Boomers vs the rest

Remove this Banner Ad

How is this in any way relevant to what's being discussed?

You're just doing that thing where you try to redirect the discussion. Demanding people worship the flag or some such nationalistic nonsense. It's very dull and repetitive.

It's relevant because that's the reality of why it's a paradise and I was only using the metrics of not being a warzone or subject to an economic disaster.

The broader you get the better Australia is.

It's relevant because that's the reality of why it's a paradise and I was only using the metrics of not being a warzone or subject to an economic disaster.

Again. None of which is relevant.

The system isn't perfect - no system is - and pretending otherwise is simply ignorance. Are you ignorant Taylor?

So we end up back here.

My PhD supervisor would have a field day with you and your use of moralistic language.

I think it's impossible to take someone seriously when they say the system isn't perfect if they can't first recognise the objective reality that Australia is a paradise for human existence in the context of human existence ever and anywhere.

You can't plot a course without a start point Daniel Jackson.
ozywwTxf9.jpg

Again. None of which is relevant.

So we end up back here.
Wow !
The more you post the more obvious it is how blinded you are by your rhetoric.

If you can’t see Taylors point that in comparison to almost every other nation, Australia has on average a very high standard of living then it’s hard to take what you are saying seriously.

Yes there are people living in cars and doing it tough
But you know what the difference is in this country ?
Those people can walk ( or be assisted ) into a government or private agency where they can recieve financial , legal and medical assistance.
All free of charge

We do have a great country and it is the envy of most of the world and to deny that to suit your blinkered agenda is a bit embarrassing TBH .

As she mentioned, even having power and clean water to drink is a luxury comparatively.

No one , not one of us , is denying we can’t improve systems , but I think if you took a look out in the real world you would find a lot of people trying to do just that .

I’m no fan of politicians by any stretch of the imagination but I do believe most of them enter that as a career with the best intentions , Jackie Lambie is one that springs to mind going into bat for the battlers .

What part of 'housing access and affordability is a huge issue and we need to do something to address it' is going to undermine the paradise of Australia?

You're simply doing that thing where you talk about anything else but the topic in question in order to try to move the discussion so far away from the original topic that you never have to deal with it.
Yeh it’s Boomers

080E67B4-91FA-4359-A19A-EE671871E06F.png

Nobody has disputed the raw numbers.
Then what was the point of the last 3 pages trying to discredit Taylor for daring to say that we live in a lucky country , which is nothing but the truth.

The truth is that even the majority of people who are living rough have agencies out there who will assist them and I dare say a lot of them could improve their own standard of living along with this assistance.

Mental health issues probably stymies that process for many though .
Dealing with these mental health issues is something that I think society has only become aware of in recent decades and is making inroads on as we speak.

That’s a good thing right ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are these numbers high compared to the whole market? Historically?
My understanding is that in places like Sydney this has been a driving factor over the years
Not the main or root cause but a factor all the same

Then what was the point of the last 3 pages trying to discredit Taylor for daring to say that we live in a lucky country , which is nothing but the truth.
To point out that the raw numbers don't reflect reality for a lot of people. My experience of "Australia" isn't the experience of, for example, a kid in a regional area without any job prospects.

This is obvious, but seemed to lead to a big argument.

To point out that the raw numbers don't reflect reality for a lot of people. My experience of "Australia" isn't the experience of, for example, a kid in a regional area without any job prospects.

This is obvious, but seemed to lead to a big argument.
Fair enough

On that point though I do believe that job opportunities for young people in regional areas have improved dramatically

I live regional , always have and have family and friends across country towns all over WA .
Resounding thing I am hearing is that they can not find workers .
This goes across all spectrums of employment too

I’m hearing ( and experiencing) it From local government , cafes , building industry , steel fabricators , cafes , bakeries , farm workers etc.etc

There is massive opportunity for people to live on the regions

Therefore perhaps the young generation should consider this if they have come to the conclusion that cities are unaffordable.
Living in the country is the best
I would not have it any other way .

job opportunities for young people in regional areas have improved dramatically
But there are regional areas with very high youth unemployment. Our experiences are mostly personal and local, not universal. That was my entire point.

The truth is that even the majority of people who are living rough have agencies out there who will assist them and I dare say a lot of them could improve their own standard of living along with this assistance.

Mental health issues probably stymies that process for many though .
Dealing with these mental health issues is something that I think society has only become aware of in recent decades and is making inroads on as we speak.

That’s a good thing right ?

Nah, Taylor is just doing the same thing she always does, tries to distract from the topic.

The whole 'ADMIT YOU'RE LIVING IN A PARADISE' schtick is just a distraction, and entirely irrelevant to the discussion.

Nah, Taylor is just doing the same thing she always does, tries to distract from the topic.

The whole 'ADMIT YOU'RE LIVING IN A PARADISE' schtick is just a distraction, and entirely irrelevant to the discussion.
Can’t argue with the fact that it’s a pretty damn good place to live though for Bommers and millennials alike , right ?

I would be as bold to say that even as a poor disadvantaged person this is the country I’d prefer to be in .

I’m sure there are a handful of others who do welfare better but they would be in the minority.

Fair enough

On that point though I do believe that job opportunities for young people in regional areas have improved dramatically

I live regional , always have and have family and friends across country towns all over WA .
Resounding thing I am hearing is that they can not find workers .
This goes across all spectrums of employment too

I’m hearing ( and experiencing) it From local government , cafes , building industry , steel fabricators , cafes , bakeries , farm workers etc.etc

There is massive opportunity for people to live on the regions

Therefore perhaps the young generation should consider this if they have come to the conclusion that cities are unaffordable.
Living in the country is the best
I would not have it any other way .
I wish people that obviously never leave the city would stop just making up rubbish like "It"s hard to find jobs out in the country".

I wish people that obviously never leave the city would stop just making up rubbish like "It"s hard to find jobs out in the country".
It's very hard in some regions. I wish people would stop making up rubbish like "the country" is one place.

It's very hard in some regions. I wish people would stop making up rubbish like "the country" is one place.
Umm ok mate then where exactly?

In a downturn it's harder in regional areas but at the moment it's the opposite, employers are screaming for people.

Can’t argue with the fact that it’s a pretty damn good place to live though for Bommers and millennials alike , right ?

I would be as bold to say that even as a poor disadvantaged person this is the country I’d prefer to be in .

I’m sure there are a handful of others who do welfare better but they would be in the minority.
Our dole payments are close to the worst in the OECD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back