Bones Jones VS USADA

Jan 24, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Didn’t see a thread about this... thought it would create a nice discussion. with the California commission stripping his licence and Jones will be facing USADA in the near future.

What do you think they’ll do with him?
I’m expecting 2-4 year ban and career over

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Discussion has been ongoing in the 'general mma thread', but probably a good idea to make a thread about Jones.

Common sense says a 2-4 year ban but wouldn't be surprised if he got something like a year.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Can he fight in Bellator even though the Cali commission has taken his license?

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Can he fight in Bellator even though the Cali commission has taken his license?
From my understanding I think if he is under contract with ufc he wouldn’t be able to compete in another organisation. I’m not exactly sure how the system works when it comes to athletic organisations and all that but from what I hear they all kinda back each other up so for example if he is banned in California he couldn’t go simply fight in newyork under Belator.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
From my understanding I think if he is under contract with ufc he wouldn’t be able to compete in another organisation. I’m not exactly sure how the system works when it comes to athletic organisations and all that but from what I hear they all kinda back each other up so for example if he is banned in California he couldn’t go simply fight in newyork under Belator.

Yes I think it’s the contract that would stop him moving across. And I have heard he could get as low as a year, that would be a joke but I’m not real fussed about PEDs tbh, just want to see him back.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hahahahaha

Bones - “hey guys here are all the supplements I was using, clean as a whistle”
USADA - “what about those big bottles with steroids on the label”
Bones - “oh I totally wasn’t using them”
USADA - “okay, what about all these needles in this drawer”
Bones - “they are for an art project I’m doing”
USADA - “mmhmm, how about these testosterone patches”
Bones - “for my cats... they need them”
USADA - “well nothing to see here carry on”

Dana White - “thanks guys, new cars will be in the driveways when you get home”

its a bit of a ridiculous ruling considering all the rules that are in place but I sort of feel 18 months for doping is about right in a year-round sport (so close enough).

Whether truly guilty or not, Jones is a doper/cheater for life.

I'm glad we get to watch him fight again.

I wonder who he fights... assuming it will be for a title.

its a bit of a ridiculous ruling considering all the rules that are in place but I sort of feel 18 months for doping is about right in a year-round sport.

Considering his past history, he's basically got nothing. Week by USADA, but as alluded to by phantom13 who I reckon is on the money, reckon there's been some shonky deals to reduce it to 18 months. His talent and ability to draw money is the only reason he hasn't been torched into existence. Penny hasn't dropped for him and never will.

I wonder who he fights... assuming it will be for a title.

Well can only be one person in that case ;)

What's bigger though DC vs Jones or Brock?

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
At this point why not have them weigh in at LHW on the Friday Morning, then have them weigh in at HW after theyve jumped off the scales and had a drink and a protein bar, then jump back on for heavyweight, then have one 5 rounder for both titles, the whole shooting match.

Cant see any reason they couldnt do it, not like the follow any actual rules at this point, id pay to watch.

Back