AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
GC Suns, Arsenal, MVictory
my new boots:
53803.jpg

$203 rrp but got them for about $100 including shipping

I play soccer fwiw

Going to go back to the traditional Puma Kings again for the season ahead. Will have my old Tiempo's for back up and for dry days as i'll be getting them with screw ins. Looking forward to being in them again!!

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Going to go back to the traditional Puma Kings again for the season ahead. Will have my old Tiempo's for back up and for dry days as i'll be getting them with screw ins. Looking forward to being in them again!!

I also went the Puma Kings, had the best stops which is basically what I look for, I have good feet so stability wasn't a huge issue. Also helped that they were $99 down from $150!

Can't go wrong really.

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone got the asics lethal testimonial's? I'm considering them and wondering if they're any good.

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Saw the asics Lethal Tigreor 7 IT's at my local Rebel for $132 (40% off) :eek:

Tried on a pair and I just knew that they were the ones, the kangaroo leather was super soft... they were just a little too small :(

Will try and find my size somewhere else and get a price match ;)

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
Extremely random question, but is there anyway to kind of strengthen the leather on footy boots? The kicking part of the leather on my boots has gone soft and it's affecting my kicking compared to the start of the season when it was more firm and the ball was coming off a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
I'm definitely going Asics as the foot angle will help a couple posture issues I have. And the firm-ground ones, as we play in summer here.

But which is best to go for - the Tigreor or the Testimonial?

Testimonials seem to have a better upper material (both are K-leather but Tigreor seems to be interwoven with synthetic/plastic). But I am not sure about the soles - the moulded studs of the Testimonials seem to have larger studs and they're longer, nearly like blades. I'm a little worried they have too much surface contact with the ground. Tigreors have traditional round moulded studs giving a more even spread for dispersion when I throw a Hayes-esque sidestep.

Tigreor
17283.jpg

Testimonial
13611.jpg

Also on these pics, the heel on the Tigreor looks much higher, yet both have that 10mm heel thing apparently.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm totally stuck on which boots to buy. I bought a set of the Asics gel Lethal Ultimates.

asics-gel-lethal-ultimate-igs-10-football.jpg

They are great to run in, but find that you have to perfect with your kick every time or you will shank it. There is no in between and they are definitely harder to kick in than all previous boots I have had. Any ideas on a boot that is still very to good to run in, but gives that really good feel and connection when kicking??

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
Might as well ask here.

Would anybody like to buy some slightly used green predator trx lethal zones? Size UK 9.5

They were used for one training session and 15 minutes in a match.

Reason for selling: Half a size too small, only reaslised this half way through a training session, trying to wear them with thinner socks didn't help. Can't return them now.

Basically I didn't even wear them enough to put a groove into the insole.

Nov 1, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm totally stuck on which boots to buy. I bought a set of the Asics gel Lethal Ultimates.

asics-gel-lethal-ultimate-igs-10-football.jpg

They are great to run in, but find that you have to perfect with your kick every time or you will shank it. There is no in between and they are definitely harder to kick in than all previous boots I have had. Any ideas on a boot that is still very to good to run in, but gives that really good feel and connection when kicking??
I got a pair of these on sale because of my foot problems. A bit heavier than other boots but very comfortable and you can definitely feel that they are protecting your feet more. Apparently they are the best shoes you can get when it comes to support.

I have noticed changes for me when it comes to kicking too, though more positive than negative. I feel like my good kicks are much better overall and it sounds very good off the boot, but at the same time it feels like the ball is coming off the side of the boot more often when I do a bad kick. I reckon it might be more to do with getting used to them though. The number of those odd kicks is starting to go down as I wear them for longer.

You could maybe try the lower level ranges like the Gel Lethal 16s or Gel Lethal Club's. A lot of the same features with slightly less support, but maybe have a shape that might suit your kicking more. I was really tossing up between this one and the Gel Lethal 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back