Boomers vs Kids these days

Remove this Banner Ad

I literally (figuratively) have no idea what your point is.
I believe feenix67 suggested the method of assessing unemployment rate on the graph has changed. Maybe suggesting now is just as bad as 80’s and 90’s. But the graph doesn’t show it.
I was recounting my memory of how past recessions affected the economy through downturns from the 80’s to now. The “recession we had to have” was worst than now. It wasn’t just me and other young people. My old man had 25 years of clients and experience behind him at that stage but was working 3 days a week to. In fact he started supervising community service workers on Saturdays as a side gig to make ends meet through that stage.

Youse is one of my favourite words. It is a totally legit (albeit a bit archaic) word for plural you.

Jeff Fenech's iconic "I love youse all" is, like, totes grammatical and stuff.
Youse is a made up word for people who don't realise You is both singular and plural.

I get it will eventually be a word simply due to the amount of people who use it, but as a word it sounds terrible.

Youse is a made up word for people who don't realise You is both singular and plural.

I get it will eventually be a word simply due to the amount of people who use it, but as a word it sounds terrible.
Sorry nanna. You are sounding like my ex wife
Fortunately I stopped listening to her ages ago to.

Meh. You know all words are made up, right?

It prolly stems from French vous and/or Irish yez, and has been around for >100 years, so y'all better get used to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I don’t expect tenants to pay for my retirement. They can chose to rent accommodation from myself or not. It’s their choice 100% what they do.

People could totally elect to be homeless instead.

You own those properties because you absolutely don't expect to derive income for them, despite having just described them as funding your retirement.

Sure thing.

People could totally elect to be homeless instead.

You own those properties because you absolutely don't expect to derive income for them, despite having just described them as funding your retirement.

Sure thing.
Whatever. I don’t really understand your gripe.
If I was invested in Telstra shares everyone with a Telstra account would be funding my retirement.
The other option is to piss it all up against the wall and rely on a government pension.
Then whine that I can only afford to eat cat food.

Whatever. I don’t really understand your gripe.
If I was invested in Telstra shares everyone with a Telstra account would be funding my retirement.
The other option is to piss it all up against the wall and rely on a government pension.
Then whine that I can only afford to eat cat food.

The difference is that you owning telstra shares doesn't mean something that should be a fundemental human right, shelter, is less affordable for others.

The difference is that you owning telstra shares doesn't mean something that should be a fundemental human right, shelter, is less affordable for others.
But it does incentivise higher fees for essential services: basically the same argument.

Not everyone can afford to own a house. That would be the case even if boomers didn't exist. To rent, someone needs to own the house.

Property ownership is not fundamentally an unethical investment.

Have you checked your super, some of them invest in residential properties.

nope, mine aren't.

You know you can pick where they invest your super right?

I also don't invest in fossil fuels (both because they are ethically objectionable and because they're a dumb investment because eventually the gov has to stop propping them up)

nope, mine aren't.

You know you can pick where they invest your super right?

I also don't invest in fossil fuels (both because they are ethically objectionable and because they're a dumb investment because eventually the gov has to stop propping them up)
I believe I have a full understanding of How my Super works and how to access it, I been in a DIY setup for Years,
Interesting about Your super, at your age and skill set, I would have thought you would opt for a Balanced Portfolio,

"we" was talking about most of my generation. Unfortunately I've yet to find a woman willing to put up with me for the long term lol.

Also yes you're right that a 45 minute communte is doable if not ideal, I'll agree with you there (I'd actually prefer if it was 45 minutes via bus or train than car since at least that way you can read a book or some such).

I am further north than people on here are guessing about me; so yes being in a smaller city does mean I can rent closer to work than I would otherwise be able to. If I was in a capital the rent I pay I would definately be commuting that long or longer.

I bought a paper every morning. These days I'd probably have earphones on and watch TV or listen to the radio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back