Boomer, ouch

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL/AFL games record holder Brent Harvey suffers horrific broken leg playing local footy​

North Melbourne legend Brent Harvey has been forced to wait 50 minutes for an ambulance after suffering a horrific broken leg playing local footy. See the pics. WARNING: Graphic.

@ben_higgins84

less than 2 min read
April 15, 2023 - 4:16PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/.../2f383c1f7c29dc7381424d6c45358457#share-tools

Sport

North Melbourne legend Brent Harvey has been taken to hospital after suffering a horror injury playing for his suburban club.
The VFL/AFL games record holder was stretchered off the ground after badly breaking his leg in the first quarter of North Heidelberg’s Round 1 clash against Heidelberg.
In a seemingly innocuous incident, Harvey won the ball in a contest before going to ground awkwardly.
He remained on the ground holding his leg before medical staff from both clubs came to his aid.
[PLAYERCARD]Brent Harvey[/PLAYERCARD] broke his leg in the first quarter on Saturday. Picture: Andy Brownbill

Brent Harvey broke his leg in the first quarter on Saturday. Picture: Andy Brownbill
The AFL/VFL games record holder was forced to wait more than 50 minutes for an ambulance. Picture: Andy Brownbill

The AFL/VFL games record holder was forced to wait more than 50 minutes for an ambulance. Picture: Andy Brownbill
The game between North Heidelberg and Heidelberg was stopped for several minutes. Picture: Andy Brownbill

The game between North Heidelberg and Heidelberg was stopped for several minutes. Picture: Andy Brownbill
The game was stopped for several minutes while the current Kangaroos development coach was stabilised and carried off.
Harvey was forced to wait more than 50 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.
Harvey has been a regular in the North Heidelberg line-up since his AFL retirement, playing whenever his North Melbourne commitments allowed.

He and his brother Shane were a part of the Bulldogs’ 2017 Northern Football Netball League Division 2 premiership, while Shane has kicked more than 1000 goals for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor boomer. I can barely recall him being injured. Hope he recovers well
It's incredible how durable he was. Last injury was the elbow dislocation against Richmond in 2009 IIRC? He had the elbow strapped when he returned later in the year.

s**t like that happens, dunno why people say he has to give it away. He'll rehabilitate and maybe be back for the end of the season. All the best boomer.
i actually agree with you and that sort of sentiment is just nonsense, right. play while you can and while you enjoy it

but sheesh, back from that sort of broken leg by the end of the year? I know he's got some super genes on him, but that would be some sort of recovery haha

i actually agree with you and that sort of sentiment is just nonsense, right. play while you can and while you enjoy it

but sheesh, back from that sort of broken leg by the end of the year? I know he's got some super genes on him, but that would be some sort of recovery haha
Probably a 12 weeker maybe? I thought they heal quicker and better when they put a plate in rather than go for a cast without surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back