Booing of Gary Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those posters who think the booing of a player is okay, did you see the look on Pendel’s face when he was booed. He looked genuinely perplexed. Full marks to Bucks for calling it out. It is a shabby look and sound

after pendles was being given an award for sportsmanship.... knuckledraggers ....

For those posters who think the booing of a player is okay, did you see the look on Pendel’s face when he was booed. He looked genuinely perplexed.

If he doesn't work it out, I'm sure someone will tell him. But it won't be the media because they're forbidden from criticising umpires.

1) Yes, I'm sure that this wasn't the first time she did drugs, but
2) What on earth would being a stripper have *anything* to do with this?
Well, strippers and drug usage are historically and culturally linked.
Also, some people refer to this girl as an “ innocent young girl, “ experience would
tell us that strippers are typically not devoid of worldly experience and are well and
truly making their own decisions.
So, mentioning stripping is a counterpoint to the dishonest posters who would have
us believe that GAS being with this girl was akin to picking her up from sunday
school and introducing her to sex and drugs.

He is. And the majority of people are free to have the opinion he’s a bellend because if it, and even share it with other people. People sure seem to forget the flip side of the coin when it comes to freedom of expression.

Quality footballer, average bloke, it seems.
What are you saying? I never said people can’t have their opinion, of course they can, I
was defending Ablett and his right to HIS opinion.
It is the people I am arguing with who seem to think that he shouldn’t.
It’s always the crazy, leftard, SJW mob who believe free speech is only applicable
if it agrees with their views, anything that doesn’t is unacceptable and becomes hate
speech.
Perhaps reading posts a little more slowly will help with your comprehension.

Me too. Except imagine what sort of life that poor kid would have. Ablett and his bat-s**t crazy old man would have put him through multiple "Christian re-education" programs before the kid even hit his teens.
The whole pray the gay away idea doesn't do much for the whole christians are a bit simple stereotype. It's probably a good thing Gaz can play footy, he'd likely be digging pits and hauling bricks somewhere in Ballarat otherwise.

For those posters who think the booing of a player is okay, did you see the look on Pendel’s face when he was booed. He looked genuinely perplexed. Full marks to Bucks for calling it out. It is a shabby look and sound

The booing of Pendles was a disgrace. I agree that he looked genuinely perplexed. Later he said it didn't bother him and that he also heard a lot of cheers which is true. What someone says in front of the camera and what they really feel deep down are often at odds and I think he was disappointed by the booing and maybe, just maybe, a little hurt by it.

There are far worse things than booing someone, but to me it does indicate a flaw in someone's character that they freely engage in this behavior

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are far worse things than booing someone, but to me it does indicate a flaw in someone's character that they freely engage in this behavior

It's not rocket science you cheer who you like
You boo who you dislike

Sport is a pantomime where you can have freedom of expression and let your opinion of said players/teams/umpires/AFL ceo's be known!

100% AFL are soft for not following the ARU's lead. And yet they're happy to copy crap gimmicks from the cricket, NBA and NFL.

Lol sacked for liking a post, removing the like and apologising. You do realise that this wasn't Folau's first homophobic social media post don't you? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-17/israel-folau-is-prepared-to-walk-away-from-rugby/9665850 and that he was warned not to make any social media post that “condemns, vilifies or discriminates against people on the basis of their sexuality”. Seems Israel had chances, if you want to follow ARU's lead then it's only fair Ablett gets that same warning.

If the AFL have no issue with a convicted wife beater broadcasting their game then I don't think it would be warranted to sack a player for liking a social media post.

Last edited:
because its not in the AFLs best interest to draw attention to this, otherwise they'd be forced to make a tough call. At least the NRL has balls. They'll strip a team of a premiership for cheating, the AFL just ignores it and doesn't want to ruin is "perfect" image.

The NRL are weak after once standing up every team after who has done the same or worse gets a slap on the wrist because they 'learned from over reacting to Melbourne's and forcing a team to play for no points for a year.

Lol sacked for liking a post, removing the like and apologising. You do realise that this wasn't Folau's first homophobic social media post don't you? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-17/israel-folau-is-prepared-to-walk-away-from-rugby/9665850 and that he was warned not to make any social media post that “condemns, vilifies or discriminates against people on the basis of their sexuality”. Seems Israel had chances, if you want to follow ARU's lead then it's only fair Ablett gets that same warning.

If the AFL have no issue with a convicted wife beater broadcasting their game then I don't think it would be warranted to sack a player for liking a social media post.

Sure the difference being that the AFL stated their position on the whole same sex debate demonstrated by changing their logo to YES at the time. Kind of goes against Ablett's own homophobic view.

Sure the difference being that the AFL stated their position on the whole same sex debate demonstrated by changing their logo to YES at the time. Kind of goes against Ablett's own homophobic view.

That isn't the same as a warning, you're trying to make it some implied warning which it is not. Face it you want a different set of rules for Ablett than you do for Folau.

I imagine Ablett's wife would be against him having sex with another man.

What a homophobic mole.

Last edited:
Me too. Except imagine what sort of life that poor kid would have. Ablett and his bat-s**t crazy old man would have put him through multiple "Christian re-education" programs before the kid even hit his teens.

Yeah but there will at least be plenty of gear lying around the house to help ease the pain !!!!

I hope you took the same stance over Adam Goodes who repeatedly chose to focus on only one half of his ancestral roots and showed a willingness to claim he was a victim of racism in a society which has provided him with enormous power and privilege. Like Gazza, he must understand that such a public stance was bound to cause friction and hurt and he should have been willing to face the consequences. Perhaps all those Gazza haters didn't boo him over his support of Folau, but simply because they hate bald men. Who can read the minds and motivations of thousands of people?

You sir, are an idiot

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What are you saying? I never said people can’t have their opinion, of course they can, I
was defending Ablett and his right to HIS opinion.
It is the people I am arguing with who seem to think that he shouldn’t.
It’s always the crazy, leftard, SJW mob who believe free speech is only applicable
if it agrees with their views, anything that doesn’t is unacceptable and becomes hate
speech.
Perhaps reading posts a little more slowly will help with your comprehension.
I’m the one with comprehension problems? Let me say it again slowly. Ablett is entitled to his opinions. Other people are entitled to the opinion that his opinion is stupid. You seem to think Ablett should be free to have his opinion without any scrutiny or consequence. He’s not.

Not one person has told Ablett he can’t have his opinion, just that he’s a bit of a s**t bloke for said opinion.

But say leftard or SJW again, it gives your opinion such gravitas.

Ablett did not demonise homosexuals! He liked a post! He said he did so because he like how Isreal wears his faith in public. There is a massive gulf between what you accused him of and what he did.
Ha! You bought that excuse? Wow

You liking that post means you support its viewpoint. END OF STORY

I booed Gaz when he left Lauren Phillips. WOW WEE!

Also going to bombers/cats game next week, will be interesting game. I’m expecting a few more boos from the bombers faithful.

Pretty sure they hate cats pies hawks equally 😝

Are you suggesting the AFL should have sacked or fined Ablett for liking a post? Unbelievable

But if wrong-thinkers aren't punished then how can we ever achieve ideological purity?!!!!

The people wanting to silence opinions they don't agree with are just a uniform and pair of shiny boots away from oppressing us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back