Autopsy Booing Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting thread. Bigotry toward Christians is strong on the Hawthorn boards.

There’s no evidence at all why Gaz was booed yet I find it entertaining to see so many people here celebrating their inner tyrant and hating on the Christians. It’s quite humourous that bigotry isn’t a bad thing as long as the right people are the targets of the bigotry. Higher principles and all that. Good work.

Interesting thread. Bigotry toward Christians is strong on the Hawthorn boards.
Plenty of Christians and other religions here that don't try to shove their faith down everyone's throats too.

Worship who you like in your own time peacefully and you'll get along with everyone just fine. Start carrying on like a pork chop trying to "save" everyone else from themselves and you're going to make us angry.

Plenty of Christians and other religions here that don't try to shove their faith down everyone's throats too.

Worship who you like in your own time peacefully and you'll get along with everyone just fine. Start carrying on like a pork chop trying to "save" everyone else from themselves and you're going to make us angry.

Good point.

Probably not the one you intended to make, though.

Booing is fine during the game if that’s what rocks your boat. The problem yesterday was that the siren had gone, the umps were gone and so it was obviously directed at Pendles no matter how they try and spin it.

It’s also imo pathetic how people trot out “it’s because he ducked and won a free last time we played” or he “sniped five seasons ago” - * me, get over it. If you are going to boo at least make it relevant to the game in hand.

As for Hocking he is seriously a dickhead if he thinks he is going to be able to control booing and to trot out “refer it to the integrity department” - what a lol moment. I doubt they even know where their office is judging on their performances to date. “Melbourne didn’t tank but we’ll fine them anyway” just to name one doozie

Not someone I usually shares views with (and I don't agree with everything in this article) but Richard Hinds sums it up pretty well I think.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04...JFkDPqj0Ti5P4JBliUAmDzKzXyKa7clo3K_2D6Epu5R6U
Priceless!

This "like" theory prompted the AFL's football operations manager Steven Hocking to temporarily stop tinkering with the game's rules and hint at the implementation of something even more absurd than some of his new regulations — a Boo Ban.
How the AFL would enforce this Boo Ban seems problematic, although you imagine Hocking has already sent an exploratory task force to a Punch and Judy show to test the feasibility of apprehending five-year-olds who get a bit too rowdy when Punch acts up.

Priceless!

This "like" theory prompted the AFL's football operations manager Steven Hocking to temporarily stop tinkering with the game's rules and hint at the implementation of something even more absurd than some of his new regulations — a Boo Ban.
How the AFL would enforce this Boo Ban seems problematic, although you imagine Hocking has already sent an exploratory task force to a Punch and Judy show to test the feasibility of apprehending five-year-olds who get a bit too rowdy when Punch acts up.

Ha ha, yes I liked that bit too :D Seriously the self righteous AFL and media need to take a step back. As Lotus said earlier in the thread it's not hurling abuse or spitting on someone it's booing, the most benign form of protest you can make!

Priceless!

And this backhander...

Could you boo Hocking for imposing technicalities that make the umpire's task so difficult?

lol Steve Hocking says AFL will take action if people continue to boo Ablett... how f***ing embarrassing...

Think the AFL is overestimating how "rusted on" some supporters are, if it continues down this route, look out.

'Holier than thou', sanctimonious, virtue-signalling pricks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So “action” taken if only Ablett is booed? If anyone else is booed, players, umpires etc it’s fair game? I just don’t get the carry on or the complete beat up of this to turn it into some huge controversy. Let’s say the punishment is removal of the offender from the stadium, on what grounds can that call be made? Will the assumption automatically be made that the booers motives where an attack on Abletts religious beliefs? Be pretty interesting to see what happens actually, I mean if you don’t want spectators to boo obviously the best way to go about it is to tell them not to do it isn’t it. Haha

Steve Hocking wants to threaten us as fans? who the f*** is he? what gives him the moral authority to decide what I do at the footy?

I mean I wouldnt think these clowns needed to artificially create any more roles to dish out to mates... might need to set up the "Committee of Appropriate Behaviours" to police crowd cheering? thats another 10 jobs minimum plus another 100 for crowd patrollers.... I mean its f***ed that what I just wrote doesnt even sound that far fetched!

Clown of the highest order... Was singing in the rain when Fitzpatrick and Demetriou left... seems I must ride out the storm for this f***wit as well.

Big ego w***ers playing "god". Seriously the AFL honchos are so far up their own ass their hair is popping out their mouths.
The only thanks you'll be getting from me is for destroying any naturally cultivated footy culture and replacing it with AFL X. Seriously, these blokes have become glorified politicians, using this as a distraction from the dogs breakfast job he is doing in his boys club holiday AFL role. Fix the umpiring you sack of s**t.

Last edited:
The mere suggestion that a ban on booing could be a solution is completely laughable. There's no way they could ever enforce that, and if anything it would probably increase the rate of booing as people do it to spite those who think they can dictate social behaviour en masse.

As the post above shows, people don't like being told they can't do things. Particularly when said thing isn't illegal or even inherently bad.

lol Steve Hocking says AFL will take action if people continue to boo Ablett... how f***ing embarrassing...

Think the AFL is overestimating how "rusted on" some supporters are, if it continues down this route, look out.

'Holier than thou', sanctimonious, virtue-signalling pricks.

Is it just Ablett that isn’t allowed to be booed?
What happens if it isn’t one of Hockings favourites, like Sicily? If he gets booed will he get the same protection as Ablett? We already know that Hawkins can elbow him in the ribs without being penalised. We already know that if Sicily gets jumper punched and he retaliates he is the one that cops the punishment. So is he really going to be protected if he gets booed?

Who is Hocking appointing as his Boo police Gerald and Robbo? The weapon in Dean Robinson? Hocking really needs to punch himself in the head more, it just might give himself a little bit more sense.

Instead of the boo police, just spend the money on paying to get professional umpires.
Everyone, at very level of the game deserves this. Players, fans, media (but what would they have to media about of there wasn't s**t umpiring decisions?) and especially the umpires.
They keep paying peanuts. We keep getting monkeys, and the spin-off being distractions and detractions from the game like this. A debacle. An absolute blight on the game.

Instead of the boo police, just spend the money on paying to get professional umpires.
Everyone, at very level of the game deserves this. Players, fans, media (but what would they have to media about of there wasn't **** umpiring decisions?) and especially the umpires.
They keep paying peanuts. We keep getting monkeys, and the spin-off being distractions and detractions from the game like this. A debacle. An absolute blight on the game.
Issue isn't pay (their "part time" pay is more than the average aussie).
The issue is there's a directive from c7 to the AFL to get a certain result, and the umpires are the cronies who do the dirty work.
Nothing will change until c7 is out of the picture

And here I was thinking that he was getting booed for nothing more than being a flog.

Now at least I know why people look at me strangely at games when I boo him and call him a flog.

It's actually really frustrating now thinking how silly I must have looked 🤬

Remove this Banner Ad

Back