Boomers and/or Young People Suck

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the poor bugger.

From memory he funded one of his friends app ideas which was a queuing app for cafes called NoQ.

I am pretty sure that they sold that and used the money to invest in the next project which they sold a couple of years ago.

He's done very well for someone who just invested into someone else's idea.

Yeah, spent some formative years in Hackham, the parents bought their first house there in their 40’s in the 80’s. Thats all they could afford.
Moving from Payneham as a 12 year old was a culture shock, toughened me up a bit though.

They had it so easy but. Bright lights, big city of Hackham West; Morphett Vale adjacent

Living the dream, back when it all just rained gold from the sky

They had it so easy but. Bright lights, big city of Hackham West; Morphett Vale adjacent

Sheesh, Morphett Vale was the unattainable dream!

Every generation has crept out further and further, we have hit a generation that doesn’t want to comply that’s all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I once stole a 20 my mum left out for the milk man. The teachers called her when they realised I was buying everyone food at the school canteen. Back then a 20 dollar note meant you were rich.
Can remember when the milkman was a horse and cart, was always fascinated that the horse would just walk along and stop to wait for the milkman

I like that part of the world. When I was a kid, I lived in Hallett Cove and would visit my two cousins in Reynella and Hackham. Lots of fond memories going down to junkfood corner with whatever coins we could scrounge. Playing computer games on my cousins 386 SX.
Junkfood Corner. Been a while but that was the halfway point where we would meet the daughter and grandkids sometimes. Aptly named.

Last edited:

I don't think anyone is suggesting 'everyone had it easy'. On average, housing cost less, and the 'affordable' housing, which does exist, is getting less suited to the lifestyle many people envisaged growing up.

That's capitalism - but if I was in Sydney I wouldn't really blame someone for believing they'll never own a house in the metro area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back