Bookmark it Richmond v Essendon 2019 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies, Tigers, Dons, Dees, Hawks and even North could all be top 8 next year. I'm tipping Collingwood v Tigers personally.

You're proposing Essendon manage to win a final

Seems unlikely

I'd worry about winning a final too Mr Straight Sets. Maybe the Dons break the hoodoo by knocking the Hawks off?

Ahh the annual Essendon will be awesome in ( inset year here ) thread/ media hype, only for Essendon to show they are just bog average and fail.

No higher than 7th since 2002
No finals win since 2004
Have suffered 10+ defeats in 13 of last 15 seasons

The same could have been said about your mob since 2001. No higher than 5th, 3 finals campaigns where you bounced out immediately. Things change. You turned about and smashed all comers for a flag. Still look strong. My mob won 2 finals despite coming from nearly Fitzroy levels of drek (yeah we got thumped too).

There you have it folks, Dons V Tigers for the 2019 GF put your houses on it, Dons and Tigers the most evenly matched teams in the AFL. Both teams have had massive additions Shiel (Bombers) and Lynch (Tigers), both have strengthened their teams, 1 & 2 during the H&A season and 1 & 2 in the GF.

The only house I would put on this is a house made out of LEGO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hate these threads that state what WILL happen (not what might happen).
Smacks of ignorance and idiodicy.

What if Essendon or Richmond get a bad run of injuries, what if there is a bolter (the last two, even three you could argue, premiers have been bolters).

These threads should be banned, unless you clearly state mulitple reasons for why it'll happen and sign off in some way that it's your opinion and not a foregone conclusion.

VFL would love this to happen. Tom Lynch and Dylan Shiel going head to head in the GF.

Hope it's an interstate Granny in 2019. Haven't had one since 2006 when West Coast beat Sydney by 1 point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back