News Bombers To Poach Dan The Man?

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by this part of the RFC statement I don't think he is going to be replaced

“The Club’s football department has a number of highly credentialed and experienced administrators that will enable us to effectively manage all our football requirements as we continue our preparation for season 2018.”

I'll send him off with all the best. Son of Barry, so Richmond royalty. Did well at a job of moderate importance and part of a premiership.

Should NEVER, ever be let near the media again - which is exactly what the job of Head of Footy requires.

How long until he blames the EFC supporters for Joey Daniher's smile? Can't wait :)

lol

Perhaps Dan's comments were not as wisely worded as they might have been but in essence the strategy may well have been to achieve middle ranking status as a platform to push on as in fact happened. In my opinion a strategy of doing whatever it takes to improve as the club kept saying, is better than bottoming out and trying to get to the top in one go. In my view success has been an eight year progression not a one year wonder as the media presents it, even prompting one year wonder comments out of Dimma, Cotch, etc to feed this narrative which gets readers in. The deeper reality in my opinion is that the small wins leading up to 2016 were the basis of the resilience the club showed in responding to the 2016 setback. Bear in mind the back line, the fab four, etc were all in place at end of 2016 and the forward pace was also on the list, etc, etc. Well done to the club on doing what had to be done in conducting a review, adding on and off field talent, rejigging the game plan and having a great 2017 but well done also to everyone including Dan Richardson that did all the hard yards over the eight years or so to get the club within striking distance. And finally worth noting that even after dominating the finals and winning a premiership it is a matter of legitimate discussion as to whether Richmond has the best list in the comp which suggests that there are other factors that may contribute to success. In this age of equalization with no super teams (unless GWS can get their act together) an average to above average list can be shaped to become premiers. Go Tiges.

Last edited:
Meh just a nothing job really , Balme does all the work and Dan was just filling in the contract's

Jake King could do that job now

No. He does not do all the work.

Balme was a great addition, no doubt, but the platform was there well before he arrived. With the cheer squad on here next he'll be given credit for recruiting himself.

This makes you look back at the trade period and wonder was Dan really trying to do anything for us then or already working for Essendon??

Having said that, we probably didn't want any of the players they took and did really well out of the draft by all appearances at this stage, but moves at this time of the year just make you wonder.
Balme over rules him anyway so he can’t really sabotage us

kWRQd.gif

Never knew what he looked like until I just did a Google search.

Anyone else have the temptation to rub jizz on his bald head so it smells like an actual knob?

giphy.gif

The Bombres can poach all they want but until they get a decent midfield/backline they are not a good football team

Spent their pennys at trade time on stuff they didn’t need . Rubbish horribly run football club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balme was a great addition, no doubt, but the platform was there well before he arrived. With the cheer squad on here next he'll be given credit for recruiting himself.
Well said liv, whilst dan was very good at the mechanics of the job, imho he lacked in other areas , what stuck out to me was the coaching group suddenly had the keys to the asylum , and the whole time they were meant to be answerable to DR
This is where Balmey excels and from the get go , had this part of the org humming

in fairness balmey is always at great pains to say he is just part of the outfit. he doesn't put himself on the pedestal many do. he's been a great addition all the same.

Played a key role in getting Emma Murray involved with the player group. That alone was arguably just as influential in the premiership as the dramatic shift in coaching ethos. Arguably more influential.

Odds on it'll be a huge part of Essendon and all the other clubs' player development programs in future years.

Played a key role in getting Emma Murray involved with the player group. That alone was arguably just as influential in the premiership as the dramatic shift in coaching ethos. Arguably more influential.

Odds on it'll be a huge part of Essendon and all the other clubs' player development programs in future years.
Is she working at more than one afl club ? we should lock her into a contract

i read about her in the yellow and black book

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back