Booing of Gary Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Gary liked it because of Israel's strong commitment to his faith. If you read Gary's instagram post you would know this. This has nothing to do with homosexuality.
It has something to do with it. I don't think you can say it's totally irrelevant.

As a Geelong supporter, he was wrong to 'like' it without considering the broader implications for gay people, he had a plausible reason for liking it, he apologised, we move on. No reason to hang him over it.

Religion is not an excuse for being extremely homophobic. I know a number of people who identify as Christians who believe gay people should be treated equally. Ablett and Kennedy are both filled with hate and they have no excuses for their abhorrent views.

I agree. There are two types of people: those who totally agree with me, and those who have no excuses for their abhorrent views.

Only one on that list is a crime. Also being part of a football club is not a good place to be if you want to avoid drunks, adulterers, liars, fornicators and atheists.
Falou never said they were crimes in our current world they were crimes of his religion therefore the commited would not take entry to heaven. Too true you will get most if not all those things at a footy club not at all doubting that.

They are discriminating against Ablett's faith /Goodes

Well actually no, Hawks supporters are just classless morons and always boo him, nothing to do with the like of Folau's tweet at all Watson you muppet.

Have to agree.

I remember Hawk supporters booing him last year too. I wish it wouldn't happen and it's certainly not about the Folau thing.

Utter nonsense.
Deserting the club that gave him his opportunity to leave for megabucks isn't utter nonsense. Then getting a heap of stick for being a poor leader at the suns is the icing on the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes was being booed because he wanted equality, Ablett is being booed because he believes one group deserves to burn for eternity. I think booing of Ablett is progress.
Goodes was booed because he used to go in with his knees and stage for frees. Another who uses to wave his arms at the umpires for frees when he was already an umpires pet.

Pretty apt comparison with the Goodes situation really.

There are a number of reasons that people may choose to boo him. It is possible that a tiny minority in the crowd may be doing it because of his religious beliefs.

The media will then choose to highlight the most divisive reason possible as a cause for the boos.

All that is needed is for the president of Geelong to come out and say the boos are down to the bigotry of the fans.

Then have people try a manipulation tactic of "If you boo even not for bigoted reasons you are allowing bigots to hide and enabling them. GAJ thinks it is bigoted so therefore from now anybody that boos him will be seen as bigoted whether or not that is there intention. Booing is now a bigoted act because GAJ and I said so."

Then people will get angry at being told not to boo and keep booing and the media will do their best to blow up the shitstorm even further.

Last edited:
You people continue to be blinded by one word in what he wrote open your eyes and read the whole thing its all about his religion i dont believe in it but why hate on someone for their beliefs if you believe they are wrong doesnt mean your right.

Then why do lefties get out there and protest free speech? #confused

Um hawthorn fans have booed ablett on every possession in every game since he returned to geelong.

Why are we talking about this?
Thank you. Part of it is you getting 2 x 1st rounders for Ablett going to the Suns whilst we get pick 19 for Buddy. Now he is back having got his own way again it all stinks from our point of view. Plus his sense of entitlement rubs it in.

Gets booed as he is a spoilt brat who showed no loyalty leaving Geelong for megabucks then cried to get back to Geelong. Stages for frees throws his arms about at umpires no wonder every other side can't stand him.
Played a vintage game today.

Seriously Gavin.
Hawthorn fan whining is alarming

Lost to Dogs and there were threads calling for Royal Commission into umpring

Lost to Saints and calls for afl to change rules on injured players extended bench

Lost to Geelong - Ablett booed and calls for media to investigate Dangerfield “diving”

I mean really you guys set the standard for whining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back