List Mgmt. Bonner, Dumont, Teakle and Barkla delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

8 years on our list and presumably not in our top 25% TPP - Riley "Roller" Bonner was an unrestricted free agent. If another club was interested, they wouldn't have needed to trade for him.
Possible that Bonner doesn't want to leave Adelaide - Adelaide boy and a fairly relaxed character he may have other plans.

Thoughts on the 4 delistings.

Bonner - Stiff, wasn't really better or worse than Duursma, Would have kept him. He'll find another AFL list to get on.
Barkla - Not up to the level, shows some glimpses but it was very few and far between, I expect he'll go play for WWT Eagles reserves or an ammo club. We need to fill up the Cat B spots.
Dumont - Easy decision, should end up at Nord.
Teakle - Another easy decision. Just a terrible footballer. Back to East Freo I'd expect.

Stiff on Barkla, free swing and nothing to lose, better have 2x Cat B’s next year

Barkla was never going to make it at AFL level. Yet another good solid SANFL/WAFL standard player who didn't quite have enough talent to make the step up.
Why hasn't Fantasia been delisted yet?

Maybe he isn't going to be? After the re signing of Jed McEntee for 2 years anything is possible. Obviously the people making the decisions are not on the same page as the rest of us.

As a side bar Jackson Hately was talked about as being a talent to rival other top 10 picks in that monster draft and GWS seemed reluctant to let him go

WTAF happened ?
Partly injuries.
The dreaded pubitis!

Please he's going to be at a bottom 3 club.
There's nothing we can do to save him.
The Xavier Duursma conundrum is just that.

I've seen the dude play great football as a winger, running hard and taking marks in both goal squares, kicking long, etc. but my memory is fading.

I like Duursma but haven't seen him play well. I don't know why. It seems like injuries and if so, I would love really good winger Duursma back. No doubt.

But if Hawthorn pick up the other Duursma and they want the Quaddies, then I wouldn't be adverse or at least think about trading Xavier for pick 27 I think they have. I would feel a bit bad about it. I guess the List Management would know the reasons his form is poor and make the right decision.

I just think and hope that Duursma just need a week in the Tropics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"magical year" lol

arrested-development.gif

The Xavier Duursma conundrum is just that.

I've seen the dude play great football as a winger, running hard and taking marks in both goal squares, kicking long, etc. but my memory is fading.

I like Duursma but haven't seen him play well. I don't know why. It seems like injuries and if so, I would love really good winger Duursma back. No doubt.

But if Hawthorn pick up the other Duursma and they want the Quaddies, then I wouldn't be adverse or at least think about trading Xavier for pick 27 I think they have. I would feel a bit bad about it. I guess the List Management would know the reasons his form is poor and make the right decision.

I just think and hope that Duursma just need a week in the Tropics.
Keep him and we may unite the four siblings: trade for Zane in a few years and grab Willem in a future draft.
Where the youngest brother Willem, could be the best of the lot: playing U/16 189cm and still growing DOB 21/06/2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back