Bon Jovi 2018 AFL Grand Final entertainment ? Black Eyed Peas confirmed.

Ocker

?Premiershipmond?
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Spiderbait, Fireballs and Magic Dirt...followed by Midnight Oil to end proceedings (for mainstream viewers).
BANG!

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
As an MCC member who missed the ballot, at least the AFL have guaranteed me a sleep in if Richmond make the GF and I have to camp out. :rainbow:

That said, if there is some sort of train wreck collaboration, it could be a must-see event. :drunk:

On the entertainment overall, I think nailing it like last year will be a rare occurance. Looking past the Gudinski thing, ideally you want an act who have reasonable mainstream appeal with at least 3 songs, are still relevant and able to perform near their peak, are good live and can 'fill' the stadium with sound. Then you need to do this on a budget ($600k in the past) that is probably pretty small for a one-off show likely on the other side of the world. It's not easy to do that every single year, but hopefully it's not a one-off either.

Hence why I thought Panic At The Disco were a chance. They tour Australia the week after the grand final, have two songs on the radio right now and the AFL even used their bloody excellent Bohemian Rhapsody cover in a massive highlight package for the finals series before last weeks Geelong/Melbourne game. Thought the stars were aligning for it since they also fit that mould of The Killers somewhat. Alas it wasn't the case.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
On the surface both acts are terrible, out of date choices. But considering the Black Eyed Peas don't have a lead singer, and Jimmy Barnes used to be a lead singer, makes sense to combine the two and have Barnsey the new frontman for the Black Eyed Peas!

Was saying to a few mates today, you get Barnsey up there doing Fergie's parts and i'm right on board just for the LOL's.

bigleague

All Australian
Apr 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fans not happy as Champions League final kick-off delayed after 'awful' Black Eyed Peas performance

3 JUNE 2017 • 9:44PM

The colossal event that is the Champions League final seems to get more glamorous and expansive every season – but Uefa hit something of a bum note this year with the booking of the Black Eyed Peas.

Not only were fans complaining about the quality of the band's performance, but the clean-up that followed on the pitch in Cardiff meant a delay to kick-off.

The Black Eyed Peas were described as "so awful" and "the worst" by observers on social media, while the absence of band member Fergie – who has left to focus on a solo career – prompted a predictable avalanche of jokes.

Clearly the organisers felt that the crowd hadn't heard enough, either – the Black Eyed Peas' 2009 hit song 'I Got A Feeling' being played at full time as Real Madrid celebrated a 12th European title.

There were also questions asked of what the elaborate show would be doing for the pristine pitch at the Principality Stadium.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...hampions-league-final-kick-off-delayed-awful/

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hence why I thought Panic At The Disco were a chance. They tour Australia the week after the grand final, have two songs on the radio right now and the AFL even used their bloody excellent Bohemian Rhapsody cover in a massive highlight package for the finals series before last weeks Geelong/Melbourne game. Thought the stars were aligning for it since they also fit that mould of The Killers somewhat. Alas it wasn't the case.

That was them? Legit thought the singer was Daniel johns.

It was a passable attempt

I didn't even know they were still a thing. :drunk:

Still, he AFL would be unlikely to get anyone touring closely before or after, it's not in the artist's interest to do that. For bigger international acts, it's used mostly as a promotional exercise for a new album or a future tour (which in the case of The Killers last year, both went on sale in te week before the GF).

Jun 14, 2011
Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC/NYY/LAL/Green Bay Packers/UW
Image1536912398.355102.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gang of Youths
Violent Soho
Parkway Drive
Birds of Tokyo
The Amity Affliction
Tame Impala
The Smith Street Band

Is this what you meant? Australian acts of now?
That doesn't even take into account the hip hop and solo artists who I didn't take into account.
Hahaha can you imagine Gil up in the stands no idea what the commoners like these days and Parkway Drive were playing, he’d be redder the Eddie

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
My parents saw Jimmy Barnes about 4 years ago and it was so bad that they walked out. I can’t wait to see this s**t show, he may just make Meatloaf look good

The AFL can smell a mass marketing opportunity.

Have the Black Eyed Peas perform "Where is the love", while former footballers and media personalities come out on the ground to kiss and make up once and for all.

James Hird and Caroline Wilson
Mick Malthouse and Nathan Buckley
Tony Lockett and Peter Caven
Jason Dunstall and Sam Newman
Jason Akermanis and Brad Johnson
Wayne Carey and Anthony Stevens
Eddie McGuire and Adams Goodes
AFL CEO Gilligan and Daisy Pearce/Moana Hope

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
How about making the task easier for yourself and limit the scope to acts that have made an impact in the past ~5 years? It’s the 2018 Grand Final, so it should be showcasing acts that are in their prime in 2018.

The baby boomers have been trusted with the choice of entertainment for years and they continually let us down with stale performers well past their use-by date. They should no longer be the target audience when booking acts.
You don’t necessarily want acts in their ‘prime’ as that is rarely when they have reached mass public adoption.

The number one factor in a booking like this is a name that majority of people recognise, and songs that people can instantly recognise and sing along with.

Sure personally I think the Peas turned to sh1t when Fergie started, Head Bob, Joints n Jams and Weekend were half decent tracks...pity they won’t get a look in today and didn’t get anywhere near the popular adoption as a ‘my humps’.

But that is the beauty of music, everyone thinks what they like is the good stuff.

AFL needs to book an act with maximum general public acceptance, hence you get a sh1t band like BEP who had massive success just putting out average pop songs.

I gotta feeling, lets get it started, pump it...there is a pregame set and they have plenty of other big songs for a post match concert.

Back