Booing of Gary Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bible states that suicide is a sin; given his personal situation, would Gaz be happy for someone to tell him his sister is currently burning in eternal damnation and he’ll never see her again? Would he be impressed by their commitment to faith? We understand that some people have these beliefs about gays, but the moment you publicise them is the moment you demonstrate what a s**t human being you are. Not content to live your life but to shame and humiliate people about theirs.

And the thing is, if you look online, you’ll see plenty of people reinterpreting the bible to say suicide does not lead to hell. That’s because we’ve come to learn more about mental illness, maybe they’ve been affected by suicide, so it suits their interests to find a new interpretation. Given how briefly homosexuality is mentioned in the bible, it would be very easy to reinterpret that. The fact they don’t illustrates exactly how bigoted these campaigners are.

I don’t know if he was booed for his views but he should be.

I'm a Geelong supporter but you'll never find me supporting an Ablett as a human being. That said, it was hilarious hearing Watson and Taylor try to claim the boos were the result of Ablett's social media activity. He cops those boos from Hawks fans (and Pies fans, and I'm sure other fanbases I'm forgetting) every time. Maybe some people were booing his "like" (and fair enough, if you were) but generally they're just booing him because he's a champion and/or they don't like his on-field conduct.

They booed neville bruns for eight years cos he had his jaw broken with his back turned from a king hit by their player.

These are hawthorn supporters. They arent all that bright.

Indeed- neither are born again Christians- like GA snr- adulterer, drinker, drug user, etc- soz God- Ok cool- come into heaven.
If you're going to hate on people doing things that a mere- soz God- will take away any 'punishment'- that aint too bright.

WTF is the OP on about???? Ablett has been booed at for the last 2-3 years. Collingwood fan base seems to be better at it.....

Can't tell with WC though, they boo everything so that it moulds into one long booooooooooooooo for 4 quarters....
It’s bizzare.
They go to the game for a good boo, I’ve never seen or heard anything like it.
They actually boo on the train in the way in

No he hasn’t. People don’t give a s**t about all that stuff behind the forums. I live in Perth, am surrounded by West Coadt supporters, and every single one of them thinks Ablett is a legend of the game. No one cares beyond our own little internet bubble.

Don't take this the wrong way... but Perth is a backward and irrelevant city.

No he hasn’t. People don’t give a s**t about all that stuff behind the forums. I live in Perth, am surrounded by West Coadt supporters, and every single one of them thinks Ablett is a legend of the game. No one cares beyond our own little internet bubble.
So you think the following doesn’t tarnish his legacy?

A) Bailing to GC for $$
B) Being a s**t captain there, and
C) Crawling back for one more crack at a flag in the twilight of his career

This latest installment is merely window dressing.

Goodes was being booed because he wanted equality, Ablett is being booed because he believes one group deserves to burn for eternity. I think booing of Ablett is progress.
Nah. Goodes was booed because he is a big sooky blouse. Prior to AFL media brainwashing, most diehard opposition fans didn't like him and thought he was bit of "protected species" w***er. That's how it started. From there it gathered momentum and other people jumped on board for various reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bible states that suicide is a sin; given his personal situation, would Gaz be happy for someone to tell him his sister is currently burning in eternal damnation and he’ll never see her again? Would he be impressed by their commitment to faith? We understand that some people have these beliefs about gays, but the moment you publicise them is the moment you demonstrate what a s**t human being you are. Not content to live your life but to shame and humiliate people about theirs.

And the thing is, if you look online, you’ll see plenty of people reinterpreting the bible to say suicide does not lead to hell. That’s because we’ve come to learn more about mental illness, maybe they’ve been affected by suicide, so it suits their interests to find a new interpretation. Given how briefly homosexuality is mentioned in the bible, it would be very easy to reinterpret that. The fact they don’t illustrates exactly how bigoted these campaigners are.

I don’t know if he was booed for his views but he should be.

Agree. If I threatened to burn and torture someone, I would face criminal charges. Hateful morons who deliver this same threat because their fairy-story book instructs them to should also face legal consequences. It takes a genuine piece of garbage to continue to belong to a cult which promises this treatment of others.

Why, there's no equivalency between inciting hatred online and calling out racism against you like Goodes
Sorry. I didn't object to Goodes calling out racism. I objected to his very deliberate choice in identifying solely as an indigenous man when his father was white and many of his ancestors were white. He has never, to my knowledge acknowledged this fact. If I had a Nigerian mum and Swedish dad and only ever spoke about my dad and my Swedish heritage and never acknowledged my Nigerian mum, I can guarantee that people would be branding me a racist or at least someone who was ashamed of my African heritage.
He is also on record as saying the worst racism he copped as a kid came from indigenous people who called him "coconut" when he was a kid-you know brown on the outside but white on the inside. So if you are going to condemn racism and racists, make sure you target all of them rather than a select group (which ironically is an act of racism).

Sorry. I didn't object to Goodes calling out racism. I objected to his very deliberate choice in identifying solely as an indigenous man when his father was white and many of his ancestors were white. He has never, to my knowledge acknowledged this fact. If I had a Nigerian mum and Swedish dad and only ever spoke about my dad and my Swedish heritage and never acknowledged my Nigerian mum, I can guarantee that people would be branding me a racist or at least someone who was ashamed of my African heritage.
He is also on record as saying the worst racism he copped as a kid came from indigenous people who called him "coconut" when he was a kid-you know brown on the outside but white on the inside. So if you are going to condemn racism and racists, make sure you target all of them rather than a select group (which ironically is an act of racism).

Hahahahaha wow. You certainly have embarrassed yourself with that post. Take a break from the Internet for a few days.

Ablett likes a social media post and gets booed and is supposedly a sh!t human.

Whitten rants on You Tube about homosexuality with Sandy Roberts laughing in the background and gets a bridge named after him. Why haven't Teddy and Sandy been outed as anti gay campaigners.

Ignorance personified

Religion is not an excuse for being extremely homophobic. I know a number of people who identify as Christians who believe gay people should be treated equally. Ablett and Kennedy are both filled with hate and they have no excuses for their abhorrent views.

Are they really Christians then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back