Skills Boots

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't like them. If I dont go Adidas I will be going back to trusty old Puma King's.

I'm not a fan of them nowadays, they're half plastic and no longer a full leather boot. Best boot I had was the Puma King's a few years back.

I'm not a fan of them nowadays, they're half plastic and no longer a full leather boot. Best boot I had was the Puma King's a few years back.

Yeah same, I had a pair maybe 3 years ago that I thought were great. Not a fan at all of the plastic and stuff on the boots these days which is one of the reasons why I bought the Tiempo Legend IV's for this year.

Will probably make my decision around February or so next year so plenty of time for new boots to come out.

Been on the tiempo legend for years now and cant recommend that boot more highly!

The tiempo legend 5 is now out, but i think i might switch over to the nike premier. It is a very traditional looking boot. Plain black/white with no fuss about it. From what I have read online, it is one of the best value boots (under/around $100). It is also said to be incredibly comfortable- pretty much the only thing I look for in a soccer/ football shoe.

What is everyone's thoughts on more shoe style boots vs traditional low sided boots (if that makes sense) for Aussie Rules.
I have a pair of Asics which are more of a shoe style but I am a little worried it may have a negative affect on my kicking accuracy? Though I think they may be more comfortable/beneficial for running?

Been on the tiempo legend for years now and cant recommend that boot more highly!

The tiempo legend 5 is now out, but i think i might switch over to the nike premier. It is a very traditional looking boot. Plain black/white with no fuss about it. From what I have read online, it is one of the best value boots (under/around $100). It is also said to be incredibly comfortable- pretty much the only thing I look for in a soccer/ football shoe.
Those Nike Premiers are so cool. I'm torn on whether to grab them or some Copas.

What is everyone's thoughts on more shoe style boots vs traditional low sided boots (if that makes sense) for Aussie Rules.
I have a pair of Asics which are more of a shoe style but I am a little worried it may have a negative affect on my kicking accuracy? Though I think they may be more comfortable/beneficial for running?

Lots of guys I know use these asics and no one seems to ever have a problem.

Nike%2BTiempo%2BLegend%2BV%2BRed%2BWhite%2B%281%29.JPG

I want these. So sexy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

Just been thinking about purchasing some new boots for the upcoming season. However I have been thinking about which brand in particular I will buy, because I have found a few flaws, particularly with Puma, as good as the boots are, they just seem to fall apart after one season. I have stopped growing so I am really looking for boots that will last.

These are the ones I previously had

sme301C20121.jpg

Light photo, but as much as they are beginning to fall apart, they have been good boots, really have found I don't slip and get good ball connection with them.

The previous boots I had before them were the best I ever had in my opinion, I got given them for free by an ex-Claremont player, who had bundles of boots and I got first dibs, got these ones and loved them, they came with 3 different soles and just felt amazing to kick with, and even better, would have lasted for 3 years or more if my feet didn't grow an extra few centimetres.

tunit-f504.jpg

Had these in a different colour.

I also had a pair of cheaper Puma's the year before that which also fell apart, but thats what you get for buying cheap I guess. I have never tried Nike, I have had friends who have got nasty blisters from them. Have wanted to try the new Asics but haven't tried them yet.

So I was wondering what you guys wear, and if any boots have really impressed you in the past. Hopefully get some pattern flowing to get some idea of what I should buy. :thumbsu:

Everyone is going to say a range of boots...only way you can find the best pair for yourself is to trial most pairs....

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/Product/Asics-Lethal-Flash-DS-2-Men-s-Football-Boots/42058505

New wheels, bit loud but got a bargain
Anybody used these lethal ds boots before?

Few years ago I used the lethals for half a season, nice boot, just slightly heavier than the tigreor. Colours are always shocking though. If you can get an asics boot on sale they are worth it, apart from colour they never update their boots.

Though I rarely play these days, I picked up a pair of the all black predators just because. Working at a sports store has its bonuses some times. Would have gone the black Legends with the white cutaway if my size was anywhere to be found.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back