Boomers vs Kids these days

Remove this Banner Ad

has anyone dialled in other costs to this home affordability question? What are power prices, petrol prices and food prices now compared to past? Even if housing affordability is the same as a function of one's pay, the ability to allocate that amount of pay depends on what other things cost

also, in the past bank fees were non existent relative to now. If you just compare raw interest rates that makes the old case look better, since we really should be dialling in fees as added interest to modern loans which blunts the affordability more for modern houses

the funny thing is, this is all looking at Adelaide, one of the least housing affordability affected cities in Aust, should try having a look at some others

rubbish

Only shows the Millenials lack of ambition, which I guess this thread is all about " my life is too hard, you had it better"

Am I doing it right?
Stems from the whole everyone gets an award idiocy that’s been brought into schools. I don’t think people’s mental health is any better for all the molly coddling that parents and educators have been giving kids.

has anyone dialled in other costs to this home affordability question? What are power prices, petrol prices and food prices now compared to past? Even if housing affordability is the same as a function of one's pay, the ability to allocate that amount of pay depends on what other things cost

also, in the past bank fees were non existent relative to now. If you just compare raw interest rates that makes the old case look better, since we really should be dialling in fees as added interest to modern loans which blunts the affordability more for modern houses

the funny thing is, this is all looking at Adelaide, one of the least housing affordability affected cities in Aust, should try having a look at some others
If you looked at what people consumed in baby boomer times and applied it to millennials the millennials would be massively in front.
The cost of living is way cheaper now than any time in history.
If you think you should be able to purchase a home where your parents did it makes a big difference where that was. If it was Elizabeth it should be fine and will be comparable but if it was in Prospect well you’ll need to spend a lot more because the area is in much higher demand now.

Last edited:
If you looked at what people consumed in baby boomer times and applied it to millennials the millennials would be massively in front.
The cost of living is way cheaper now than any time in history.
If you think you should be able to purchase a home where your parents did it makes a big difference where that was. If it was Elizabeth it should be fine and will be comparable but if it was in Prospect well you’ll need to spend a lot more because the area is in much higher demand now.

DId you read that article? Its hilariously bad. There is an amount of things in our society that are better than ever (but remember past and current performance does not guarantee future performance) but housing affordability, wages and the prices of some key goods we spend our money on are not them.

DId you read that article? Its hilariously bad. There is an amount of things in our society that are better than ever (but remember past and current performance does not guarantee future performance) but housing affordability, wages and the prices of some key goods we spend our money on are not them.
Hard to find good help nowadays.

I think there might be some Gen X’s about too...

I think everyone here should declare their generation up front.

Xer here. Just. It’s a burden being the cool generation but “what are ya gunna do” 🤷🏻‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back