Preview BOMBERS vs LIONS , MCG, SAT ARVO, ROUND 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we anywhere near the point of being able to physically intimidate teams yet?
Well looking at some of sydney's scrawny players I would say the tide has changed and now its the boys turn to bullock through contests.
Makes the last game of the fixture Richmond, have so so much to look forward to.

I thought in the back half of last year Nick Robbo's disposal improved significantly and I was under the impression that at the start of this year, he'd be a lock in the 22.

Memories of his very early disposal issues shouldn't cause doubt.

I wouldn't be surprised if his disposal is considerably better than Witho's was in the last match.

FWIW DE in 2018 was 80%

I thought in the back half of last year Nick Robbo's disposal improved significantly and I was under the impression that at the start of this year, he'd be a lock in the 22.

Memories of his very early disposal issues shouldn't cause doubt.

I wouldn't be surprised if his disposal is considerably better than Witho's was in the last match.

He finished (just) ahead of Withereden in the B&F count. Same number of games.

I reckon he might run with Devon Smith. Smith isn't quite setting the world on fire but he's still important to curtail.

Agree. The way people drop their bundle in the middle of games is also a classic.

Lots of things in footy are random , players are put under a lot of pressure and however disciplined can still make 'mistakes' where they could've been a hero but for a slight interference of fate.
I find Facebook terrible for people melting, at least in BF most posters are kind of reasonable.

NRobbo was very good in his most recent game against the Eagles,I’d be surprised if there wasn’t any upside left he could become a consistent role player.Bundy was excellent in that same game with 8 rebounds fwiw

Poor old Nick Robbo become the new whipping boy and target for negative comments.

Not really overall, he is disproportionately lorded (IMO) by a lot of posters if you really stop and look at it, which is where most anti Robbo posters get off, trying to keep a balance. There are a few who think he is a limited footballer and some take it way too far. He really does divide opinion. Ill be watching with interest on Saturday to see how he plays. He showed us what he can do in 2017 in a couple of games, if he can do that more often than not he will be an ok AFL footballer.

I'm with you jason, Stringer to me is a guy you can get under the skin of, Robbo is that guy that can be annoying and in your face all day with his niggle. I think he is the guy to take Stringer and Stinger certainly won't be able to run away from him to break the tag.

Just... so much no... Stringer will kill Robbo in the air and on the ground I can't watch him kick 6 tomorrow, Gards is our man for stringer (like degoey). Give Robbo the job on Tippa he is a major danger man and can be taken right out of a game if Robbo sticks to him.

I find Facebook terrible for people melting, at least in BF most posters are kind of reasonable.
I actually find it the opposite - supporters on Facebook tend to just say silly things because they don't understand the game, it's like watching first time parents at junior footy yelling out really silly things or things they heard their parents call out. On big footy I've always through the posters knew about footy, loved the game and needed people to talk to about the game when everyone else had become bored. But by god, if Big Footy posters know about the game then they are vicious in their attach on some players. These players have busted their gut to get where they are, just being on an AFL list puts them in the top 3% or 4% of all people to have played the game. They can all play, they are all good players. Some have deficiencies and different skill sets than their current team needs but they can play the game. Players have poor games and they mightn't have done certain things but they are not hacks, unless or hopless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the changes. Robbo will provide increased pressure and aggression over Basti and Bundy is in good form in the Ressies. He is no slouch and make good choices. We also have the option to run Robbo through the midfield on a lock down role on Merrett or Smith. Fages specifically mentioned upfield pressure in his comments as a way of limiting the Dons scoring. Cue Robbo. I like Cuts for his run but he does not provide enough tackling pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back