Toast Bont, Jack & Dunks all named in AA squad

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprises here. Bont’s a lock but can’t see the committee picking three in the 22 so one of Dunks or Macrae will make it in. Glad I don’t have the job of deciding which because they’ve both been incredible.

No surprises here. Bont’s a lock but can’t see the committee picking three in the 22 so one of Dunks or Macrae will make it in. Glad I don’t have the job of deciding which because they’ve both been incredible.
should*

Macrae and Treloar are 50 possessions clear of anyone else so they're both locks and Bont has won major media awards (presumably wins AFLCA) so he's pretty much a lock too.

Midfielders are so hard to fit in and Dunkley is pretty much inside mid or bust, so reckon he'll miss.

Bont will be the only 1 likely to make it. Onballers, the hardest spot to get a gig. Macrae and Dunks great though.

Crozier has been fantastic this year as well. They would have been my two for the positions they play.

Sorry if Macrae doesn't make the team than the AA is a total farce. Should've been a lock last year (How did Edwards and Sidebottom get in ahead of him?).

If it comes down to Treloar or Macrae...

Disposals: Treloar 740 and Macrae 736
Disposal Efficiency: Macrae is +4%
Contested Possession: Macrae is +8
Uncontested Possessions: Macrae is +17
Intercept Possessions: Macrae is +17
Turnovers: Macrae 102 and Treloar 109
Inside 50s: Macrae is +2
Goal Assists: Macrae is +3
Score Involvements: Macrae is +6
Marks: Macrae is +6
Tackles: Macrae is +10
Tackles I50: Macrae is +4
Rebounds: Macrae is +9

Macrae also averages more Ground Ball Gets, Effective Kicks, Goal Accuracy, Score Launchers and Spoils, with Treloar only slightly ahead on Clearances.

Some more league rankings for Macrae...

Last edited:
Sorry if Macrae doesn't make the team than the AA is a total farce. Should've been a lock last year (How did Edwards and Sidebottom get in ahead of him?).

If it comes down to Treloar or Macrae...

Disposals: Treloar 740 and Macrae 736
Disposal Efficiency: Macrae is +4%
Contested Possession: Macrae is +8
Uncontested Possessions: Macrae is +17
Intercept Possessions: Macrae is +17
Turnovers: Macrae 102 and Treloar 109
Inside 50s: Macrae is +2
Goal Assists: Macrae is +3
Score Involvements: Macrae is +6
Marks: Macrae is +6
Tackles: Macrae is +10
Tackles I50: Macrae is +4
Rebounds: Macrae is +9

Macrae also averages more Ground Ball Gets, Effective Kicks, Goal Accuracy, Score Launchers and Spoils, with Treloar only slightly ahead on Clearances.

Some more league rankings for Macrae...
View attachment 734598
Unfortunately, I doubt much of that will matter. Comparison will be:
Macrae: plays for Bulldogs
Treloar: plays for Collingwood

Treloar will be in

Macrae will get in. Darcy is on the selectors panel and will make sure of that. Just like he got M.Boyd in last time in 2016.

Last edited:
We had a s**t year last year. No misgivings Macrae missing out last time. This year is our turn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its funny listening to football commentators say that Macrae plays 'outside' as a means of justifying naming him on a wing.

Apparently with the new 6.6.6 rule the wings are the new black and the AA squad needs to have dedicated wingman and not the usual convention of filling it with those next in line for midfield slots. Its like they think that this is a real side.

Like the notion of handing out a blazer as reward, the whole thing is a confected nonsense.

Treloar: 10 Goals
Macrae: 5 Goals

I did a twenty two yesterday no Neale or Macrae.

Starting midfield: Grundy, Dangerfield, Treloar, Cripps.
I/C: Bontempelli, Zorko, Yeo, Fyfe.

Not sure how anyone can put Treloar ahead of Macrae. Yes he's kicked a couple of more goals but look at Treloar's efficiency...

Disposal: 70%
Kicking: 56%
Goal Accuracy: 43%

While Macrae is...

Disposal: 74%
Kicking: 67%
Goal Accuracy: 56%

Macrae is also ranked the #1 midfielder in the competition for Score Assists.

I would take efficiency and assist over a couple more goals.

Last edited:
Not sure how anyone can put Treloar ahead of Macrae. Yes he's kicked a couple of more goals but look at Treloar's efficiency...

Disposal: 70%
Kicking: 56%
Goal Accuracy: 43%

While Macrae is...

Disposal: 74%
Kicking: 67%
Goal Accuracy: 56%

Macrae is also ranked the #1 midfielder in the competition for Score Assists.

I would take efficiency over a couple more goals.
Fair call Oliver Gigacz , I am a bit of a balance man so I went for a bit of leg speed over pure accumulation, but I to
think Macrae is a very good player, but the squad of forty has way too many accumulators in it saying that they
will probably slot a few out on the wings like afl.com did in their team. I had McCluggage and Gaff on the wings,
but I like the wing position WA and WD just like the netball.

Fair call Oliver Gigacz , I am a bit of a balance man so I went for a bit of leg speed over pure accumulation, but I to
think Macrae is a very good player, but the squad of forty has way too many accumulators in it saying that they
will probably slot a few out on the wings like afl.com did in their team. I had McCluggage and Gaff on the wings,
but I like the wing position WA and WD just like the netball.

Yeah I honestly don't know why they release a squad of 40, just tell us the 22. It would save a lot of debating,

Yeah I honestly don't know why they release a squad of 40, just tell us the 22. It would save a lot of debating,
Mainly marketing. Prolonging reader interest = more clicks = more revenue.

There may also be a bit of Nice Try consolation prize about being named in the squad, even if you miss out on the final AA.

It also takes the heat off the panel. If they just named a 22 straight off there would be heaps of "WTF? How did <insert favourite player name> miss out?" That effect is greatly reduced if everyone can see the short list that the panel is working from. Players just outside the top 40 probably weren't going to make anyone's 22 anyway. So it gives the panel a bit of a buffer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back