Prediction Bookmark It!

Remove this Banner Ad

There is something special going on with the Crows after recent medical conditions. Lynch playing like Superman after viral meningitis, then Sloane playing like Hercules after having had concussion. After his appendicitis, I'd expect Betts to return next week and pull out both contenders for goal of the year and mark of the year for the Showdown game. Come on Eddie!

John Who, Jul 28, 2017

Me quoting myself on the prediction Betts was going to pull a blinder on his return for the Showdown game against Port. I didn't emphasise the "bookmark it!" but it was a prediction nevertheless. Betts didn't pull any screamers, but definitely pulled a few goal of the year contenders out of his a$$.
We've definitely been doing well in the medical recovery stakes this year!

My post from the legendary Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING thread in early 2014.
Vooligan said:
This posts sum up my thoughts exactly, and possibly every other Crows fan with knowledge of the game. I am so happy the "bloods culture" is finally falling to pieces. Players are going to be pissed that one person is taking all their money. How long until their young faithful players are requesting trades to other clubs? I wouldn't be surprised if Kurt falls under that banner - how long does he have left? Kurt to Freo, bookmark it. ;)
Okay, so he hasn't exactly gone to Freo (yet!) but they've lost a few players along the way. ;)
(Okay, I got this one wrong)

Posted in Feb 2014
Vooligan said:
Happens every year, I know. But it's hard not to get annoyed when there are some genuinely good teams coming through, and everyone (media, numpties) waste their time talking up North.

Could see West Coast doing much better than North this year. In fact, bookmark it.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
West Coast finished 9th, North finished 6th and played in a Preliminary Final.

Posted October 2013
Meh. We won't pick up Pods. Bookmark it.
Wrong again... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

September 2014
Assuming that Freo lose to Geelong, Collingwood beat Port and Pattersons is booked, there is a solution. Rather than sending Freo to a home final against Collingwood in Victoria, Fremantle may as well use the closest neutral AFL venue available. The obvious answer is......
8.15pm Friday Night -- Fremantle Vs Collingwood @ AAMI Stadium.
Bookmark it ;)
Freo beat Geelong, Port beat Collingwood, and AAMI Stadium would never have been used (yes, I realise I was joking). Wrong again. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

So it looks like I've said "bookmark it" four times in my time on BigFooty, and everyone of them has been wrong. Let's keep it going.

We won't win a flag in 2017, bookmark it.

Last edited:
Found one more "bookmark it" from me, from last month in the Lever thread on the Draft & Trading board.
Strange post.

Crows never wanted to trade Gunston. He requested a trade to Hawthorn, and we took all we could get. He was clearly worth more.

Dangerfield was a restricted free agent. We matched, and a trade was done. However, it seems free agents, in trade, still have a lesser trade value than just being uncontracted. Danger was also 25-26 IIRC. Dangerfield netted us a mid-first rounder and steak knives (very, very average steak knives).

Lever, however, 21 years old, uncontracted, not a free agent, tearing up the competition, and oozes potential. Of course Lever is worth more than Danger was (in 2015) in a trade. If Lever decides to leave, he will get us more than Dangerfield did in a trade. Bookmark it. Gunston was also nowhere near the level that Lever is at now. Lever has played an extra season and 33 more games than Gunston did, so the Gunston/Lever comparison is a poor one.
I still standby this bookmark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back