Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2002
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
aussie cricket team
whos a dic8k head now

allen aylett was gonna help the bummers out with hird and when he makes the call he finds out about the arrogant pricks saying we are gonna die.

i know we are a family and concerned club but let em fix thier own problems there so rich.

HERES THE ARTICLE

Essendon chairman Graeme McMahon’s negative comments about the future of the Kangaroos came at exactly the same time Roos chairman Dr Allen Aylett was offering to provide help to the Bombers’ injured superstar James Hird.

The revelation is a major embarrassment for the outspoken Bombers’ boss who told the Herald-Sun he believed the Kangaroos would be lucky to survive in the AFL for the next three years.

However it has since been revealed that McMahon was making his prediction of doom and gloom for a rival club at the very same time Aylett was offering to spend time with Hird, who is still recuperating in Perth, ahead of the Roos’ clash against West Coast at Subiaco on Sunday.

Aylett rang the office of Essendon chief executive Peter Jackson asking whether there was anything the Bombers would like him to take to Hird, who is still not allowed to fly home after the horrific injuries he suffered to his face during last week’s clash against Fremantle.

"While Graeme was busy having a swipe at the Kangaroos, I myself was contacting Peter Jackson to let him know that I was going to Perth this weekend for the Roos' game, and wondering if I could visit James Hird, or take anything over to him from the club,” Aylett said.

"This is what our club is all about - sticking together in hard times and offering support.”

“And then we come out and see these damaging claims.”

Aylett also said he believed the comments reflected badly on McMahon’s reputation as one the AFL’s most powerful presidents.

“A true statesman does not make comments like that,” he said.

McMahon’s attitude towards the competition’s poorer clubs could not be in more stark contrast to that of another president of a powerful club in Collingwood’s Eddie McGuire.

McGuire recently was instrumental in helping the Western Bulldogs, who also targeted for criticism by McMahon, secure a major sponsor with the Bulldogs expected to thank him publicly prior to this week’s Bulldogs-Collingwood match at Colonial Stadium.
sorry doc for the way you were treated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back