Bones Jones VS USADA

Remove this Banner Ad

The UFC hire USADA at a cost in the millions per year. I couldn't rule out backroom politics.

Allegations have been made against WADA and USADA fairly regularly. Even if it is just a lack of transparency and consistency.

Icarus shook my confidence in anti-doping organisations fairly heavily too.

What could he possibly bring to the table that warranted such a heavy reduction, especially considering he denies using?

why couldn't such a reduction apply to Machida? They through the book at him.
As for the two questions - I don't know.

Good points you've made, but yeah, Christ knows what the truth really is.

Hopefully Jones and/or USADA come out soon and explain what the go is.

USADA come out soon and explain what the go is.
they did. I put the quote in the last post. Jones has agreed to give ongoing information that will lead to either anti-doping or criminal convictions. That's the clause. and this was in response to Jones' manager denying he was a snitch.

they did. I put the quote in the last post. Jones has agreed to give ongoing information that will lead to either anti-doping or criminal convictions. That's the clause. and this was in response to Jones' manager denying he was a snitch.
So USADA have made it clear that Jones has 100% snitched on someone or a few people, and not just elaborated more on his own personal shenanigans? That's pretty ugly if true, but perhaps, for the cleanliness of the sport, it isn't that bad of a thing (once again if true).

So USADA have made it clear that Jones has 100% snitched on someone or a few people, and not just elaborated more on his own personal shenanigans? That's pretty ugly if true, but perhaps, for the cleanliness of the sport, it isn't that bad of a thing (once again if true).
yeah, that's the statement released by USADA. it's been denied by Jones' camp but the statement was released in response to the denials.

100% is probably a stretch... but all the evidence seems to point that way and all the major media players have interpreted it that way.

Hello all. I have written a blog article for my final year at university. Mainly focusing on the lack of consistencey by USADA in MMA, Olympics etc.

Would be much appreciated and happy to return the favour for anyone else.

Cheers,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So my over arching emotion is I’m glad he’s still fighting next week but it’s heavily tempered by the question, how can a federal body find an issue with a test and then two states have differing opinions of the validity of that issue. It’s odd

Pretty much this, I also feel bad for the people who have booked flights, tickets hotels etc. I went over for the 168 card years ago, imagine this had have happened to me, would have been shitty as *.

It would be extremely naive to suggest he didn’t provide information about others (perhaps not fighters but certainly people whom he knows). Usada likely couldn’t care less about his affairs given his positive test and plethora of out of comp issues.

Frankly if he did “snitch” on other fighters or coaches or whoever I’m all for it, the less cover up of that sort of stuff the better, not sure I agree with giving someone a reduction in their sentence for it but you have to give something to get something.

People are kidding themselves if they don’t think that every fighter is on something. Jon was just young, dumb and stupid enough to be one of the ones caught. The kid had the world at his finger tips and a truck load of money after he decimated Bader and then Shogun and ****ed up royally, repeatedly. Every fighter is on enhancers though, you’re kidding yourself if you think any of them aren’t.

People are kidding themselves if they don’t think that every fighter is on something. Jon was just young, dumb and stupid enough to be one of the ones caught. The kid had the world at his finger tips and a truck load of money after he decimated Bader and then Shogun and ****** up royally, repeatedly. Every fighter is on enhancers though, you’re kidding yourself if you think any of them aren’t.
For the most part, very likely. Especially the elite guys. Romero? Lol. Pualo costa? Lol. Both regularly tested and never caught... At least properly.

I am willing to accept the likes of bisping, DC, hopefully bobby knuckles arent. Just on a moral level, because getting caught is so hard if you're smart.

If you can afford a good doctor, the chances of getting caught are tiny. USADA likely dont even know the name of the best stuff out there, let alone have the scientific ability to test for it.

For the most part, very likely. Especially the elite guys. Romero? Lol. Pualo costa? Lol. Both regularly tested and never caught... At least properly.

I am willing to accept the likes of bisping, DC, hopefully bobby knuckles arent. Just on a moral level, because getting caught is so hard if you're smart.

If you can afford a good doctor, the chances of getting caught are tiny. USADA likely dont even know the name of the best stuff out there, let alone have the scientific ability to test for it.
Imagine the headlines if DC popped!

People are kidding themselves if they don’t think that every fighter is on something. Jon was just young, dumb and stupid enough to be one of the ones caught. The kid had the world at his finger tips and a truck load of money after he decimated Bader and then Shogun and ****** up royally, repeatedly. Every fighter is on enhancers though, you’re kidding yourself if you think any of them aren’t.
I agree with your sentiment that most cheat. It wouldn't be as much a problem if USADA weren't involved and inconsistently enforcing the laws. Some have effectively lost their careers for similar doping offences as Turinabones has been popped for multiple times now.

Even if Jones test was from the previous sample, not sure it sends a good message message by letting him compete with something in his system, irrespective of effect or amount.

One thing is for sure, the technology and administration of anti doping as far as MMA is concerned, still has a loooooong way to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back