conodie05

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2008
Crib Point
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Blackburn Rovers
I overheard this conversation the other day and have no way of verifying it but this is a rumour thread so I don't have to.

Apparently, Melbourne had committed to drafting the Bont with their first pick in the 2013 National Draft well before the Combine. Due to a massive bust up between the Melbourne Recruiting manager (whomever it was) and Mr and Mrs Bont, the Bonts were told that the potential future Brownlow Medallist would never be welcome at MFC.

In the end they would never have got him at pick 9 anyway.

The story I heard was that Mr & Mrs Bont, (aka Joseph & Mary) were told they could spend a fortnight in a luxury hotel anywhere in the world and MFC would pick up the entire bill in return for Bont agreeing to be drafted to the Dees. Upon arrival Mr & Mrs Bont were informed that the hotel had been overbooked but they were more than welcome to sleep in the stable.

The story I heard was that Mr & Mrs Bont, (aka Joseph & Mary) were told they could spend a fortnight in a luxury hotel anywhere in the world and MFC would pick up the entire bill in return for Bont agreeing to be drafted to the Dees. Upon arrival Mr & Mrs Bont were informed that the hotel had been overbooked but they were more than welcome to sleep in the stable.
I prefer this scandal

The story I heard was that Mr & Mrs Bont, (aka Joseph & Mary) were told they could spend a fortnight in a luxury hotel anywhere in the world and MFC would pick up the entire bill in return for Bont agreeing to be drafted to the . Upon arrival Mr & Mrs Bont were informed that the hotel had been overbooked but they were more than welcome to sleep in the stable.

I find a story like that very hard to believe.

s**t thread saved.

What happened next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would the Demons need Bont to agree to be drafted? Crap rumour

Oh no, another draft ruined! Yet again i am so ashamed and embarrassed to be a melbourne supporter, thank you so much for shedding light on this. My world has been rocked, now i have no faith in my club anymore. I am utterly devastated beyond belief...

I'll add the bont to my poster of failures, i can put him between Nic Nat and Wines.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back