Autopsy Booing Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s really started last year in the corresponding game where he flopped 2 times in contests and the umps came over, dusted him off and handed him two goals. One of them was close to the worst flop I’ve seen. It was shown on the big screen and we’ve booed ever since

He's a bloody diver. Looked after by the umpires beyond a joke.

Add to that his disgraceful money grabbing effort at Gold Coast, where he personally sent their development backwards 5 years. A joke of a captain. Great player, but not a club player.

Gary Ablett is free to "like" that homosexuals will all burn in hell, if that's what he wants to do. Think he's a toerag for his views.

I was there yesterday and didn’t like it. To say I ******* hate the cats is an understatement, but I don’t have an issue with Ablett. The booing started in the game late last year where he staged got a few bs free kicks. I don’t buy the anti gay piece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard half a headline on Ch7 news talking about Cats fans turning on their own. re The Booening. So I guess they found one Cat fornicator who was pissed off?

Didn't listen to the thing, just highlighting in case others want to go find it for their own reference.

I'm gonna have a glass of single malt

There's plenty of people who will go to the footy who could be booing for a variety of ugly reasons, whether they be related to race, gender, religion, or sexual preference. This is the group that so many in the media assume make up 100% of the booing.

Then there's probably a larger group who will boo in response to something football related with that player. That could be for a s**t act in that game or one in the recent past. They may even boo because they're a really good player on the opposition side and they want to try and put them off. This group is as old as booing at the footy itself. Unfortunately unless the player in question clearly did something bad in that game the media will assume it's something from the former group. And sometimes people from that former group will use justifications from this group to get away with it.

Then there's the last group. It is by far the biggest group of people who are booing. These are the people who are booing because they are sheep. They don't have any real reason for booing except for "because everyone else was". It's an easy sound to make, and it sounds very loud when thousands are doing it at once. But above all else, it doesn't require you to think. It's the most basic form of sledging and it doesn't require you to think of something witty, articulate it while yelling, or deal with the social repercussions if it lands flat and fails to get a laugh.

I ask you, will you boo say, Houli, because he is a Muslim and they don't believe in Homosexuality?
Will you boo hawhtorn players because they kick goals against your geelong?

I was watching it on tv and I’ve gotta say I found the booing of Ablett amusing . Any excuse to boo him is fine.
But seriously if Ablett copped it for liking Foloas tweet, he deserved it.
Religion is supposed to preach goodwill to all fellow humans, not just those who happen to think like you - that’s called brainwashing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back