Boomers and/or Young People Suck

Remove this Banner Ad

It is, it’s gruesome stuff at the end

I led an organisation that had claims against it, and when you hear the stories of the plaintiffs it’s horrendous.

You’re being sued, and it’s really no one’s fault, but your sympathies are with the claimants.

The law has been changed in the UK to move claims through quickly because of the speed in which it comes on and concludes. No cure or treatment

Wife’s cousin, who I know well, bloke too young in his early 40’s has it from the family farm in Northern Ireland. Decaying shed roof’s most likely

He hasn’t got long
my grandpa died of it, his heart gave out before the end which everyone was thankful that it did. I have never been a fan of right to die with how it could be potentially abused but after seeing that was enough to change my mind

my grandpa died of it, his heart gave out before the end which everyone was thankful that it did. I have never been a fan of right to die with how it could be potentially abused but after seeing that was enough to change my mind

I was never a fan of right to die until I saw the people handing out "how to vote" cards at an election

This milk talk...

back when I was a kid, my sister couldn't have dairy...obviously now i may be ropeable watching her slather Brie on crackers so it meant we only had margarine and...powdered milk. I reckon it was Sunshine or some s**t and that was what we had.

I didn't know better until I was 7 and we went on a camp...to a dairy farm. That first morning, pouring fresh milk onto my cornflakes and home made butter onto toast. My brother and I made a pact when I came back that when we left home, no more of that powdery, plastic shite. I reckon one of my first comments when Mrs S and I moved in together was I drink full cream milk with cream on top and I do not eat aunder any circumstances

Can remember when the milkman was a horse and cart, was always fascinated that the horse would just walk along and stop to wait for the milkman
Is this in glass bottles? I used to live in a house that had a spot for glass milk bottles out front, but we were well in the days of plastic and cardboard so never saw it used

My niece and her boyfriend are in their mid/late 20’s, live at home (together) rent free, and have a joint income north of $200k

They constantly complain they can’t save for a deposit for a house. Have been trying for a few years and making no headway.

But he’s just upgraded to a brand new SUV post Christmas

It’s all about choices, and frankly I don’t see anything wrong with that

is there any reason why you wouldn't just compare wage increases to house price increases over the decades and see if they're out of wack rather than using individual examples? or am i missing something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw some of that stuff recently.

Hilariously and bizzarely over the weekend i struggled to find a place that wanted it as legal tender.
For those who use exclusively credit card, please keep more than $8.95 in your account so I don’t have to wait while you transfer another $10.
Jesus the amount of people that do this.

there was also a soft drink company that would call around once a week and drop off all different flavours of drink in wooden crates can’t remember their name
Youve got the old ticker thinking. I recall Loys, Williams, Mission. A story from a family friend I recall is their son was drinking straight out of the bottle and something was stopping the drink coming out. It turned out to be a dead mouse. QC was not the best in those days.

Youve got the old ticker thinking. I recall Loys, Williams, Mission. A story from a family friend I recall is their son was drinking straight out of the bottle and something was stopping the drink coming out. It turned out to be a dead mouse. QC was not the best in those days.
I think it may have been Loys

I don't think anyone is suggesting 'everyone had it easy'. On average, housing cost less, and the 'affordable' housing, which does exist, is getting less suited to the lifestyle many people envisaged growing up.

Nail. Hammer. 🔨 etc

Life is about trade offs. Always has been, always will be

My parents lived in Somerton Park after they were married. Bought amongst the vines in Morphett Vale for the extra space, always planned to move back after a few years

just never happened

You pays your money, you takes your choice

What I object to is not the idea that’s it’s hard today, it is, but it was always hard. People made choices then that don’t accord with the lifestyle expectations of today

If it’s important to you, and I’m not saying it should be, but if it is there are always options

Remove this Banner Ad

Back