Bombervirus

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
In an unprecedented border closure the SFA heavyweights have voted to close Iraq's borders to prevent the spread of "Bombervirus".
This particular strain was first mentioned by NaturalDisaster today and the irony was not lost on the SFA community.
"The time to prevent more epidemics is now!" said one captain off the record.

y4kkfq8.jpg

Barrybran who claims that he delisted TalkingFootyNow1223 stated " There's nothing to see here!" and pundits thought he must have been talking about his match thread.

Not surprisingly, TalkingFootyNow1223 desired team of choice was the controversial Baghdad Bombers for the tidy sum of 700 dinars per game with a few rider/clauses not made public to scribes. :devil:

There is no rule that says the player has to wait 4 weeks ....or until the midseason trade period but despite this Far Cough They're Full signs were hurriedly deployed on all border crossings leading to Baghdad in a forlorn attempt to prevent the spread of Bombervirus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3C) Eligibility to sign players

Restricted Free Agency

After the squad submission deadline, listed players are contracted to their club. However, any players delisted during the season (that were on the original squad) can be signed as a delisted free agent by any other club

Was TalkingFootyNow1223 delisted .....yes
Did Barrybran amend his squad list .....yes

3C) Eligibility to sign players

Restricted Free Agency

• They only qualify for RFA if they have been delisted by their club, not if they have walked out.
  • Restricted Free Agency eligibility ends four rounds prior to finals.
  • The administrator must approve the signing of any delisted player by his/her new team and reserves the right to defer to the committee for any further discussion should it be required.
  • If a delisted player does not qualify for Restricted Free Agency then they can only be re-signed by their original club for that season. This can be done freely with the agreement of both parties.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facemasks have been sold out in Fighting Furieville as the Furies flyout to Baghdad tomorrow for their Round 2 clash.

Frontman Tigerturbulance who was voted 'Sexiest Man Alive' by Qeople magazine recently didn't seem perturbed that his team would be forced to go through sheep dip troughs upon arrival back home. "Mate, I've caught worse things in Baghdad at the Camel and Goat Nightclub!"
gYcvhnQ.jpg

• Banned
L1QWsh3.jpg

TalkingFootyNow1223 caught at the Iraqi border by SFA officials.

In other developments there is dissent among the Dragons lair who have recently taken CazC30 under their scaly wings.
The ex Bomber has spent more time in the Bombers Round 2 match thread than their own and one member of the Dragons Leadership (sic) Group is worried that some of his team mates could contract the virus sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
One issue here, this line you quoted:

They only qualify for RFA if they have been delisted by their club, not if they have walked out.

4:11pm He told the gumbies team thread he was quitting
4:24pm Bazza delists him
5:00pm TFN posts on the sign up thread he wants the bombers

Bazza delisted him AFTER TFN resigned. The committee interpretation of the above rule is if you walked out (as TFN did) this makes you ineligible

There is no rule that says the player has to wait 4 weeks
Correct. And that's not even an option here. TFN's options are to rejoin the Gumbies or sit out. The four week thing has been floated as a potential solution for future seasons. You guys would benefit from a rep who can actually comprehend sentences.

They only qualify for RFA if they have been delisted by their club, not if they have walked out.

Bazza delisted him AFTER TFN resigned. The committee interpretation of the above rule is if you walked out (as TFN did) this makes you ineligible
Correct. And that's not even an option here. TFN's options are to rejoin the Gumbies or sit out. The four week thing has been floated as a potential solution for future seasons. You guys would benefit from a rep who can actually comprehend sentences.
Settle guys,
what do you think your doing coming into a bombers thread and high jacking it, where are your manners

Seems you need to deadbolt the doors at your shithole club from the outside :)

“The fact that to date we have only seen a couple of cases outside of Iraq and no deaths is due in no small part to the extraordinary steps the government has taken to prevent the export of cases,” Dr. Tedros Adsense Ghebrejesus, the director-general of the Baghdad Health Organization, said at a news briefing today.

"The havoc that the terrible Coronavirus has caused is terrible and our prayers go out to those infected and the families who have lost loved ones.
" Yes the Coronavirus is extremely bad but you should sea mine; there are a lot of similarities"

1580986414398.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timings of announcements are irellevent if TalkingFootyNow1223 and Barrybran had already discussed the issue.

I find it hard to believe TFN announces in the team thread he is leaving and 13 minutes later, Bbran delisted him without prior consultation.

“The fact that to date we have only seen a couple of cases outside of Iraq and no deaths is due in no small part to the extraordinary steps the government has taken to prevent the export of cases,” Dr. Tedros Adsense Ghebrejesus, the director-general of the Baghdad Health Organization, said at a news briefing today.

"The havoc that the terrible Coronavirus has caused is terrible and our prayers go out to those infected and the families who have lost loved ones.
" Yes the Coronavirus is extremely bad but you should sea mine; there are a lot of similarities"

View attachment 818715

#bestinthebusiness

Corona Beer have changed their name to avoid association with the Coronavirus outbreak...
kZ7nFo1.jpg

...the Iraq Brewing Company is falling into line with a similar strategy.
keURt9I.jpg

Consumers outside of Iraq can be rest assured it will still have that trademark Baghdad Bitter taste that opposition teams adore.

Timings of announcements are irellevent if TalkingFootyNow1223 and Barrybran had already discussed the issue.

I find it hard to believe TFN announces in the team thread he is leaving and 13 minutes later, Bbran delisted him without prior consultation.
Perhaps Baz was showing early symptoms of the Bombervirus and wasn't feeling himself.
Maybe someone else was feeling him:think:
...I hear that the committee room was in unusual disarray the last couple of days.

I argued that exact point - and was pretty god damn vocal about it, until your dumbarse captain accused me of bias against him

the moron lost this because as he is out here, he's not arguing the rules, he goes on and on and on and on and on about conspiracy theories against the bombers

he's either dumber than a bucket of hammers, or this is all completely fake

either way, he deserved to lose that vote the way he handled it

I argued that exact point - and was pretty god damn vocal about it, until your dumbarse captain accused me of bias against him

the moron lost this because as he is out here, he's not arguing the rules, he goes on and on and on and on and on about conspiracy theories against the bombers

Well for your information we met with the bucket of hammers but he just didn't nail the interview.

Are you suggesting we would fake something .....or exploit an event for media attention .....I'm shocked (a little bit)

Are you suggesting we would fake something .....or exploit an event for media attention .....I'm shocked (a little bit)

Are you agreeing that you tanked the TFN appeal deliberately?

Look what happens when you go to the park ......a puppy follows you home

Just answer the question princess peach

Did you deliberately try to lose the committee vote, or are you just thicker than Billy Brownless's arse?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back