Autopsy Booing Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

The Goodes s**t made me uncomfortable but there's nothing wrong with booing, Ablett has proven he belongs to the bottom tier category of human beings along with being a diving whiner, who cares? The media who had a fit about booing a drug cheat?

Ablett can within reason do whatever the hell he 'likes', including be an awesome footballer and he's bald, and so am I and if I played I'd boo myself so I booed him in my lavish living room that smells of mahogany and social workers.

Maybe they just don’t want another player experiencing what Adam Goodes had to endure

Which is why they need to take a completely different approach. Everything the AFL did re Goodes only inflamed the situation. Ignore it and it will go away.

There's plenty of people who will go to the footy who could be booing for a variety of ugly reasons, whether they be related to race, gender, religion, or sexual preference. This is the group that so many in the media assume make up 100% of the booing.

Then there's probably a larger group who will boo in response to something football related with that player. That could be for a s**t act in that game or one in the recent past. They may even boo because they're a really good player on the opposition side and they want to try and put them off. This group is as old as booing at the footy itself. Unfortunately unless the player in question clearly did something bad in that game the media will assume it's something from the former group. And sometimes people from that former group will use justifications from this group to get away with it.

Then there's the last group. It is by far the biggest group of people who are booing. These are the people who are booing because they are sheep. They don't have any real reason for booing except for "because everyone else was". It's an easy sound to make, and it sounds very loud when thousands are doing it at once. But above all else, it doesn't require you to think. It's the most basic form of sledging and it doesn't require you to think of something witty, articulate it while yelling, or deal with the social repercussions if it lands flat and fails to get a laugh.

Looks like I’m in the sheep category.

But then I have to say “baa”.

I don't care. Hodge, Mitch and now Sicily get or got booed regularly. Water off a duck's back.

Burgoyne, Gunston and I would expect Wingard to be booed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL and Jeff, having seen the result of preaching over the Goodes affair are totally stupid highlighting this.

FWIW Ablett got a a fair old boing in the same fixture next year because of some ridiculous flopping

On 360 Gerard and Robbo did extended hand whinging saying they hoped it would stop, but really guys we know you were also fanning the flames

His post was anti gay in line with his beliefs, but why are we choosing to be only offended by one part of his post? I know I'm going to hell according to the post, just don't get the outrage.
View attachment 660333

I'm probably guilty of seven of the eight sins and cannot repent as per being Atheist, I'm not outraged

Looks like the good old Galatians knew how to party

The AFL and Jeff, having seen the result of preaching over the Goodes affair are totally stupid highlighting this.

FWIW Ablett got a a fair old boing in the same fixture next year because of some ridiculous flopping

On 360 Gerard and Robbo did extended hand whinging saying they hoped it would stop, but really guys we know you were also fanning the flames

Gerard and Robbo are a good barometer of what other football journalists think. But not much else.

Chris Scott should have done the sensible and responsible thing and played the whole thing down but no has to be the attention seeker trying to make us out to be a bunch of jealous imbeciles which he is than infering that the club itself is setting a bad example. Can't help himself. Clarko hopefully remembers this for next time we play. Were not playing tiddlywinks here guess what if we want to boo the umpires love child than we can do what we want

The afl have an integrity dept and a social inclusion dept?

Anyone like to post an AFL org chart I need a laugh.

Your footy taxes at work. Clearly nothing’s in the same universe of a salary cap for the fat cat afl
If the AFL has an integrity dept, they should have a look at the umpiring from r2 Hawks v Bulldogs.

The afl have an integrity dept and a social inclusion dept?

Anyone like to post an AFL org chart I need a laugh.

Your footy taxes at work. Clearly nothing’s in the same universe of a salary cap for the fat cat afl

The irony of an integrity deptartment after what we have witnessed from the AFL recently goes without saying.

Social inclusion... Hmm... Well when I was growing up there was this really socially inclusive thing going on. It didn't matter what race or ethnic background you were, what religion you were, your social standing, how smart or not you were, what school you went to, country or city person, what you did for a job, what your politics was everyone was welcome to participate and did so with great results such that people flocked to see it... IT WAS CALLED FOOTY!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back