personality at the Permas and they want you out.
Wow, you sleep with three teammates girlfriends and all of a sudden get labelled as "abrasive"? What a joke...

Wow, you sleep with three teammates girlfriends and all of a sudden get labelled as "abrasive"? What a joke...

You were playing for the under 10s at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back