Skills Boots

Remove this Banner Ad

hope the new ones are good, let me know! i got the white/blue/purple ones ronaldo wore for a while

fell to pieces with the rough surface

Thought I'd update you since I've been using the Vapors since November.
I have found them to obviously be extremely light. A team mate has the new adizeros and they are even lighter. I have a wide foot so I seem to squeeze into these but it's not a big deal. Heres some pros and cons so far

Pros - Very light
Look awesome
Feel very quick with lateral movement and takeoff

Cons - (Bear in mind I havnt worn a football boot for a few years)
Foot aches when having a long session eg 2 hours of hard drills

Other then that I'm pretty happy with the boot, I'm fine with it being a little bit uncomfortable as long as I'm able to move. I probably have lower expectations though.

I've always been a black boots man.

I wore some Adidas Copa Mundials for the past two seasons. As a uni student this year, I couldn't justify the $220 price tag. So I bought some Nike Tiempo IV's for $160.

That is all.

Thought I'd update you since I've been using the Vapors since November.
I have found them to obviously be extremely light. A team mate has the new adizeros and they are even lighter. I have a wide foot so I seem to squeeze into these but it's not a big deal. Heres some pros and cons so far

Pros - Very light
Look awesome
Feel very quick with lateral movement and takeoff

Cons - (Bear in mind I havnt worn a football boot for a few years)
Foot aches when having a long session eg 2 hours of hard drills

Other then that I'm pretty happy with the boot, I'm fine with it being a little bit uncomfortable as long as I'm able to move. I probably have lower expectations though.

good to hear!

i found they made my feet sore too, but even my old nikes with cushioning in them didn't seem to make a huge difference.

i had vapors and the laces cover got torn in half when someone stepped on my foot so just took them off, boot looks way better now, will post pics soon.

i got black/orange superflys mid last year too, never wore them (don't even know why i bought them :p) but they felt the same as the vapor, the actual boot felt like it was better quality leather but the weight was about the same and teh comfort was teh same. not worth the extra couple hundred dollars imo

are they superflys? carbon fibre soles? (again, not that it matters or makes a difference, just curious)

Anyone here have or have tried the ASICS GEL - Lethal Ultimate IGS 8.

Thinking making a comeback from a brief 2 year retirement, haha and therefore getting some new boots. I find boots really uncomfortable and most of my last season i spent training in my runners. Is it fair to say these Asics are the closest comparison to wearing runners?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Being a Tigers boy and also becuase I play for Richmond Central, I was looking into buying 'Asics - Lethal Stats' in the black and wattle.

What is the major difference between these and the Tigreors which I normally get?

hey guys.
are the Asics Lethal ST SG alright for $70 delivered for aussie rules?

34405.jpg

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...ccer-Cleats-BlackWhitePacific-Blue-34405.aspx

is soccer boots and afl boots the same?
also are men's screw in studs still fine to use or is moulded better?

as far as I am aware they are pretty much the same...

Don't use screws on hard ground... will kill your feet... you should have (obviously if you can afford too) 2 pairs of boots, moulds and screws and then just go with whatever the conditions dictate

Is anyone able to confirm that steel studs are in fact legal to wear on the footy field? I always thought there weren't allowed on the footy field, so I never even considered the possibility of receiving them. I ordered a pair of boots from prodirect soccer, and received steel screwins instead of moulded studs. Apparently I should have known this by the description of FG or SG. I never once assumed I would receive steel studs. Has anyone else had this problem before?

Anyone here have or have tried the ASICS GEL - Lethal Ultimate IGS 8.

Thinking making a comeback from a brief 2 year retirement, haha and therefore getting some new boots. I find boots really uncomfortable and most of my last season i spent training in my runners. Is it fair to say these Asics are the closest comparison to wearing runners?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I bought a pair of these a few weeks ago and have found them very good. I have ridiculously wide feet and these are the only boots that I could wear without my feet going numb. They're very light, comfortable and had no blisters from two practice matches without ever being able to wear them in beforehand (still have to train with runners, thanks council). The look and style isn't what I'd normally go for, but they're quality boots.

I bought a pair of these a few weeks ago and have found them very good. I have ridiculously wide feet and these are the only boots that I could wear without my feet going numb. They're very light, comfortable and had no blisters from two practice matches without ever being able to wear them in beforehand (still have to train with runners, thanks council). The look and style isn't what I'd normally go for, but they're quality boots.
Yeah great follow up. Best boots I've ever had. More comfortable than my runners. Pity I've retired again. Haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone able to confirm that steel studs are in fact legal to wear on the footy field? I always thought there weren't allowed on the footy field, so I never even considered the possibility of receiving them. I ordered a pair of boots from prodirect soccer, and received steel screwins instead of moulded studs. Apparently I should have known this by the description of FG or SG. I never once assumed I would receive steel studs. Has anyone else had this problem before?

Definitely not legal. You should be able to find some plastics to swap though, they're a standard screw.

Definitely not legal. You should be able to find some plastics to swap though, they're a standard screw.
That would be ideal. I must have had one bad experience two years ago. I went to a sports store (can't remember which one), and asked if they had plastic/rubber screwins. The bloke working there told me I couldn't replace steels studs with plastic ones. As strange as that sounded to me at the time, I believed him.

I'll try my luck with another store I think.

anyone know what boots taylor hunt is wearing atm? they are a gloss black, look pretty slick.............

Yeah they're the adidas 11Pro SL TRX FG in Black.

We can get them in on special order. Otherwise if you were after a slick looking black pair, we have the adidas Predators in black.
http://www.myfootyboots.com.au/products/adidas-predator-lz-trx-fg-mens-black-green-zest

Other adidas 11Pro boots in different colours:
http://www.myfootyboots.com.au/search?q=adidas+11pro&x=0&y=0

Can't go past puma kings. I've worn Nike, Adidas, lotto and I've found puma are the comfiest boot I've worn. Their not overly expensive either which is a plus

1e63477a-e3fc-4417-9a40-30c6174ab6cb.jpeg
Bought these this year. Most ive spent on boots ever. Really great boots. Have had no blisters.. big win.

Does anyone else find that asics boots run smaller than their runners?

Yeah they definitely do. Typically it's a half to 1 full size smaller, but there are a few pairs which run even smaller again.

We deal with a few frustrated customers who experience the same problem. Frustrating for all involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back