Boost for finals, is it hammer time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well....it's not a bad idea.

Soldo isn't AFL ready, not yet. Maybe in a few years. In a final, realistically can we rely on him for the entire game against Mumford? If he's beaten, can he go forward and genuinely be a target? I don't think so.

So do we look at Hamma? Hampson will win the majority of his hit-outs but won't do much when it comes to tackling and clearances. Upgrade on Soldo, but not by much. He has good hands but his kicking at goal....not so much.

Griff should be the go, genuine CHF. That's what we need, a guy who either brings the ball to ground or crashes the pack so the amigos can buzz around.

And Conca needs a game before the finals at AFL. Can he get through a full game? He'll be a straight swap for C.Ellis.

It's all coming together ladies and gents.
Conca will be a straight swap for broad/short position on the lock down half back flank position.. While Griff isn't durable if he is fit he must play in his 1.5 afl games this year his average output was almost 100% better than both Elton and soldos.. If he happens to go down, we have shown we can play with 1 less tall... The loss of that type of player will affect us less than it would any other side, in fact it may even speed us up, playing with 3 on the bench is not much different to 4 in today's footy.

Griff had two shots for goal and then was duly sent by quarter time and was a mere spectator after quarter time.
Look beyond the first quarter and you'll see that Griff offered nothing and we were down to 21 men.

True. His form line thru the game mirrored that of the team. Started strongly then fell away. But yes, he was shizen.
I still maintain our problem that day was in the contested ball dept by the midfielders.

True. His form line thru the game mirrored that of the team. Started strongly then fell away. But yes, he was shizen.
I still maintain our problem that day was in the contested ball dept by the midfielders.

I am not allowed to say it, but a certain guy who wears a number between the captain's and Jake Batchelor's was horrid.
That said wasn't alone. Said captain was soundly thrashed (9 possessions); BEllis awful (10 possessions); though those totals beat #10's total of eight.
A third consecutive crap final from #10.
The Conca selection was neither here nor there ... he had eight possessions and two shots on goal for 1.1 in just over half an hour of football.
Griffith, however, touched it four times .... once after quarter time. Nothing to do with contested possession, he was simply spent and not fit, which freakin staggers me seeing intelligent Big Footy posters spruiking Griffiths and especially Hampson as finals wildcards. We play those two off no fitness base, might as well forfeit the first final on the Thursday night before.

Seeing as west coast aint doing s**t all, I kinda hope you boys go all the way this year. Damien Hardwick is a likable chap, copped alot of s**t but sticks up for his boys, and they play for him big time with emotion and I think it will have a big effect on how they play finals this year, plus all those past failures in finals. Dusty is a machine and will grab a final/prelim by the throat, Jack is coming back, the backline is looking solid af, its set up for yas. Would be a good feel if the Tigers are Premiers this year.

Conca will be a straight swap for broad/short position on the lock down half back flank position.. While Griff isn't durable if he is fit he must play in his 1.5 afl games this year his average output was almost 100% better than both Elton and soldos.. If he happens to go down, we have shown we can play with 1 less tall... The loss of that type of player will affect us less than it would any other side, in fact it may even speed us up, playing with 3 on the bench is not much different to 4 in today's footy.
You might want to factor in time on ground when comparing. Soldo at very limited game time is actually producing good numbers. I'm not sure how many minutes Griff is averaging.(just checked, Griff wasn't on the ground much either. Interesting that coaching strategy re" time on ground has been same for Soldo & Griff)

Last edited:
I am not allowed to say it, but a certain guy who wears a number between the captain's and Jake Batchelor's was horrid.
That said wasn't alone. Said captain was soundly thrashed (9 possessions); BEllis awful (10 possessions); though those totals beat #10's total of eight.
A third consecutive crap final from #10.
The Conca selection was neither here nor there ... he had eight possessions and two shots on goal for 1.1 in just over half an hour of football.
Griffith, however, touched it four times .... once after quarter time. Nothing to do with contested possession, he was simply spent and not fit, which freakin staggers me seeing intelligent Big Footy posters spruiking Griffiths and especially Hampson as finals wildcards. We play those two off no fitness base, might as well forfeit the first final on the Thursday night before.

one of them he was thrown back in ala-Conca from a non healed broken leg?

Titch is a small forward aboriginal finisher and a gem

hes not the primary issue

hampson is s**t

I would rather have Andre the giant fist my a-hole with no lube than hammer play seniors for us again. Same with Griff and Conca.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

From what I'm hearing in the VFL game, Hammer, winning taps, nothing else around the ground, cats sharking his tap work, we're getting smacked at the cattery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I'm hearing in the VFL game, Hammer, winning taps, nothing else around the ground, cats sharking his tap work, we're getting smacked at the cattery.

So the main change from last time we played is now hammer is rucking and we go from a top 4 team to getting flogged.

Doesn't make a great case for him being elevated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So the main change from last time we played is now hammer is rucking and we go from a top 4 team to getting flogged.

Doesn't make a great case for him being elevated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've got it back to a couple of goals, but, it's the same ol same ol from what I'm listening to.

hammer tearing it up in the vfl bring him in next week for nank imo

ad9aa8e26210dcee2c5309119d82e305.png

2 points down at 3/4 time. Kicked the last 3 goals.

I would rather have Andre the giant fist my a-hole with no lube than hammer play seniors for us again. Same with Griff and Conca.

Sorry to break it to you but Andre died. You're going to have to get yourself a new fantasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back