Boomers vs Kids these days

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
tbt.gif

For the love of god, somebody shut this down now before it gets out of hand.

Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
tbt.gif

For the love of god, somebody shut this down now before it gets out of hand.
I'd prefer this to be the place. That way I can ignore it without getting baited with new posts, only to find poop.

The Matthew Nicks new coach thread:
Drowning%20dumpster%20fire.gif

119others

The Crows are coming
Apr 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I be Honest, I have a Lot to thank for the Xennials and Millennials if not for them I would not have been in a postion to retire comfortable,
Yep, and this is the truth i hear daily. Boomers thankful that their 'shrewd' buying of a property 20 -30 years ago (any property as it turns out) has made them rich, of course by the younger generation being forced to pay 3-4 x RELATIVELY MORE on income levels these days. Too bad the younger generation is struggling under the weight of massive debts just trying to make ends meet (thankfully boomers also own most of the bank shares so the large net interest margins experienced by our Big 4 banks allows the boomers to generate the worlds highest income levels in retirement from the share market to allow them to keep them in the manner they are accustomed to).

My more astute, educated, honest and self-aware boomer clients actually say ' we have totally ***** things for the younger generation', we 'feel guilty how much better off we are' and 'we are the lucky generation'.

Others think they have become wealthy due to anything but the luck of when they were born and just dont get it. Its easier to ignore the truth and blame the 'avocado generation' for all their many issues being faced.

EDIT

And I do also acknowledge my posts purely relate to ECONOMIC issues. The current generations (myself a 'Gen X' and subsequent) have had much less impact (or no) exposure on the very serious and scary issues like Vietnam, Sth Korea and Middle East wars. Anyone serving for the country from previous or current generations deserves the utmost respect for the service and bravery shown, and I am genuinely sorry if any of my previous posts have offended anyone in this regard.

Last edited:

LittleCrowBoy

All Australian
Mar 4, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I got 3 kids finishing high school over the next 3 years.
Its going to be VERY hard for them as the reality of the Covid recession starts to bite.
Living in the s**t hole that is Victoria doesnt help.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
havent heard of any boomers dying taking photos for instagram o_O
Thats cause many boomers are *in clueless when it comes to using modern tech..

My old man came top of his class of 40 students in year 12 high school... went to uni, studied architecture.. went on to own his own architecture and construction firm for 50 years until he retired a couple of years back..

He’s had Iphone’s for 10 years now.. do you think he knows how to send a picture message to anyone with it?...

0A124875-CD77-498C-A6C9-A90AE4591743.gif

Instagram?... no chance!..

Last edited:
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Gen X:
We don't give a brass razoo about either of you.
Deal with it.
Gen X are the awkward middle child of generations, caught half way between boomer and millennials. Savvy enough to work a smart phone, old enough to see Star Wars in its original run.

Last edited:
Back