Boost for finals, is it hammer time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to break it to you but Andre died. You're going to have to get yourself a new fantasy.

He's dead? Man, i'm old. Okay, how about this, i get some "sweet chin music" from the sexy boy, get "woooo'd" by the nature boy and cop a tombstone from The Undertaker rather than see those guys return to the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Its going to be Hampson or Griffiths come finals, Reckon one or both could pop up against the saints

Not sure on that. They both need more time. In the review of the VFL video it sounded like both guys were not really ready for the VFL full time as yet. So AFL seems like a HUGE stretch.

That is, both guys are getting form and movement back after time out, not they can't play VFL level.

expecting him to be picked this week... not sure how i feel about it.

though i guess it's an upgrade from soldo eh? think we only left him out based on matchups and quality of ruck stocks vs freo. against other sides we will require the extra ruck/tall option.

my only worry would be taking him into a final only to be friggen hurt or completely out by qtr time and we are a man down from being dumbf***s

I'd rather we had some other legitimate option in the ruck but we don't really. Life goes on.

Hampson is a good tap ruckman but you'd think the opposition would try to exploit him around the ground. At the end of the day does giving Nankervis a chop out in the ruck for maybe 20% of the game (max) justify putting a one dimensional guy into the team? Or do we risk Griffiths, who has more strings to his bow (can play forward) but one big knock away from never playing again. Can we as a premiership contender stick with a makeshift Grigg and play to our strengths instead?

The truth is there's been some fairly average premiership ruckmen over the years so you can win without dominating the ruck. I hate to say it but this is the week to experiment. Pick the best option we have as a backup ruck and give him a game. If it works, stick with it. If it doesn't, straight back to last weekend's setup with Grigg.

I want him in, hes a good contested mark and tap rick man!!

Pure comedy.
Hampson, while a great tap ruckman, averages 2.5 marks per game across his career and averages just 2.3 in his time at Tigerland, most of them being on the end of short passes. Great contested mark he is not.
In 20 games this season, young Nankervis has 616 hit outs.
In 20 games last season, Hampson had 665 hit outs.
We are getting two less hit outs on average from our number one ruck, who is arguably th recruit of the season.
And you and others want to change? Why?
The numbers and argument don't stand up.
And that's before you account for the fact Hampson has no value around the ground and has about one 90th of the competetiveness that Nankervis shows on game day.
Move on.
That said just watch Hardwick bring back his love child!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather we had some other legitimate option in the ruck but we don't really. Life goes on.

Hampson is a good tap ruckman but you'd think the opposition would try to exploit him around the ground. At the end of the day does giving Nankervis a chop out in the ruck for maybe 20% of the game (max) justify putting a one dimensional guy into the team? Or do we risk Griffiths, who has more strings to his bow (can play forward) but one big knock away from never playing again. Can we as a premiership contender stick with a makeshift Grigg and play to our strengths instead?

The truth is there's been some fairly average premiership ruckmen over the years so you can win without dominating the ruck. I hate to say it but this is the week to experiment. Pick the best option we have as a backup ruck and give him a game. If it works, stick with it. If it doesn't, straight back to last weekend's setup with Grigg.

Nankervis is averaging two less hit outs per game than hampson did last season.
It's not a factor.

Nankervis is averaging two less hit outs per game than hampson did last season.
It's not a factor.

The more I think about it the less I can justify him. But who would you rather? Griffiths, maric or soldo? Or just run the risk of nankervis getting run into the ground?

I can see us going unchanged for the last game and caddy brought in for the first final. Hampson, Conca, Griffiths selection all have the capacity of completely derailing the season. Surely they have learnt from the 2015 debacle.

Pure comedy.
Hampson, while a great tap ruckman, averages 2.5 marks per game across his career and averages just 2.3 in his time at Tigerland, most of them being on the end of short passes. Great contested mark he is not.
In 20 games this season, young Nankervis has 616 hit outs.
In 20 games last season, Hampson had 665 hit outs.
We are getting two less hit outs on average from our number one ruck, who is arguably th recruit of the season.
And you and others want to change? Why?
The numbers and argument don't stand up.
And that's before you account for the fact Hampson has no value around the ground and has about one 90th of the competetiveness that Nankervis shows on game day.
Move on.
That said just watch Hardwick bring back his love child!
If we play geelong in a final stanley and smith will kill nakervis again, hamma is our best option..

If we play geelong in a final stanley and smith will kill nakervis again, hamma is our best option..

Didn't Soldo play? Would've had a better chance going in without soldo and cellis ie 2 down. I'd back nankervis in on his own next time we play them

The more I think about it the less I can justify him. But who would you rather? Griffiths, maric or soldo? Or just run the risk of nankervis getting run into the ground?

Nankervis, I assume, was given a break for a few weeks with Soldo in the line-up, will get through Sunday and have a 13-14 day break inbetween games and will be right to go on his own.
I can't cop any of Hampon, Soldo or a severely underdone Griffiths in our first or second finals team .... but watch this space and see what the master Hardwick pulls out of his hat.

Probably have to judge on taps to advantage stats.

Well, on face value, I don't think we have been disadvantaged tap-wise by Nank playing ruck ..... and we are getting about a 2000% increase in output around the ground.
Here are Nanks stats from last week ..... 32 hit outs, 13 kicks, 134 handballs (26 possessions), six tackles, one goal.
I would back Hammer to get 36 hit outs, but seriously, it would take him five weeks combined to get the 26 possessions Nank got last week and three weeks for him to nail six tackles.
Move on!
Staggers me we still have supporters who think Hammer is some missing link and that his 2016 season was anything but average.

Didn't Soldo play? Would've had a better chance going in without soldo and cellis ie 2 down. I'd back nankervis in on his own next time we play them
Fair enough thats what dimma has done for this week, see how we go..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back